“Nice hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 128 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

Well to be honest i was quite worried about staying in this hotel after all the bad reviews that i had read. i have just returned from the royal beach hotel and have to say i really enjoyed my holiday. The hotel is nice, yes its pretty basic and nothing fancy but was fine for me and and my family. My daughters aged 4 and 2 loved it!! The only thing i wasn't very impressed with was the food and drink. I found the food very repetitive as there seemed to be pork and fish on the menu every night and as for the drink, well i was starting to think there wasn't any alcohol in the alcohol! After 7 vodka and cokes i still felt stone cold sober! On the up side there is a bar across the road from the hotel called Roxy's which is great for food and drink and the prices are very reasonable. We were all inclusive but ended up spending a lot of money on food and drink else were. Entertainment wasn't very good for kids, but there is a kids club in the hotel which my 4 year old daughter loved. Don't think this hotel should be a 4 star, more like 2 star. Hope my review helps you make a decision.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Worst place I lived in. In my last day ,I left my bags in the luggage room ,equipped with a video camera that apparently wasn't recording anything.the hotel staff stole my wallet ,sunglasses and my camera from my luggage and nobody did anything ,the police neither. THE CONSEQUENCES were that is missed my flight , I lived for 33 hours in the airport and I paid another ticket ,all of this because of the hotel!!!!!!!!
DO NOT EVER GO TO ROYAL BEACH -LLORET DE MAR IF U CARE ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL THINGS!!!

Amelia Boitor
ami_xqx@yahoo.com

Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

Just got back from a ten day stay with my husband and two children of ten and twelve years. What a fantastic holiday. The hotel had no faults whatsoever (food-there was a different dishes everyday, pool- large pool with endless sunbeds and very relaxing atmosphere, entertainment- kids entertainment was varied archery, shooting, water bingo, skuba diving etc... family entertainment every evening and as for the rooms - the beds where all in one room, as I liked because I like to know my children are safe and close to me abroad. There were cleaners everyday and all of the hotel staff were very pleasent and polite and were always willing to help. There were a range of excursions on offer too. A fantastic roof top pool and two jacuzzis where the adults can relax and enjoy a little drink. The children can join you if you would like to. Snacks, drinks and icecream are available all day everyday. the beach was only a two minute walk away. warning- the sea is very steep getting into. i would not recommend for small children or non swimmers.

Denise,Leicester

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Yeovil, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

This Hotel is very noisy. It is not because its full of teenagers or its located in the noisy area of Loret as it is located in the quiter area of Fenals. The locking systems on the doors are very noisy when shuting. The beds make that horrible screaching noise when moved, that seems to travel through the whole Hotel. I did have young people in the room located next door to me that would return at 4-5am in the morning that really didnt help, not that they were noisy but it was every noise travelled. I did contact reception and asked if there was any possibilty that i could be moved. They offered me another room, but informed me that the couple next door was due to leave on the following day so we declined. The cleaners are second to none. They were most friendly and very good at cleaning and making up the room (THIS HOTEL IN NOT DIRTY-NOT IN ANY FORM). Hotel was very clean overall. Food was reasonable, but did get a bit boring after 7 days. The bar staff and reception staff could have made a bit more of an effort to be friendly, but were helpful most of the time. The All inclusive hotel visits allow you to visit other H Top hotels in the Costa Brava area, and use there facilities which i found to be very good. The collection of drinks for the all inclusive was a bit to be desired. You were given a card that you swaped for a small glass (approx 200ml -1/3 of a pint) that you would have to produce to be able to get another drink. You had to que for about 3-5mins everytime you wanted a drink. But in all fairness this is all done so you dont abuse the very reasonablly priced all inclusive plan.This Hotel is not as bad as some of the reviews make it out to be. I would probably not stay at this location again, due to me being a light sleeper and being kept awake awaiting for the next door lock to go. If you have booked this Hotel dont worry as it is not a Hotel from hell by along shot. I am sure you will have a very good holiday. If you are all inclusive book your trips in advance with the Hotel if you require them. Ticket to Barcelona can be purchased from local bus station in Loret for 13 Euros per Adult. Bus to Blanes and Train then To Center of Barcelona. Hope you have a good time if you have already booked and once again dont worry as the Hotel is fine. Feel free to ask any questions. Regards Jason

Room Tip: Request a room at the back of the Hotel and as far away from the stairs as possible.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011 via mobile

Stayed there for a week all inclusive the rooms were clean the food was spot on with plenty of selection the staff were all first class swimming pool and jaccuzi were nice and clean plenty of sun loungers great entertainment every day and night booking for next year we can't wait

• Stayed September 2011
Dorchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Arrived home today after a week stay at H. Top Royal Beach hotel. My boyfriend and I went for our first holiday away and we can definitely say we had an excellent time! After reading some of the reviews, we were a bit worried, but there is not a lot to worry about at all. Besides, a lot of the 'horrible' pictures and bad reviews are from years ago. It has changed a lot since then.

The weather was absolutely amazing. Couldn't have asked for more sun and we were a bit concerned as we were travelling mid-September. Also, we found that the hotel was quite quiet when we went, which was nice as there was always a huge choice of what sun bed you wanted. No going down to the pool at 6:30am to reserve them!

We went All Inclusive, which I definitely think is the best way to go. I'm not a fussy food-eater so I really took advantage of the unlimited food and to be honest there is something for everyone. If you are fussy and don't like the food, then there are plenty of places to eat out just outside of the hotel. Drinks on the other hand were quite funny. Drinks in the restaurant were definitely nicer than the drinks from the bar as the alcohol is quite watered down. But if you can drink as many as you want, who cares.

As everyone says, there is a beautiful beach just a 5 minute walk from the hotel. There are also stalls that sell trips and excursions like boat cruises which we heard were amazing. On the beach there are things like Parasailing and Inflatables. My boyfriend and I decided to go on the banana boat which costed 15 euros each for ten minutes and it is so worth it. So fun and most memorable thing we did.

The pool is big and refreshing after being under the blazing sun for a bit. No lilos in the pool though, but you are allowed inflatable rings... my favourite part was the roof terrace which opened at 10am, with more sun loungers, a bar that opened at 11am, 2 jacuzzis and a small dipping pool.

Room is lovely, basic of course but always clean. Nice balcony too. We had no noise problems and the air conditioning was great. Town is a bit of a walk, but good to burn off the calories from the unlimited food! It is worth it to have a look round. Shops, clubs, more places to eat and drink. And Lloret beach.

Entertainment in the evening wasn't the best but we still enjoyed it. The bar shuts at 12am so sometimes we would head over to Robin Hood across the road or El Pub a little way further.

All in all, we had a brilliant holiday and would definitely recommend it. Probably not 4 star, but for what you pay you shouldn't be expecting that. Also, not all the staff are rude, some were really fun and were happy when you wanted to talk to them.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

We read the reviews for this hotel before we went and it was a real worry until we arrived.
On first impressions we were relieved although Lloret is a busy town its down a little street away from the main town which seems a lot busier with younger people, we had to wait an hour for our room which wasn't bad it was about 12pm when we arrived. The room was clean and big enough for the four of us, the pool is OK with loads of beds we never didn't get one no matter what time of day we went, the food is really good we never found anything that was bad the beach which is a 5 minute walk is really nice and clean. The only down side to the holiday is the drinks from the bar long queues and only one drink per person at a time but it didn't spoil it. We would recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to H TOP Royal Beach? Share your experiences!