“Don’t Go! And Definitely not a 4*” 1 of 5 stars
Review of GHT Oasis Park & SPA

You added GHT Oasis Park & SPA to your Saves list
GHT Oasis Park & SPA
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Actor Pere Codina i Mont s/n, 17310 Lloret de Mar, Spain   |
Ranked #33 of 128 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
bridgend
“Don’t Go! And Definitely not a 4*”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stayed here for 7 nights with my husband at the beginning of October. First impressions of Reception area etc lovely, rooms not bad but a little dated, everywhere exceptionally clean.

Food very, very repetitive. We have had a much better food selection from 3* hotels in the past. The only potato I saw over the whole week was chips…. not my favourite – lived on pasta instead!!

Now for the worst part – on our second day the hotel was ‘invaded’ by a Spanish religious group (nothing personal about religious groups) but this was absolutely absurd. They came in droves with their pillows and quilts (obviously squeezing into rooms they shouldn’t be). They were rude, arrogant and the restaurant was like a team of locusts had hit it. Trying to buy a drink at the bar was impossible.

Three days later they left and the hotel returned to its original, quiet, peaceful state….. However, the following day another load arrived. I could not even get to the sink to wash my hands after using the main toilet as it was surrounded by women dressing, applying make up and doing their hair. Enough was enough! I went to reception to complain. The receptionist was very nice and apologised profusely, however the Manager’s view was not the same. She advised me the groups brought in lots of money so they could basically act as they wished. I found that really upsetting – I’m sure if a group of Brit’s turned up and acted as they did, they would be turfed out onto the street!

Just beware – these groups descend on this hotel many times a year. If it’s a peaceful getaway you’re looking for – avoid this one like the plague!!

Oh and before the management come on here responding to my review – I did inform you at the time of my unhappiness and you really couldn’t have cared less – WE WILL NOT BE RETURNING.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at GHT Oasis Park & SPA, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear French,
Thanks for sharing your opinion on TripAdvisor.
Hotel Oasis Park will always accept all the clients no matter what are their religion, race or skin color. Thanks for your understanding.
Our entire guests have to behave correctly in our hotel and respect other guest and we always try to ensure it.
I’m wondering how you know if we receive or not big groups in our hotel. I’m so sorry but I have to correct you, because we don’t receive big groups as often as you said.
Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in September for 3 nights.
Good sides;The food (we half board) had lots of variety and was very nice.Could easily say that it was one of the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed and had a newly renovated bathroom. Very easy access to a lovely beach.
Bad sides: Very dated décor in the rooms and dining area (like from 80`s) , soft drinks are not included in the half board option and you have to pay then and there which is not what you expect from 4 star at all. Also, there was no wi-fi during our stay and reception staff was aware of it but nothing was done to solve the issue. Generally, I cant say that reception staff was in a very helpful manner, was only answering questions and not really directing and explaining (When we wanted to arrange a transport was told to check the wall that has advertisements for transport companies etc.). Overall, for 3 nights on half board we paid 190 pounds so it was very good price. However It is not what I expected and have experienced before in a 4 star hotels in Europe and Turkey and would not go back. If i compare it with other 4 stars I have stayed in I would say it was merely a 3 star hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at GHT Oasis Park & SPA, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear guest,
We appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly work to offer the highest quality service. I’m so sorry to read that your stay didn’t cover your expectations.
During the reservation process, you can select the board you want; in case you want the drinks to be included you can also select that option. Sorry if it was not clear enough.
I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel Oasis Park. Sincerely
scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

this is our third year at Oasis Park in Fenals area of Lloret de Mar. Only 15 minutes walk into Lloret or use the local bus service which does the loop every 20 minutes and only 1.30 euro. we have opted for the suite rooms on the 6th floor , which are really nice apartments with kitchen/fridge included, great bathroom, huge bed in the bedroom which is separated with sliding doors from the main apartment. lounge area has table and chairs for 4 person with sofa bed if required. balcony has astroturf as flooring along with 2 loungers and small drinks table and your very own Jacuzzi . best ask for room overlooking the pool as this side gets the sun from midday onwards. a little more expensive but worth every penny.

Room Tip: pool facing rooms as these get the sun from midday onwards
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at GHT Oasis Park & SPA, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Ianys
It is a pleasure to read that the hotel covered all your expectations and above all, that you had a nice stay with us and enjoyed our suites.
Hopefully we will see you soon at Hotel Oasis Park.
Kind regards
Haifa, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

The hotel is large hotel, which provide all inclusive deals.

The WIFI didnt work at all for all the 3 days of my staying there, and even when asking when is it going to be fixed? the receponist ansered soon or simply said there is a problem and we try to fix it.

