“BEST HOTEL AND GOOD LOCATION” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Changsha Hotel

You added Sheraton Changsha Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Changsha Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.478 Furong Middle Road, Section 1, Yunda International Plaza, Kaifu District, Changsha 410005, China   |
Ranked #3 of 1,288 Hotels in Changsha
4.5 of 5 stars 945 Reviews
“BEST HOTEL AND GOOD LOCATION”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

LOCATION WAS GREAT, AND U can step into another shopping mall nearby.
The room I have was not bad view and area. Breakfast was good. Concierge just stand there and did nothing with my suitcase.

the room service was great and fast.

Room Tip: ask for a higher room face the Furong road.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Sunnie_Ding, Manager at Sheraton Changsha Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Reviewer Lydia0001225,
Many thanks for choosing Sheraton Changsha Hotel and feedback on tripadvisor.com.We really appreciate that you took time to write this review and got your positive comments.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay here with our good location, wonderful breakfast and fast room service. As for the concierge you mentioned, we really cared about it and will improve our service make it better and better.

Thank you again and we look forward to meeting you again in your next trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Palos Verdes Estates, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My Chinese wife and I traveled to Changsha to visit her very ill father. Changsha is NOT Shanghai, Xian or Beijing. There really is very little to appeal to the western (or Chinese) tourist. Though we have traveled extensively in China, this trip I wanted Western. The Sheraton did not disappoint. Though just a bit overpriced for this second tier city of 7 million (there's something to contemplate), the rooms were large, the modern, western, décor VERY well done (in my humble opinion). The location very central in the CBD with a high end shopping mall connected to the hotel. While there are very good local restaurants, we dined several times in the hotel's Hunan cuisine restaurant. We enjoyed every meal. My wife, who was born in Changsha and grew up there before moving to Beijing, testified to the authenticity of the meals. Very good food. Service was top notch, friendly and involved. We enjoyed all our dinners here. Breakfast buffet was good and varied with a mix of local and western dishes. Do skip the omelets and try the noodles if you would like to step out a bit. Only two quibbles if you are a Westerner. Reception and the concierge were mostly OK with my English, most of the time. When they were not, they went and got someone who was or I asked my Chinese speaking wife to assist.. Service was really attentive throughout except in the lounge area where, surprisingly, everything was VERY expensive and VERY slow and VERY inattentive. Go figure. The only blemish on an otherwise very good experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sunnie_Ding, Manager at Sheraton Changsha Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear reviewer noclvrname,
We are delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your positive comments to our service, location, guest room and restaurants. And thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again.
Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Hotel was beyond my expectation. The Location was very convenient which enables you having access to international fast food restaurants like McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut and there was one Carrefour Shopping center nearby. The hotel is connected to another high class shopping mall.
The room was big enough and comfortable. During my stay I felt a little cold. Asking the front desk for a solution, they sent me a mobile heating radiator immediately. (The A/C could just work on cool or warm mode by their central A/C center and you can not choose warm mode when the center changed to the cool mode). I visited many attractions and shopping centers on foot which were not very far. Just the problem I can mention was taking taxi there which would take much time even in normal time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Sunnie_Ding, Manager at Sheraton Changsha Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear reviewer citoyen-du-universe,

Many thanks for your feedback on tripadvisor.com.We really appreciate that you took time to write this review after one month.We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay here with our comfortable room and convenient traffic. The shopping mall which connected to hotel is Maison Mode, it is a high class shopping mall in Changsha where you can buy various international brands. The service we provide for guests is warm and professional, if there is anything we can do for you during your stay, please just contact us. We will be pleasant to catch a taxi for you next time.
We look forward to welcome you back again in your next trip in Changsha! Best wishes.
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The Sheraton Changsha is one of the few international hotel chains with a presence in Changsha. Overall, I had a pleasant stay.

PROS:
1) LOCATION: the Sheraton Changsha is located in Yunda International Plaza. The hotel lobby is connected to a high-end mall (Maison Maison); the mall does not seem to have restaurants or other stores (e.g., convenience stores) apart from luxury brand shops. If you step out of the hotel main entrance, then make a left right after you exit the hotel doors, then walk straight to the main street in front of the hotel, and then make a right turn and keep walking down the street away from the hotel, you will find some places to eat, including several chain restaurants (e.g., Dairy Queen, Kungfu - Zhen Gong Fu, Pizza Hut, KFC). There is also a Carrefour as well along this road. The aforementioned restaurants and the Carrefour are about a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel.

2) BREAKFAST BUFFET: the breakfast buffet that came with my room was excellent, with Chinese and Western selections abound. Items included fried rice, fried noodles, congee and condiments, millet porridge, fried dumplings, Chinese youtiao (fried dough sticks), salads, fresh fruits, noodles bar, assortment of different yogurts, assortment of different Western pastries, Chinese-style steamed pastries and buns, juices, assortment of teas and coffees, French toast, omelette station, fried eggs (over hard and sunny-side up), bacon (the bacon was very good - not that fatty), two types of sausage, fried potato balls, a type of sushi roll, etc. One of the better breakfast buffets I've had in mainland China.

