“High Quality Experience ... shame about the parking attendant” 4 of 5 stars

+44 1271 320218
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: OPEN ALL YEAR - Providing comprehensive Surf & S.U.P. Lessons & Hire from ages 5-85. NEW FOR 2015 - Coasteering in Croyde. Based from the Academy's Big Blue Bus in Down End Car Park, Croyde overlooking the beach. WE GUARANTEE TO HAVE YOU UP & RIDING IN YOUR FIRST SURF LESSON OR YOUR SECOND LESSON FREE ! We have changing facilities on the bus and there are also on-site toilets and showers.Hot and cold refreshments can be purchased from the Cafe in the car park.
London, United Kingdom
“High Quality Experience ... shame about the parking attendant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We spent a late afternoon with the team. When we arrived the parking attendant was extremely rude - he had the personality of a wet fish ... thereafter, it was an excellent experience witht the surf instructors.

Very good quality instruction and a great team.

The parking attendant made this 4 stars not 5.

Visited July 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Improver surfing lesson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Croyde Surf Academy were fantastic right from the start! Carlo was very nice and knew straight away what we were going to do to improve my surfing skills. He explained everything very easily and we took off at a good pace. I had a brilliant first session in perfect wave conditions and progressed at a quick pace, confidently catching un-broken waves, popping up and turning the board. Carlo was very relaxed with his sessions mentioning that if I got tired we could easily stop and go back into the water at a later date. I was very satisfied with this lesson and learnt so much! I would highly recommend learning to surf with Croyde Surf Academy ...I'm going back in September!

Carlo made me feel welcome right from the start. I was a little apprehensive as I had never surfed before but Carlo explained everything so clearly by the time I entered the water I was relaxed and happy. I will definitely be back to carry on where I left off.
~Jo Denlan

It was raining when we turned up but the instructor was enthusiastic from the word go and got the kids excited which was important for me as it was all for them. A perfect day out and we are now all hooked

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“Surfing Croyde Bay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

My family and I visit Croyde every year, yet usually tend to stick to what we know, and go body-boarding. This year, however, we decided to try something a little different, and booked a surfing lesson with Carlo at The Croyde Surf Academy, based on recommendation. We were so glad we did! A little apprehensive to begin with (mainly not knowing what to expect), our instructor made you feel instantly at ease, chatting and joking, yet still making sure you felt completely safe and comfortable throughout every stage of the experience. There were four of us who participated in the lesson, of varying ages and builds, and this was accommodated for; Carlo tailoring the 'pop-up' technique to suit each of our individual styles and strengths. Considering none of us had ever surfed before, by the end of the lesson every one of us had stood up on our surf boards, and had gained knowledge not only on how to surf, yet also the equipment, safety and etiquette involved with surfing also. Booking a lesson with Croyde Surf Academy was the best thing that we did all holiday; we had so much fun, and even gained enough knowledge and confidence to hire our own boards, enabling us to continue surfing for the rest of the holiday, using the techniques we had been taught. I would definitely recommend Croyde surf Academy, at great value for money, and with staff who are second to none, we can't wait to go back and visit again.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“my croyde surfing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Going into surfing, I wasn't able to swim so was very agisnt going surfing.
As we walked down the beach with our surf boards I began to get more uneasy.
I got into the water with persuasion from the Croyde surf team and in about 5 minute I was on the board.
By the end of the hours session we had, I was standing up on the board without help.

I would like to say a big thankyou to the croyde surf team as they were lovely and very helpful. They made my experience amazing :)

THANKYOOOUUU

Jade :)

“Really Good Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Did exactly what it said on the tin with guarantee to be stood up by end of lesson, only 3 waves in and I was up....shortly followed by a mouth full of salt water and sand after wiping out due to my excitement and laughter at achieving this.

Really nice and friendly instructors would recommend to anyone wanting to give it a go as a complete novice.