The worst of all is that I got a room on the Lobbly floor facing outside street room no. 21. I have asked for double bed, but recieved twin bed, but the bed is not the issue.

the room itself is fine, the bathroom is good. I was dissapointed that for a mini bar need to pay extra for the locker for the safe pay extra - its not service oriented in my opinion. during the day and night the room was noisy, but very noisy.

the walls between the other rooms including the bathroom maybe made from paper or its kinds. you hear everything, every word, every mobile that rotate from the other rooms, when flushing the roialet from the other room or taking shower you simply hear it and its totally bothers.

More than that in the morning time, I heard noises from my ceiling in terms of moving chairs and foot stepping. I thought its a noisy gueest and that the next day it will be better. after hearing the same noises from 6:30 in the morning till 10:00 oclock and hardly could not sleep at night and not in noon brake, I went up to see whats the problem is, it seems that all the section of room in the lobby floor are simply under the dining room.

I never had such unpleasent stay in any hotel all my life. and I travel a lot for bussiness about 12 travel a year and 3 for holidays.

It was my last night there and when I went to the reception they say there is no free room available and this noise is regular come from dining room.

The question I asked myself, whats wrong with these management that they know the room is noisy, but still put guests there and collect the full price on it and don't care much about their customers.

In other hotels , when rooms are located in a noisy location or under construction, the hotel management will mention it in advance and even provide promo rate for these rooms and let the customers decide wether to apply these condition or not.

The swimming pool is nice and the spa area is also the good points of this hotel.
But if I come to relax vacation I ecpect to have quite room to relax at noon, night and after going out to sleep in the morning time as well but quitely...

also the food on all inclusive was only so so... will not reccomend on it as well. some cases the shrimps were smelled not fresh and the vegtables had no taste.

I WILL DEFENTLY NOT COME BACK TO THIS HOTEL AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: ROOMS facing the pool only and in high floor! Do not accept rooms on the lobby floor! The food in...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at GHT Oasis Park & SPA, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Ron,
Thank you for taking time and write a review on TripAdvisor.
We deeply regret that the hotel did not meet your expectations and we note your comments with the aim of improving. We made improvements regarding the soundproofing of all the rooms, sorry if that was not enough for you, we will work on it.
We hope to see you soon and to show you that we hear the feedback from our customers and that we work to offer them an unforgettable experience in our hotels. Best regards,
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This hotel is perfect for any type of holiday. The spa facilities were great you could just walk from one facility to the other. We particularly enjoyed the fact that mostly Spanish and French families and couples were holidaying here. The British are missing out on this one. The hotel is actually in the Fenals area which is the bay around the other side of Lloret de Mar and the beach here is much better as it is quieter and less crowded. The food is perfect and the staff are amazingly friendly. There is a really good entertainment programme should you need it for adults and children. The beach is a ten minute walk away. Fifteen mins walk takes you into Lloret de Mar with lots of shops and bars,very busy. We had a one bedroom apartment on the ground floor near the pool which was lovely and spacious and spotless with a new bathroom we hope to visit again.

Room Tip: ask for a pool view room, lovely balconies.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at GHT Oasis Park & SPA, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear client,
Thank you for taking time and write on TripAdvisor it will help other guests to know better Hotel Oasis Park. What a pleasure to read that you were satisfied with our services and enjoyed your stay with us.
We are very much looking forward to your next visit to Hotel Oasis Park. Best regards
Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We have just returned from a lovely stay at the Oasis Park. After reading some reviews we were very worried about our choice of hotel. We had no need to be. We arrived to a friendly welcome at reception and an easy check in. Our room was ample size and very clean. We had a pool view which was lovely. Our room was cleaned every day and fresh towels were left. The pool area was very pleasant and all staff were very friendly. What more could you ask for. We have just booked to return again in May 2014 and can't wait. This time we are hoping to enjoy some excursions and are wondering if we can book this through the hotel when we arrive and if so what excursions are on offer. If anybody can answer this for us it would be much appreciated.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Anita,
Thank you for staying at Hotel Oasis Park. What a wonderful new that you will come back!!
You can book the excursions through the hotel, email us some days before your arrival and we will be more than happy to help you.
In our web site we propose some excursions you can consult it.
Here I will propose you some plans to do:
• Cala Canyelles: This beach has been awarded a Blue Flag. It has a little port and a Boat Club. It is the furthest beach from the town centre and it is reached by the road that goes to Tossa de Mar. It is about the same length as Santa Cristina beach. Canyelles is notable for having Lloret de Mar’s only port.

• Santa Cristina Beach: its privileged position between two hills protects it from the hills and the waves, so its waters are always calm.

• Sa Caleta Beach: Adjacent to Lloret beach, it is overlooked by a castle which affords wonderful views.

• Treumal Beach: The two big rock sitting at the right of Santa Cristina beach form a gateway to Cala Treumal. This little beach is surrounded by dense vegetation that gives it a more untouched feel. Its strong slope means that Treumal has larger waves. This beach can also be reached from the chapel.

