“Amazing Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thistledoo Bed & Breakfast Croyde

Thistledoo Bed & Breakfast Croyde
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Croyde
Thistledoo Bed & Breakfast Croyde
You added Thistledoo Bed & Breakfast Croyde to your Saves list
7 Bonnicott Lane, Croyde, Braunton EX331PU, England   |
Ranked #4 of 22 Croyde B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Amazing Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I had to write a review as we had the best stay at The Thistledoo, as the rooms were full we were offered to camp in the gardens and we had a brilliant time. Gizzy was so welcoming and friendly, we could not fault our stay. The cooked breakfast was amazing with lots of options and as much juice, coffee and tea as you like. We can't wait to return to The Thisltdoo very soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Had a great few nights at Thistledoo, with a young baby we really weren't sure where to head but Gizzy soon put our mind at rest when we rang and booked and we were all very welcome. Very short walk to beach or the town and good size and very clean. Would definately come again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Croyde is one of my favourite places in the world and staying at Thistledoo with Gizzy is the icing on the cake.

Rooms are nice and clean and the house is in a very convenient location for the centre of the village and the sea.

The best bit about staying in Thistledoo is how lovely and friendly everyone is. Breakfast cooked by Gizzy is the highlight of each of my trips! I've already been back twice this year.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had a really nice evening at Thistledoo, the room was clean and a good size. Our host was very welcoming and we had a nice chat over breakfast in the morning. The only possible negative is that the bathroom and shower rooms are in separate rooms, no en-suite, was fine for us but other might not like this. Finally this place is great value for money.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I had a great stay at Thistledoo last year, so I knew it was a good choice this time around. However, at such short notice, there were no rooms available so I was offered camping in the garden instead - and at a great rate, which included breakfast.
I had access to the family bathroom any time of the day/night, which was wonderful - their shower is excellent - and also enjoyed my breakfasts with other surfers and non-surfers alike.
Gizzy and her family go out of their way to make you feel at home. This was never clearer to me than on my first night there when I experienced what I would call a mild hurricane - not ideal in a tent ;-) But they helped me with a dry towel, hot tea and even drove me to retrieve my wetsuit, which had blown away!
I thoroughly recommend Thistledoo for single surfers, small groups, etc. who don't need en-suite facilities. Camping there is perfect - pretty sheltered, safe and quiet. Looking forward to returning... :-)

Room Tip: If there are no rooms, ask about camping in the garden...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My friends and I recently came back to Thistledoo and pitched our tent in Ali and Gizzy's garden, having really enjoyed our first stay there a few months ago. They couldn't have been more welcoming and I can't recommend it highly enough. I'm sure we'll be back again soon, for more great breakfasts, warm welcomes, good laughs and big Gizzy hugs!

Room Tip: Rooms are lovely but if it's booked up you can camp in the lovely garden
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This brilliant little B&B can be easily missed to the unsuspecting eye however provides the perfect retreat for a surfing holiday. Gizzy is such a welcoming host who provides a fantastic source of local knowledge ranging from the best beaches to surf depending on conditions to where to eat in the evening (The Rock Inn is superb.) My room was very nicely prepared as was the delicious cooked breakfast. The wet suit cleaning area was appreciated nearly as much as the fantastic shower after a blustery day in the surf. After staying at this B&B i wouldn't choose anywhere else in the local area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Thistledoo Bed & Breakfast Croyde? Share your experiences!