“Wouldnt stay here again” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added GHT Oasis Park & SPA to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
GHT Oasis Park & SPA
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Actor Pere Codina i Mont s/n, 17310 Lloret de Mar, Spain   |
Ranked #32 of 128 hotels in Lloret de Mar
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Wouldnt stay here again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Although advertised as Lloret de mar the hotel is actually situated in Fenals and is roughly a 10-15 min walk from central Lloret. The rooms are clean and are cleaned everyday with fresh towels. The rooms can get warm at night as there is no air conditioning. The food in the hotel is absolutely disgusting!! Lunch and dinner both pretty much the same food served. Food was served cold including a large bowl of stone cold custard with a few biscuits thrown on top which was supposed to be a dessert. Both me and my daughter stuck to eating chips and vegetables even though she usually eats anything given to her. I didn't bother with breakfasts. Stony beach not sandy. Bus and train available to Barcelona which takes just under 2 hours. Mainly Spanish and Russian holidaymakers, very few English. We stayed for 3 nights and was my daughters first holiday. She seemed to enjoy her time there but we will not be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at GHT Oasis Park & SPA, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Latoya,
I’m sorry to know that the hotel didn’t cover your expectations. All our rooms have Air Conditioning and there’s 24/7 a person in the reception in case something is wrong in our guest’s rooms. I am very concerned by your constructive remarks regarding our buffet. I apologize that you did not enjoy our large buffet; we have a cold area and a warm area in order to satisfy all our guest tastes. Thank you for bringing these matters to our attention, they will help us to improve our quality to the level you would expect from our hotel. We all look forward to welcoming you again. Best regards,

332 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Polish first
barnsley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

we returned on the 17th may 2013 booking in was very fast and was gave a room with a pool view again.The room was large and very clean the maid came every morning to clean and change towels.On our second day the hotel became very very full with Spanish pensioners so trying to get sorted at dinner time was a nightmere on a good note they only stayed 48hrs.A group of young german boys were below us who thought is was funny to blast very loud music out at 2am in the morning.The night staff were fantastic in dealing with them.This didn't spoil my holiday overall the hotel is run great and is in a great location.Will be returning next year

Room Tip: rooms facing the pool are lovely but you do get the noise from the road
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Debbie,
Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. It was indeed a pleasure to read that you were overall satisfied with our services and enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for the courtesy of your time and we all look forward to welcoming you again at the Hotel Aquarium in a not too distant future. Yours sincerely,
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We have returned to Oasis Park after our last year visit.We have been staying during half-term break, just came back last week.We were a party of three: my mum,daugther and myself.The hotel is situated is a quiet area, perfect location for families.It's about 5-7 minutes walk to the Fennals beach and about 15 minutes to another beach located in the town centre.Lloret is a very busy resort with lots of enterntainment,discos,clubs,shops and many other things to do.If you are party people I would suggest to find hotel somewhere closer to the the town centreas Oasis is located quite far from the night life.
We were allocated in room 240 with a nice pool view.The room was of standard size, adequate for 3 people.There was a flat screen TV with over 20 channels, not bad.There was a free air con in the room.The weather wasn't good for the first three days, we were very lucky as there was a heated outdoor pool so could keep ourselves entartained.There is a gym and a outdoor jacuzzi.We have never used jacuzzi as it was always full.I have noticed a big changes in bar area.There were new sofas and funiture (quite modern tables and chairs) as well as lightening has changed.I was very impressed with the changes, well done!
We were staying on HB, food was great.We loved their freshly baked croissant and lovely pancakes.Dinner was good as well, plenty of choice, nice meats, salads, desserts and always around six choices of fruit.The resturant staff was working very hard.They were always nice and cheerful.Special thanks to Rafa who was traying his best to find my daughter's toy :-)
The hotel was very clean, our room has been cleaned every day including Sundays with towels changed daily.Pool area was very well mantained as well.There were lots of loungers and there was no need to reserve them in the morning.You could use their beach towels for the deposit( £10 per towel ) which is very handy if you are travelling only with a hand luggage.
There are two supermarkets very close to the hotel.Carefur just opposite the hotel and another one Eroski just about 2 minutes walking from the hotel( huge one, you can find absolutely everything in there).
Two things which we didn't like.
The carpets in the corridors need urgent cleaning as they are very smelly.
The evening entertainment could be better.We have seen the show with magician and it was rather boring.Kids evening entertainement was slighly better, although there is more staff required as there was only one girl trying to entartain kids.I can understand that it was just the beginning of summer season so could justify quite poor entertainment.
The best of Oasis was deffinately it's staff.All of them they were working very hard.The ladies from reception were always happy to help.Well done everyone!
If you have any special requests regarding your room the best would be to e-mail reception some time in advance to your stay.They are always doing their best to accomodate guests' requests.Ask for a pool view room as they are much better than those facing the road.

Overall, we had a lovely stay in Oasis Park and we definately recommend this hotel to everyone.We will definately come back to Oasis next year.

