“Great time in Trapani” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #109 of 130 Trapani B&B and Inns
Calgary, Canada
“Great time in Trapani”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

Mercello (the manager) really was great, he got us a nice & clean apartment in the heart of Trapani and was always there when we needed him. The breakfast was so good that we never got tired of it (the people at Colonna bar are really friendly!!). I would definitely advice anyone to stay at "Al Porto Bed and Breakfast"; we had a great time in Trapani and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

I stayed at Al Porto with my family in the month of August and I can definitely say that it was an amazing accommodation. It totally surprised my expectation. The price is reasonable, the management very friendly and the room very clean. It is right in Trapani’s Historic center, few steps away from the port, from the beach, from the shop and from the night life. If you desire to visit the medieval city of Erice it is only a 10 minutes ride to the cableways. For me and my family there is not better B&B then Al Porto when it comes to Trapani. I really recommend it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

We spent a week last August. Before getting to the B&B AL Porto I was worried because we have 2 small kids and I did not want to carry kids and luggages. It turned out the the B&B was less than a minute walk from the stop of the bus that took us from the airport. Ferries for highlands were just across the street, beside there was a nice beach we could walk to. At night we had dinner in many places all located in the heart of Trapani and all located at walking distance from the B&B. Breakfast was great and had no time limits. The room was cleaned every day for the period we were there and the owner (Marcello) was always available to provide information. I would recommend the place and would certainly go back there.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

I stayed at the B&B Al Porto between august 3th to 10th I was on Vacation from Canada., I must say it was one of the best accommodations I have been to. The location is excellent. Steps away from Centro storico, port and buses stop. The customer service is very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean.
My experience with Al-Porto was perfect from our arrival to departure. I will advice to stay at this B&B to anyone who is looking to experience Trapani at its best.
Well done Marcello...keep up the good work,

• Stayed August 2010
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

Just got back from Trapani, staying in Al Porto B&B and it was ideal for what we were after. It's very simple B&B, or even more aparment, as you get room with bathroom and vouchers for local cafe to use towards breakfast.
If you are after flash hotel with swimming pool and fried brekkie - don't go, but if you there for few days to either explore Sicilly or enjoy sunshine - you've found brilliant place.
Coach from the airport takes 30 min and stops literally across the street from Al Porto, central station with all buses/train connections is 10 min away, boats to Egadi Islands 2 min walk and plenty of restaurants/bars/shops to choose from whichever way you head.
The room is very basic, but huge and got cleaned everyday, as well as towels replaced.
I loved breakfast voucher idea! We had different pastry each day to go with our coffee when sitting outdoor watching ships, but if you need big breakfast that might not be enough.
Marcello - the owner - was in touch whenever we needed him - from asking about arrival time to greeting us by apartaments with maps, to replaying all our questions and checking coaches connections for our planned tours. We lost map he gaves us and got new copy straight away! Simple things, but he was always happy to help.
If I ever go back to Trapani, would not hesitate to give him buzz and stay in Al Porto again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
malta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

Stayed for 3 nights at al Porto B&B in September. This B&B is in a very central location just in front of where the ferries and buses leave (including the airport one).
Marcello the owner is a very helpful and friendly guy.
Breakfast is at a nearby bar where one can spend 5 euros per day which was sufficient.
The room even though not luxurious was with all the facilities that one needs: TV, fridge, a/c, private bath and balcony. The rooms are on the 2nd floor (no lift).
Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
PWarsaw
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2008

I booked a room in B&B Al Porto,wrote the time of my arrival, asked the owner also several questions and he responded me. Nice. When I arrived no one was there. Ok. It's one hour too early I thought. After one hour - still the same. I reached the door of the flat (maybe entry phone was out of order I thought...), Someone was there!!! Talked with me very poor english for a while and didn't want to open the door!!!! I had to find another place to stay, very expensive! Don't trust the owner!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Al Porto Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!