• Olot: Olot is a town that is known for its nature: it forms part of the Garrotxa Volcanic Area Nature Park. The district of Olot has four volcanoes; Montolivet, Montsacopa, Garrinada and Bisaroques.

• Girona: Girona has the charm of a big city, but without the crowds; it’s a city on a more human scale. Because it’s so small and has been dominated by so many different cultures, Girona has a special charm about it that few cities in the world have.

• Figueres: Figueres is known worldwide as being the location of the famous Teatre-Museu Dalí, devoted exclusively to the work of the surrealist painter Salvador Dalí. Figueres is the last major town before one reaches France, and this is why it has become a strategic location and a hub, a gateway and a stopping-point for travellers and tourists entering and leaving Spain.

• Besalú: Besalú is one of Catalonia’s most important and well-preserved medieval towns.

• Barcelona: Barcelona is the capital of Catalonia and the second most populated city in Spain. It is a modern, cosmopolitan city like all major cities by the sea, in this case, the Mediterranean.

• Santa Clotilde Gardens: The Santa Clotilde Gardens are located in a place of great beauty. On a cliff with stunning views over the sea, and it is a wonderful garden, a true example of the spirit that formed the nineteenth-century movement in Catalonia which Eugeni d'Ors's was brilliant.

• La Roca Village: Discover La Roca Village Chic Outlet Shopping® Village where you'll find over 100 boutiques of national and international brands at reduced prices up to 60% throughout the year

• Port Aventura: Circuits with zip lines adventure in the woods behind the trees, canoping, quads, archery, battle Lasser, horses, mountain biking and much more ....

• Stadium and Museum of Barça: Visit the museum and the stadium of BARÇA, the best team in the world

• Marineland: See Zoo and water park for chlidren, young and old. Ideal for an unforgettable day.

• Waterworld: Water Park in Lloret de Mar, to enjoy a day of water, pools, slides and more ....

• Caves Monferran: Come and meet some genuine wineries which prepares one of the best Catalan cava (champagne)
Follow our blog and you will discover new places and plans to do in Lloret de Mar.
Hope this information will be helpful.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We booked this holiday for the beginning of August 2013 through Travel Republic so all was done separately. Flew into Barcelona airport as there were no flights into Gerona. The transfer bus was a company called FROM TO. I was expecting the transfer to take around 2 hours plus so was very surprised when it took just over an hour and this was around lunchtime that we were traveling. Drop off points for the hotel was in a bus lay by on the main road as the roads around the hotel free quite small, the hotel was only a 2 minute walk from the drop off point so was not too bad.

The staff at the hotel were very friendly, as we arrived at around 12.30pm our room was not quite ready so wee were given a key to put our suitcases in a storage room and were able to have a look round the pool area and sit and have a drink while we waited. The room was ready by 1 pm and we were told where to go. As there was myself my partner and 2 15 year old lads we had an apartment with 1 double bedroom and a lounge area which had the sofa converted into 2 beds. The room was on the ground floor at the back of the hotel (not a pool view). It was a good size with plenty of room for 4 people and the luggage.

We went half board (breakfast and evening meal). We found there was a very good choice of food with around 6 different stations for all varieties of food. There was fish every night but also meats soup salad etc. staff serving the drinks very very friendly. We seemed to have the same man every night and he remembered what drinks we had every night. The rooms were cleaned on a daily basis and the towels were also changed daily which does not always happen in other hotels I have stayed in.

We were a little worried about the club that was just behind our room as this was a lap dancing/strip club so we were concerned that this would cause a lot of late night noise from over indulgent drinkers shouting about whilst leaving the club, but thankfully this did not happen and we did not hear any problems from it.

Then hotel is in the fennals area of lloret and a little quieter so we were able to let the boys go off on there own in the evenings and not worry about them. It was only about a 15 to 20 minute walk down to the centre of lloret where you will find all sorts of pubs and clubs and a wide variety of shops from little gift shops selling the usual fridge magnets etc to more up market shops.

The beach was a short walk from the hotel with all sorts of water sports from jet ski's to parasailing. There are also several bars. The beach was not nice soft sand it was almost like small rock salt sand so would recommend flip flops on the beach.

There is a water park about 1 mile from the hotel with a free bus service to it there is also a Go-Kart track just over the road from the water park, there is also a free bus but we decide to walk as it was not far.

We had not been to lloret before wand were very pleased with it. On the hotel we would defiantly stay there again. I have read a few bad reviews about the all inclusive service but do not know what it was like as I didn't witness anything as there were very few all inclusive people there when we stayed.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at GHT Oasis Park & SPA, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Sharon,
Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.
It is a pleasure to know that you had an enjoyable vacation at our hotel.
Hope to see you soon.
Best regards,

Been to GHT Oasis Park & SPA? Share your experiences!