“Not for those looking for nature or real camping” 2 of 5 stars
Review of North Beach Campground

North Beach Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rodanthe
North Beach Campground
You added North Beach Campground to your Saves list
23781 NC Highway 12, Rodanthe, NC 27968   |
Baltimore, Maryland
“Not for those looking for nature or real camping”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

I had never traveled to this area before and could find very little in the way of reviews or photos of North Beach Campground. I had hoped for much, much better when booking a spot for my tent at this location but was sadly disappointed as soon as I pulled in.

The Cons:
This was more of a trailer park/mobile home graveyard than a campground. I believe that this place is a residence for most (i.e. trailer park) and the mobile homes were pretty much dilapidated to say the least.

When tent camping you are literally camping in a gas station parking lot with a smelly dumpster 50 yards away with absolutely no shade, with the exception of one of the four tent sites having a small tree. I barely slept due to the extremely bright lights from the gas station/campmart and the road noise. Highway 12 is only about 75 yards from the tent area.

The Pros:
The Beach is a quick walk through the trailer park, the bathroom & showers were relatively clean, and you have a store on site with basically anything you could need while camping...plus the staff were very nice.

All in all not an experience I wish to repeat again. If you are looking for real camping with nature then go to another Island like my heart kept telling me to do as I drove through. I would have given anything for a review of this place to have steered me in the right direction being that I had never traveled to the Outer Banks before. Now I know the difference in the areas of the Outer Banks and will choose more wisely next time.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

I was very disappointed by the owner Not the staff They were very rude and not very welcoming at all. Two of our guest were hurt the property and it wasnt even acknowledged NEVER STAY THERE !!!!!BEWARE!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011
Binghamton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

My family and I with my sisters and there family's came down from n,,y and stayed at this campground and it was the very best I have ever stayed in as-well as the convenience OF THE store onsite and the showers aswell as the pool and a very short walk to the beach,,,and the prices was awesome. I would recommended anyone that likes the beach as-well as tenting should go here because its a family oriented park and a star rating...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Abingdon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

Small, quite and peaceful. Camp store, shower house, miniature swimming pool and ocean front camp spots......what more could you ask for? Biggest shopping center for 20 minutes either way is the gas station. Not the place to go if you're looking for luxury or superficial entertainment. If you like roughing it and enjoy nature, you'll LOVE this place. AWESOME

Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends

Been to North Beach Campground? Share your experiences!