“Hotel Ok but the worst food I've ever had in a Hotel” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel Moremar
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Passeig Acacies, 2, 17310 Lloret de Mar, Spain   |
Ranked #67 of 128 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
yorkshire
“Hotel Ok but the worst food I've ever had in a Hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I like to leave frank and honest reviews. The hotel itself is down a small street which is the back of some other hotels. We arrived in the early hours got our keys and a plated salad which was a nice thought. The rooms are clean and roomy. The balcony we had literally looked on to a wall which is very close and claustrophobic. The next morning breakfast is when it all goes wrong the food was Cold the fried eggs where rock hard yokes not nice it was the same at lunch and dinner all the hot food was COLD. We didn't get ask if we wanted drinks with our dinner apparently you have to ask them for drinks I found out later. The beer on the all inclusive is cans and stops at 10pm not 11pm as it stated when we booked. On our last night I got a call from the manager who charged me 35 euros for a broken toilet seat which was in our room, hand on heart I don't know if it was us or it was broken before hand. This did get my back up and started on about the food and service of drinks and lunch/dinner times but she said its fine and the food wasn't cold. I beg to differ. The only way I can sum our stay in this hotel is "never again"

Room Tip: Don't go.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Polish first
Buckingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My friend and I have just returned from a long weekend here and it was that disappointing, I felt I had to write a review. The location itself isn't too bad , thankfully there are plenty of restaurants and bars nearby that you can escape to if you find the food as disgusting as we did. Eating times are quite late and far apart, the food is very limited and cold. We were the first people in the restaurant at tea time and could not understand why the food had gone so cold. We ate out after that as a second attempt the next day gave the same results. The staff try there best but they do not speak great English so anything out of the ordinary needs to be googled rather than asked of. The entertainment was fine, we certainly made the most of the all inclusive bar ( closes at 10pm and the drinks were not cold) and had a good night with the singers and other guests. The rooms are basic, cold and noisy!!! You can hear everything and there is no kettle, complimentary toiletries or extra towels. I wouldn't go back ever again but if you're looking for somewhere very cheap and basic to put your head down for the night then I guess this isn't too bad, but don't eat here or expect a quiet night!!!

• Stayed April 2014
Solihull, West Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I traveled to this hotel with my mother for a week in September and overall had a lovely relaxing holiday.

We arrived around 10.30pm where we were checked in very quickly and efficiently. I had emailed the hotel prior to arriving requesting a room with a view as I did not want to look out at the dreaded white tiled wall. The Hotel came up trumps giving us a room on the third floor overlooking a small garden. We requested a balcony as I smoke and my mother does not, which we got. There are rooms overlooking the pool but they do not have balconies. As we also arrived after dinner we were told by Reception that there was food in the restaurant for us and also bottled water - I thought this was a very nice touch.

Our room was a standard twin, very clean with plenty of space and excellent air conditioning. No complaints here.

I have read on here that some people found some of the staff to be rude. We did not experience this at all and were treated very well by all staff. There is a slight language barrier with one of the bar staff but he was always very polite and worked in the day, the guy that worked on the bar in the evening was excellent and always very chatty. There is an excellent selection of drinks for an AI, canned beer, wine, spirits, cocktails, tea, coffee, water, juices, soft drinks etc...... AI ends at 10pm but the drinks are not expensive if you want to continue drinking until midnight. AI guests are given plastic cups to drink out of which was my only complaint, but I would purchase a can of coke and you would get a glass which I would use for the evening :-)

I thought the food was very good for an AI, plenty of choice. Breakfast was good and at lunch and dinner there was always fish and meat to choose from. Salad bar was lovely and fresh and always a good selection of fruit. There were complaints that breakfast finished at 10am and the bar did not open until 11am for you to have further drinks. We did not find this a problem at all we just filled our water bottles up at breakfast :-).

The pool area is small with about 15 sunbeds. The sun does not come onto the pool until about 11am and when it does it is a little suntrap. The sun is on the terrace all afternoon which is very nice.

The beach is only a 2 min walk which is a pebble beach. The sunbeds and brolly hire is expensive at 7euros each per day. We solved this problem by purchasing a lilo to use on the beach for a little extra comfort.

