“"Enough for 2 people"” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 restaurants in Rodanthe
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Continental
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Good Winds Seafood & Wine Bar is known as The Hatteras Dining Experience. Each table has a view of the water. The cuisine is superb--with Chef Joel creating new menus seasonally. Food served here is local and fresh. We have the largest beer and wine selection on Hatteras Island. Reservations for large parties are recommended. Live music weekly, daily specials, and open more days than any restaurant on Hatteras Island!
Monterey Park, California
“"Enough for 2 people"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had the seafood platter, and it was the largest amount of seafood I have ever seen......that it was enough for 2 people. On a bed of french fries, there were 4 huge scallops, 4 huge shrimp, 4 hush puppies, and a huge piece of fish. I couldn't finish it all. The service was not that great....I had to pull a waiter aside, and he couldn't take my order because my table was supposed to be handled by someone else. He did get my waitress, but it still took her a while. I shouldn't complain though, because the maitre'd actually came by and asked if everything was alright. The restaurant is right above the water, so you can see people windsurfing. Great ambience, and great food.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Scottdale, Pennsylvania
“Great food, cool view, family friendly late lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My family and I ate here. Though my burger was not the best I ever had, it was far from the worst. My dad got a fish sandwich that was good, wife had the blt, and enjoyed it, and my mother, the pickiest eater of us all enjoyed her chicken sandwich. The fries were nothing fancy, but they were loved by everyone of us. Good seasoning, I think. Any ways, it was reasonably priced and good to eat, so four stars...not the best thing I ever tasted, but certainly good enough.

• Visited July 2013
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
“Great food!!! Thank you!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Loved the food here! Pleasantly surprised and wonderfully good! Crab cakes were awesome!! We will be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas, Nevada
“A Fun Lunch On The OBX”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The stop was pure impulse without any first hand knowledge except that we were hungry and the building looked clean and was on the correct side of the road!
So glad we stopped. Seafood salads were ordered by the ladies while I optioned for the unknown (to me) and ordered the Voo Doo Clams. If you like a hint of spice without being overpowering and want to try something different you can't go wrong with this dish. The clams were perfectly apportioned with Andouille sausage in a red sauce that had a wonderful hint of basil. Great beer offerings to accompany it along with tasty dipping bread. Pleasant and efficient service with a killer view. What's not to like?

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tampa, Florida
“Great vibe, great drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Cool place. Put it on your list when visiting Cape Hatteras. We had a great lunch while watching the kite boarders in the bay. Good service, good food, good drink selection. Don't miss this.