3) ROOM: the room was very spacious. I liked the large windows and the very large window sills (large enough to put your luggage on or to sit on while you look outside). The flat-panel TV had many channel selections available. In addition to the typical toiletries (e.g., toothbrush+toothpaste, soaps, etc.), mouthwash was also provided, which was a nice touch. The bacon cheeseburger ordered via room service was incidentally one of the best burgers I've had in mainland China (the well-seasoned, thick beef patty, toasted bun, crispy fries, and thick pickle slices were especially good).

4) SERVICE: service was efficient and good. Taxis can be hard to flag in Changsha, but you can tell the front desk to help get a taxi for you. That was very helpful.

CONS (minor):
1) NOISE: During my stay, in the morning (probably around 9 to 10am or so) there was what sounded like hammering/banging above my room (possibly renovation work?). I am not sure what the source of the sound was.

2) LOBBY: While the lobby is clean and inviting, it would have been nice if there were places for guests to just sit and relax apart from the computer area and the lobby bar/cafe.

Again, these "cons" are quite minor, and overall, this is a very good hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer BachIsGreat,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience with us on TripAdvisor, we are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful and pleasant stay at Sheraton Changsha Hotel. Your positive comments are really comprehensive and useful to us which related our location, environment, breakfast, guest room and service. As for the noise above your room, I want to apologize for that because we were maintaining our guest rooms at that time. And thanks for your kind suggestion about the rest area in our lobby, we will consider your advice carefully and make it better and better.

Do come back soon again and let me know if I may be of any assistance to arrange reservations at Sheraton Changsha Hotel.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

We moved from another hotel to the Sheraton Changsha and what a terrific surprise it was. Top notch front desk service, the housekeeping noticed my dirty clothes, took it upon herself to wash them in the sink and hang them to dry in the window so I wouldn't have to have it sent out! Then she wrote me a note telling me and hoping that she didn't mind her doing so...what a change of pace. Rather restaurant (at least he breakfast) was excellent with western and eastern choices and the lobby was spacious, comfortable sand had an excellent little bar/cafe.
Do not stay anywhere else in Changsha! There may be some less expensive alternatives but this was one of the best hotel experiences I had on my recent trip.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sunnie_Ding, Manager at Sheraton Changsha Hotel, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear Reviewer Stephen L,
Thank you for choosing Sheraton Changsha hotel and taking time to share with us your comments. It is our great honor to provide you a comfortable stay with our professional service. We are so glad to know that you like our personalized housekeeping service and buffet breakfast which really encouraged us very much.
Thank you again and we look forward to meeting you again in your next trip.
Turin, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Changsha is a place known for a lot of cultural and nature things, but not so happy for accomodation in western style. Than the Sheraton is a mandatory choice but is a good one. The room are nice and all the facilities for gym, food and relax are quite good and well maintained. Sometimes you suffer the strange english language knowledge of the service people (when is not known at all...) and last but not least the scarce knowledge of the hotel rules or additional services. But at the end you can experience a very nice stay with fair good western level service.

• Stayed July 2012
Sunnie_Ding, Manager at Sheraton Changsha Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Reviewer Urraco64,

Many thanks for choosing Sheraton Changsha Hotel and taking time to write comments here. I gald to see that you like Changsha city which is well known as an ancient city with rich culture. For Sheraton Changsha Hotel, it isn't a mandatory choice for you because it also enjoyed great popularity in China. We opend for 6 years but with well maintained facilities, very gald to know you like them. Thanks for your comments again and your kind suggestions about our service which would make us better and better.Look forward to your next visit with a pleasant staying experience with our warm service as always.
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Spent one night in early April at the Sheraton Changsha, was everything I expected to be. As a platinum member was kindly upgraded to a suite, that was spacious and well fitted out and had all I needed. The buffet breakfast was good, with lots of variety and a good choice of both Westen and Chinese selections. Service was excellent and at all time the staff were friendly and helpful. My only complaint, was that I found it a challenge to turn off all the lights.. seemed to be many switches in strange places, but I am increasingly finding this in other hotels as the technology gets further advanced, perhaps I am not tech savvy enough. I would definately stay there on my next trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear reviewer ShanghaiPandas,

Many thanks for taking the time to write comments and share with your experience in Sheraton Changsha Hotel. And very honorable that we meet your expectation of quality standard as a Sheraton Hotel. We aim to provide all the guests warm and professional service and it seems did work. Thank you for your prise to our staff which really encouraged to all of us. As you mentioned the lights issue, if you have any question during your stay, just feel free to contact us or dail 0 to contact guest service center. We will try our best and show our hospitality.

Your comments is very important to make us better and better. Hope to see you soon in your next trip.

Been to Sheraton Changsha Hotel? Share your experiences!