Room Tip: Rooms with the pool view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kasia,
Thank you so much for your amazing lines. We really appreciate the time that you spend explaining your experience in our hotel, definitely it will help other potential clients to know better Hotel Oasis Park. We will take into consideration all your comments and we will continue working to provide the best possible service to our clients and also to you if we have the opportunity to have you in our hotel again. Best regards,
Bydgoszcz, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed in this hotel in May 2013 for a couple of days.The hotel is close to fenals beach but far to the city centre (with kids and on foot) We booked 2 apartments and had full board. The rooms were fine altogether there were 2 rooms a small "kitchen" and a bathroom, there was enough space. The facilities for children inside and outside the hotel were ok The miniclub was closed but the indoor swimming pool for children was fine. The food was really good and variable, the only thing I didn;t like was the fact that I had to pay for the drinks. I felt a little bit cheated because I sent 3 emails asking if I have to pay for the drinks and I got no response.When I reported it to the receptionist she said sorry and that she can do nothing about it. But there is nothing more I can complain, the staff was really nice, jacuzzi was free of charge, the last day when we were leaving we received packed lunch for the journey :). I reccomend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Apartments 2/4 are on the ground floor very close to, just opposite the indoor swimming pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,
Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the inconvenience with the email and its missing response. I’m happy to know that overall you had a great time with us. Hope to see you soon in our hotel or in other GHT Hotels. Sincerely,
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Oasis Park is a decent hotel with good facilities and friendly staff. It caters for couples, families and groups. I've stayed there twice recently with my wife. There are lots of Russians staying there, very polite; groups of young Germans; a party of French school children; Spanish pensioners using the facilities etc etc.

I didn't have a problem with any of that but what is sadly totally unreasonable is that they also cater for large multi-coachloads of American tourists who suddenly descend upon the hotel like a plague of locusts - I'm talking about 300 people arriving at once here, staying 3 nights, and during this period totally swamping the reception on arrival, the dining room every night and morning, the pool area etc. The hotel simply can't cope with these volumes, it is totally unfair on existing guests and the poor staff who do their best to cope, and for this reason I will think long and hard before booking this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GHT_H0tels, Director Comercial at GHT Oasis Park & SPA, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear John,

we want to thank you for writting this review of our Hotel Oasis Park & SPA. We monitor and take into account all the reviews written by our guests in order to improve year after year by your guidance.

We are very sorry about your last experience in our hotel, and we regret you waited for a bad experience to write a review. The situation you mention is very unusual and exceptional but we are aware of what happened and will consider it in the future.

We would be very happy if you give us another chance, at Hotel Oasis Tossa & SPA or in any other of our 9 hotels along the Costa Brava and Costa de Barcelona-Maresme. You won't be disappointed!

Sincerely yours,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Whenever I write a review, I always try to focus on the good things. It was hard for me to do with this review. We did not book this hotel on our own; it was included in a package deal we had to Lloret De Mar for a long weekend. If we return to this town, I would not stay here. The rooms are very basic and minimalistic (which may be the norm for a beach resort town). We had a quad room as me and my husband were sharing a room with our two children. The room had 4 beds, not on bigger bed for me and my husband but two small beds pushed together, which didn't really help because we each had our own set of sheets so there was no way to make this into one bigger bed. We only had three towels in the room when we checked in and thank God the maids were still in the hallway so we could ask for one more. One of our friends asked for another towel in the evening and was told that the maids lock them up and there was no way to get another one until morning. The carpets in the hallway were dirty and could use a cleaning. The maid service was excellent and the room was very clean.

My children were very disappointed that the pool closed at 8:00 pm. There was one big pool outside and a smaller enclosed pool, which my children did have fun in. There were no towels available in the pool area so once again, not being able to get additional towels in the afternoon/evening was a problem but because this is a beach resort town, it might be customary to have your own beach towels.

We were not impressed with the buffet. We had to stand in line for over an hour to get inside. My husband was hoping for more seafood on the buffet (as it showed in the pictures) but was disappointed. Once inside, the food was replenished quickly so no complaints there. Paying extra for drinks we did not like.

Overall, we had an okay stay. Not sure what the 3 or 2 star hotels would be like but in a beach resort town, the standards may be different. The location to Fenals beach was great, but other than that, we were not very impressed.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at GHT Oasis Park & SPA, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear client,
Thanks for writing your experience on TripAdvisor. I will take into consideration all your suggestions in order to work on it and maybe had the opportunity to receive you in the future.
I will like to suggest you on your next visit  that if you want a double ask for it during your reservation. The hotel will be more than happy to assign you a room with that kind of bed, if available.
I’m a little bit surprise with the towels issue, because towels are available at the reception 24/7 and at the swimming pool while it is open.
We would love to offer anytime our services to our clients, but we have to work on the maintenance in order to offer you a perfect experience, that’s why we have to close the swimming pool at that 20h. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I’m glad to know that overall you had a good stay with us. Best regards,
u k
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

stayed here last year was so impressed with the food choice and quality especially in comparison to festival village hotel a mile or so up the road the food there was awful to be polite! The one thing that let this hotel down for us was the evening entertainment was a bit naff and the music by the pool was on a loop so repetative and loud but perfect location!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GHT_H0tels, Director Comercial at GHT Oasis Park & SPA, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear guest,
Thanks for your comments in Trip Advisor, surely it will be a great help to improve in the future.
Do not hesitate to contact us for your next reservation. Kind regards,
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to GHT Oasis Park & SPA? Share your experiences!