“Just ok” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #104 of 128 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Kotka, Finland
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed here for a week and the place was just ok. When we arrived, we got wrong type of room: we requested one kingsize bed and balcony and got room with two separate beds and no balcony. And we had to wait till next day to noon and ask several times and explain over and over again that we wanted the room we had requested and paid for. And at last we got the correct room. But good thing was that rooms are clean and cleaners come everyday. There isn't much insulation in walls, so you can hear pretty much everything that goes on with neighbors and in the hallway.

We had all inclusive, but in addition to fee we had already paid when reserving, we had to pay EUR 20 deposit per each for drink tickets and wrist band. And that deposit can only be paid in cash. But drinks at bar you can get with ticket are ok. Food was ok, but nothing special and could have used some salt and seasoning.

There is wifi, but it isn't free. For a week it cost EUR 20 and only one computer or phone could use it, so we had to take turns using it.

I think the best thing about this place was it's location. But I don't think I want to go to Don Juan Center again if I visit Lloret.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews on here I was a little wary of what I was coming too, and on arrival it looked like a little street corner shop so I thought here we go. When we checked in we had to wait till half 12 for our rooms once inside they were exactly what I expected just a bog standard room beds, bathroom table ect. They were cleaned every day by polite cleaners with towels and toilet rolls always changed and stocked, nothing ever went missing out of our rooms and we didn't even bother getting a security box.
Now the food was fantastic, a good variety well cooked and tasted delicious the only thing I stayed away from was the fish as iam not a massive fan anyway, it was that superb that the dinning area was called the ritz because of its quality, never had any trouble from other guests while we were there most were very friendly and polite, the only downside was the lack off sun loungers, and I thought only the bar staff seemed miserable, we too had to pay a 10euro deposit for our all exclusive wrist bands which we didn't collect as we left, but if you think about it 10euro for as much as you can drink isn't bad what so ever, all in all a great holiday and I would recommend it to anyone, oh and one last thing I was also given a free bottle of champaign as I was leaving my room by the cleaning staff for bombing one of the cleaners in the pool and there though I was trying to save her haha - hotel hero

• Stayed September 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend have just returned from a week there and had a total nightmare. On arrival we were out into a room which was the size of a shoe box with all the furniture rammed in with practically no space to move. I complained about this and was given a different room which faced onto the busy shopping street. Not one single night did we not get woken up by drunken revellers or noise in the hotel. Yes it is cheap and central it is not worth the hassle and stress when meant to be on holiday.
The room cleanliness was ok and had new towels daily. The maids came in daily but didn't change the bedding just threw new sheets on the chair.
I couldn't comment on the food as only went for the room.

• Stayed August 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

On a scale of one to ten....this hotel is fantastic! Cracking location, clean rooms and 12 hours a day of quality all inclusive bar time. The showers are nice and powerful and make great hiding places when you get that inevitable knock on the door from the 'policia'. All the other guests were really friendly and i even saw a young man dive into the pool to save a women who had got herself into some difficulty. What a hero!

All in all I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and would recommended the hotel AND resort to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

the worst hotel ever! The cleaners wouldn't give us toilet rolls and when we asked for it the cleaner manager started shouting at me saying that she hasnt got to give me toilet rolls and if need some i can buy it myself lol had to go to the reception and ask for some, the lady in the reception gave me 2 rolls and when I approached my room the cleaner came up to me and whiped it from me thinking that I stole it from the trolley! On the next day the cleaners cleaned our room in the morning and left the towels on our beds, when we came back from the beach and wanted to take a shower the towels were gone! had to ring alpharooms.com because I couldn't be bothered arguing with the people in the reception. The day before we were going home my friend packed her suitcase and left everything tidy and clean, when we came back to the room later her suitcase was unzipped and her clothes were all messed up!! then she realised 20 pounds went missing! we went to the recepion but they said there is nothing they can do about it so we had to go to the police station because we said we won't leave it like that so the police officer came back to the hotel with us and asked for a complain form! the cleaners were swearing at us in spanish when we went past them and all staff in the hotel were giving us dirty looks all the time! The food was horrible and everyday we ended up eating out! all inclusive is only open from 10 till 10 and you have to pay 10 euro deposit! even though its cheap and in good location its not worth the stress! unfortunately we didint enjoy our holiday. keep away they treat you like sh it and dont take you seriously!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Kingston upon Hull, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and i have just returned from a weeks holiday here and to say the least it was the worst holiday EVER. On arrival we were told we had to wait for our room which wasnt a problem then they started telling us we had to pay for wrist bands for all inclusive and gave us a card each to get a drink which the bar staff took from you when you got your drink and when you took the cup back they gave you your card back. The staff seemed put out that they had to help you but dont they get paid for that!!!. When we did get our room key the room had just been vacated and not even cleaned the beds had just been gotten out of bottles all over and were the glass in the window was supposed to be there was a big peice of wood instead. We complained and had another key thrown at us. My wife had already decided she couldnt stay because it was awful couldnt even get round the SMALL pool cause there was only about 12 sunbeds and they were occupied by loud mouthed groups. We looked into flights home but to expensive so we ended up moving to another hotel at our expense. We tried ringing on the beach to complain and just as i was getting through to them the woman on reception snatched phone out of my hand and said i had been on to long. Before we moved hotel we complained to the staff they were very ignorant and rude and gave dirty looks after that. The food is also disscusting wouldnt feed it the animals which is exactly the way you are treated at this hotel. so STAY AWAY !!!!!!

Room Tip: Dont bother all terrible