“Wonderful kiteboarding school” 5 of 5 stars

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Wonderful kiteboarding school”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was beyond pleased with my experience learning to kiteboard at Kitty Hawk Kiteboarding School. As a complete beginner to kiting, I had no idea what to expect, and didn't even know how to fly a kite. My instructor, Brian, is very experienced in the sport, and was able to break down both theory and skills for easy learning. The "Leaning to Ride" course was supposed to be a 5 hour course, but because there was little wind, my classmate and I spent a part of the afternoon waiting for wind. We were still able to practice flying a trainer kite, and then the instructor took us out in the water to practice flying a bigger kite when the wind picked up enough. Our class ended up lasting a lot longer than the 5 hours scheduled, and the school set us up to return for another part of a day to do the additional water class work. We were able to return a couple of days later and get our water time with the same instructor who was incredibly patient and gracious with his time. They definitely focused on teaching us the sport rather than clocking in and out of the "classroom". The school is part of a larger complex with a restaurant, where you could sit on the patio and watch all the skillful kiters cruise around while the sun went down. It's a great place to spend time watching some amazing tricks and dreaming of your next session.

Visited October 2012

Park City, Utah
16 attraction reviews
“Great Launch Site”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I've been to many places for kiteboarding. This place has its act together. Well organized. Safe. Friendly staff & fellow kiters. A shop & restaurant too. I would return here again & again.

Visited November 2011