We returned to the UK on the 5th of June after a fortnight half board at this hotel. Our first impressions were very good.
The public area's were brilliantly clean, tidy and well presented. There is a large pool with plenty of sunbeds and a smaller kids pool. The pool area was cleaned meticulously every morning and evening.
Our room was a good size overlooking the pool and was reasonably well furnished and maintained.
We had maid service every day, but we weren't too impressed by her cleaning. There was dust on the floor every day after the maid had been and although she left clean bed linen a week into our hols, we had to put it on our beds ourselves and leave the used sheets in a pile for her to collect the next day.
The restaurant was ok, but a bit small to cater for the number of guests during busy times. There were two sittings, one from 7.30 til 8.45pm and the 2nd from 8.45 til 10pm. We were on the first sitting, but would have been gutted if we'd been on the second. It's not ideal having your evening meal so late if you've got kids or if you want to have a walk after dinner. All the shops are shut by the time you've finished your meal and there's hardly anyone on the streets apart from people walking from one bar to another.
Even with the sittings in the restaurant, during busy times we had to queue for about 10 minutes. On the odd occasion, there were no tables left and we had to wait for someone to finish before we could get seated.
The food was of a good standard considering the numbers they are catering for. However, it was almost always cold, especially in the evenings. There were two microwaves in the restaurant, which we quickly began to use to heat our food every mealtime..
I don't want to sound picky, but there was a distinct lack of vegetables with the evening meals. There were always some kind of potatoes and usually one other veg. Strange, when they were putting out lovely veg (green beans and ratatouille) at breakfast..., the mind boggles!!!
The hotel is located in Fenals on the outskirts of Lloret and it is much quieter than the main resort. There are a good selection of shops and bars close by and Fenals beach is about a 10 minute walk away. This beach is smaller than the main one in Lloret and the promenade only stretches about a couple of hundred metres. It is not really suitable for an evening stroll. The main beach in Lloret has a nice promenade with plenty of ice cream kiosks etc. Both beaches had very course sand, more like gravel.
I was on holiday with my partner, but felt like it was more of a singles resort with the number of stag & hen doo's we saw in Lloret. Having said that, it didn't bother us, but might bother some.
We always make the most of our holidays and still enjoyed it, but don't think we'd go back in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the residential area of Fenals 600 metres from the beach. Come and enjoy the unbelievable surroundings of sea and mountains here at the Costa Encantada, a small paradise of tranquillity. The best kept secret on the Costa Brava.Costa Encantada is composed of 284 apartments. All have fully equipped kitchen with electric stove and all utensils necessary. The bathroom has a tub, shower, hair dryer and other accessories.We also have telephone and satellite TV with flat screen in the dining room. Des on the terrace of the apartments you can admire beautiful views. All apartments are equipped with air conditioning, heating, alarm clock and safe (the safe use of an additional cost).Studio for 2 people:It is a one-room apartment that has two beds, bathroom, kitchen, TV and terrace with views. Apartment of 2 to 4 people:They have a room with two beds, two sofa beds in the room, bathroom, kitchen and terrace. Apartment of 2 to 5 people: They have two bedrooms with two beds, two sofa beds in the room, bathroom, kitchen, TV and terrace with views . Apartment of 4 to 6 people. They have a room with two beds, three sofa beds in the dinning, bathroom, kitchen, TV and terrace with views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Aparthotel Costa Encantada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Costa Encantada Hotel Lloret De Mar
- Costa Encantada Aparthotel Hotel
- Aparthotel Costa Encantada Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain