I would not call this a 5 Star Hotel compared to other places I've stayed. It is a good 4 Star.
The staff are what makes a hotel good and the service and attention from all the staff here was excellent. The only area where the staff were lacking was the dining area - English speaking waiters were sparse, considering that most of the occupants staying for the Spanish Grand Prix were English speaking - the hotel could have prioritised their staff and menus to accommodate.
The Breakfast selection was excellent, plenty of choice and variety.
The dinner menus were fine dining and offered a select choice of options for starter, main and dessert. Excellently prepared and presented food. Vast array of choice if you opt for the buffet starter.
The rooms are not special or different compared to top notch 5 Star hotels but comfortable non the less. I thought they would have Flat Screen TV's at least - but no. The place is a bit dated in my opinion. For the money I would have hoped for complementary Tea and Coffee or even water. There was a fridge with stocked mini bar but again pricey. Also when checking out they had charged me for a bottle of water I had not had, this was cancelled. The biggest issue I had was car parking. When we arrived there did not appear to be a car park - so I parked at the front and was told at check-in that they charge 18 Euros per day for parking. Not so pleased or welcoming from a guest paying top dollar, however the concierge did reduce the bill by one day when we checked out.
I wanted to iron my shirt, called reception to ask for an iron - was told they did not have one and that the laundry was closed (Sunday). I thought 5 star hotels were 24/7 everyday !
There is an outdoor pool and seating area with excellent gardens - all well kept and neat. However there was no gym or indoor pool or sauna/steam room for guests use unless (yes you guested it) you paid for it at 12 Euros per visit. There is a spa with various offerings and treatments, we just didn't have the time to try it and we were not going to pay extra to use the facility most other hotels offer for Free to their guests.
Its a short walk from the hotel to the beach and Lloret De Mar is a nice place to chill. As we had the car it was great to get out and explore. We drove from Barcelona Airport along the coast avoiding the Toll Charge Motorway network. A brilliant drive, great views and not much traffic, really easy and my European mapped tomtom was faultless.
Over all a good hotel, Not sure if id go back - probably not - I have since seen that Barcelona has a W hotel down the road from La Ramlas - so would rather go there.
- Also Known As:
- Guitart Gran Lloret De Mar
- Hotel Guitart Monterrey Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guitart Monterrey's transformation in a five-star establishment is the key element that guarantees a comprehensive project of the highest quality, quite unheard of in Lloret.It consists also of a Wellness and Spa of daydream where he will be able to enjoy the only sensations in a privileged environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, Travelocity, Priceline, Olotels and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Guitart Monterrey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.