We were only told our hotel 3 days before departure and so it was with some trepidation (after reading reviews) that we started our holiday at the H Top Royal Star.What a surprise, we found the hotel to be clean and although rather dated (not a four star) ideal for our holiday with 4 adults and 4 teenagers.
There was enough choice in the restaurant to please everybody,with lovely salads and meat and fish on every day.I read reviews stating that the food was cold but we certainly did not find that was the case.We had a trip out to Barcelona and the hotel provided us with a free packed lunch.
At night there was entertainment and the hotel was packed creating a buzzy atmosphere that we weren't expecting this early in the season.
A lovely 10 minute stroll to the beach which was clean and not too busy. We also went to Barcelona on a coach (approx 20 euro return).This service runs every 30 mins and the bus station is about 10 mins walk from the hotel.
The staff were pleasant and we did not encounter any rudeness towards us as previous reviewers have stated.
All in all we had a great time.I think some people expect far too much for the money that they paid. This was a great place to explore the Costa Brava. The only downside to the hotel is that the walls are paper thin and you could hear people in adjoining rooms and corridors. However the beds were really comfy and we all slept really well.
I would recommend this hotel,it is in a great place.Lloret has pubs and clubs, we recommend the Tyrol Bar,shops and a great beach. we were never bored.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- H. TOP Royal Star **** is a family and couples paradise. For All Inclusive customers there is a wide variety of snacks and meals, domestic drinks and recreational activities for all ages. All guest rooms have air-conditioning with individual climate control, private balcony/terrace, safety deposit box, bathroom with shower, bathtub and hair dryers, Satellite color TV. Direct dial telephone.Mini-Club, entertainment, swimming pool and covered climatized swimming pool, cold & warm jacuzzi, sauna, fittness, gym, medical service 24, car rental, mother's laundry, solarium, tours and more...(Some of these services may not be included in the price) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your H TOP Royal Star reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Top Royal Star Hotel
- Royal Star Hotel Lloret De Mar
- H TOP Royal Star Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain