Cant believe some of the bad reviews about this Hotel, think some people just like to moan and find fault in anything.
Its exactly what it is, a cheap hotel and you get what you pay for, for the price I think its very good value for money.
Theres a lot of selection at every meal time, different pastas, salads, soups, meats, fish, chips, deserts etc although some of it wasnt 'amazing' it was adequate and you could always find something reasonably good to eat, cant believe the comapints I've had, oh and everything hot was always 'hot' when I was eating, no microwave required!
There are plently of local food and bars as well if hotel food and drink doesnt take your fancy, at very reasonable prices as well.
Indoor pool and sauna area is decent and considering the price of hotel its an impressive inclusion in comparison to some of the other comparable hotels.
Cleaners do room every day and leave it in a good condition of cleaniness.
Outside seating areas are nice and clean.
Good location for either beach, and only a ten minute stroll to the busy part of Lloret, something I like because personally I like to be away from it all but close enough to walk.
Bar staff seem to be hit and miss, one minute really friendly and the next a bit ignorant, doesnt worry me now because all europeans seem to be like that everwhere you go now, so switch off from it now.
I dont like the drinks system operated here, card for your glass and a card for a drink, dont know why they have'nt adopted the wristband approach which is far easier, maybe its to discourage you from drinking so much or to encourage you to go out, this is the only thing letting this hotel down in my opinion but again its no massive deal and could probably do with the exercise of going up and down the bar more often!
They give us a room at the back of hotel at first so we went back to reception and they moved us to pool view straight awat without argument, another plus on the service of hotel.
There are a lot of young people here, stag do's, hen parties, footbal teams etc and they can be a bit rowdy at times but not too bad and dont seem to cause any trouble, so just beware, no point moaning about it afterwards you know what your getting when you book, but dont let it put you off as its really no big deal.
I have stayed in this hotel three times now and dont really have a complaint for what Ive paid, I would stay here again although seen enough of Lloret now, time to try other cheap winter/spring destinations.
All I could say to be people about the reviews on this hotel is simply this if your easy going and understand you get what you pay for then book this, if your a moaner, not easy going, find fault in everything or think you should get a carribean holiday for caravan park prices then dont.
- Also Known As:
- Top Royal Star Hotel
- Royal Star Lloret
- Royal Star Hotel Lloret De Mar
- Royal Star Hotel
- H TOP Royal Star Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- H. TOP Royal Star **** is a family and couples paradise. For All Inclusive customers there is a wide variety of snacks and meals, domestic drinks and recreational activities for all ages. All guest rooms have air-conditioning with individual climate control, private balcony/terrace, safety deposit box, bathroom with shower, bathtub and hair dryers, Satellite color TV. Direct dial telephone.Mini-Club, entertainment, swimming pool and covered climatized swimming pool, cold & warm jacuzzi, sauna, fittness, gym, medical service 24, car rental, mother's laundry, solarium, tours and more...(Some of these services may not be included in the price) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your H TOP Royal Star reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.