Overall we really enjoyed this hotel and I would return. The staff and location were excellent and for the price we paid really had a great time and met some lovely people.

Room Tip: E-mail prior to arriving if you do not want a room that looks at the tiled wall.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Núria F, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Moremar, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for the time taken to review our hotel!
It´s great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff to be helpfull and friendly.

We hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you again during your next visit to Spain,

Bath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and i chose this hotel after seeing the professional photos,unfortunately the pool and courtyard seems to be in the shade most of the day except of course at mid-day,but i will say the pool was surprisingly warm.Staff were very friendly and helpful and the hotel was decorated in a modernistic style which we found very interesting.everything was kept spotlessly clean throughout.The dining room was a great idea with partitions separating adjoining tables if you did not wish to share a table with others.Food was not up to much choice and was quite often cold which explained the reason for the microwave oven.

Room Tip: Rooms at back facing grounds of adjoining property against a wall so balcony is in the shade all the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelMoremar, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Moremar, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear guest,

Many thanks for your comments on Tripadvisor. We note your comments and we hope to welcome you back soon in the hotel.

We are terribly sorry because we've taken so long to reply.

If you want to ask us any questions or comments, please write to: comercial@hotelmoremar.com

Port Talbot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Myself and 6 friends stayed for a week end of September and conclude the below-:
Positives: Good location, only 2 mins from beach and hotel was clean. Staff were all extremely helpful and friendly and they made us feel very welcome.
Negatives: food choice was a little limited. Pool only gets sun after lunch. all inclusive finishes at 10pm, and no entertainment provided. I would stay at this hotel again as it's great value for money.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your views of our hotel!

It´s a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Just got back from staying at Hotel Moremar. Was slightly worried after i read some of the reviews on here but you get what you pay for. I paid 100 quid for a week half board and it turned out to be really good value for money.
As everyone else says on here the food isnt up to much but we mostly ate breakfast at the hotel which was the best mean of the day but i guess you cant really go wrong with boiled eggs.

It is a very clean hotel and they provide fresh towels daily. The reception staff were very friendly, cant comment on the bar staff as we never drank in the hotel bar. We stayed in block A which is apparently the best block to be in, the room we had was above reception so we had access to the wifi at all times. The only down side to being above reception was the stairs were next to our room and we heard everyone walking up and down them day and night.

The location of the hotel is a little out the way for younger people as the strip it a good 10 minute’s walk but saying that at least you dont have the noise from all the drunk party animals.

The beach is just down a little alley way , although it you are looking for a sandy beach then Lloret De Mar isnt the place to go as it is small pebbles.

I would recommend this hotel to my friends if they were looking for a cheap break. And would stay here again if i was visit Lloret de mar again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your opinion of our hotel!

It´s very good to read you enjoyed your stay at the Fergus Style Mar Mediterrania and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in the near future..

If you have more comments or suggestions, please write to: comercial@hotelmoremar.com

Kind regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed in the moremar hotel for 10 nights...the hotel is in a quite area of lorret 2 mins from lovely clean beach.. its not sand its more like very fine gravel...beautiful and clean very pretty place..the hotel is spotless and staff are very friendly....the food isn't 3 star but if your not fussy its ok....just wish ai started before 11am as breakfast finishes at 10 couldn't get a coffee till 11am , evening meal finishes at 10 pm so does ai ..shame when a coffee after meal would be nice...the pool is in the shade for most of the day , its only tiny..but ok for size of hotel..I would email ask for room at the front A block road facing, otherwise you'll be facing a brick wall.....but all in all very enjoyable holiday. I would go back.

• Stayed September 2013
Núria F, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Moremar, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion in Tripadvisor.
It´s very pleasing to read that our staff provided a great service. We will make sure to forward your nice comments as it will motivate them even more.
We are sorry that you are not really happy with the food, we take note about your comments.

If you have more questions or suggestions please contact us: comercial@hotelmoremar.com

The Management - Hotel Moremar

Been to Hotel Moremar? Share your experiences!