We were transferred to this hotel after we were told the Gran Casino had been closed. We had not been informed prior to arriving in Girona that we did not have a hotel. When arriving at the Royal Star we were provided with a room without question and this took place quickly and efficiently. The hotel is clean and the beds are made and fresh towels supplied daily. Our room was clean and comfortable. The walls are thin though so can sometimes be noisy. I would recommend a room at the back of the hotel. The area overlooking the pool would be quite noisy in the evenings due to the outside bar area and music from the hall next door. The swimming pools are cleaned and checked daily. Access to the pool area is locked until approx 9am and then closed at 11.30pm. The sun beds are a little uncomfortable as are plastic. You are provided with several cards when you check in. The first is your room key card, the second is your ID card with your photo, room number and date of stay, the third is a card for your use of a glass at the bar. You hand the bar staff your glass card and ID card and you get provided with a fresh glass each time. Plastic if out by the pool. They are small but there is no limit on how many times you go to the bar. The drinks provided when staying fully inc are the local spirits and beers. The desk staff were very welcoming and friendly. On first impressions the hotel decor is dated and has a 60's feel. There is a wide varety of food to eat. At breakfast there are cereals, sausages, egg, bacon, tomatos, toast, cold meats, fruit etc plus help yourself drinks machine for tea, coffee, hot chocolate, orange juice, pineapple juice, apple juice etc. At lunch and dinner you have to provide your ID card before being allowed in. There is a good choice from salad, olives, chips, pork, chicken, fish, rice, veg, paella, soups and deserts. We were fully inc but you have to pay for your drinks in the dining hall. At lunch and dinner you do not have use of the help yourself drinks machines that you can use at breakfast. All food we had was hot, but if not hot there are microwaves for use by customers if they want to warm it up. The hotel is 10 minutes walk from the town. There are some clubs and really nice bars in the town. It is quite expensive to have a night outside of the hotel and prices are similar to that in the UK. There is a supermarket 5 mins away if you walk out of the hotel and turn right. Overall, we had an enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- H. TOP Royal Star **** is a family and couples paradise. For All Inclusive customers there is a wide variety of snacks and meals, domestic drinks and recreational activities for all ages. All guest rooms have air-conditioning with individual climate control, private balcony/terrace, safety deposit box, bathroom with shower, bathtub and hair dryers, Satellite color TV. Direct dial telephone.Mini-Club, entertainment, swimming pool and covered climatized swimming pool, cold & warm jacuzzi, sauna, fittness, gym, medical service 24, car rental, mother's laundry, solarium, tours and more...(Some of these services may not be included in the price) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your H TOP Royal Star reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Top Royal Star Hotel
- Royal Star Hotel Lloret De Mar
- H TOP Royal Star Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain