“Food was ok, but...” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Milpitas, California
“Food was ok, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was traveling with my family to Wilmington from California. We stopped into Hardee's off Hwy 117 for some quick lunch and ordered our food and sat down. I noticed the staff staring at us. I am white, and my wife is Filipino. I noticed it right away that we were drawing attention, but I wrote it off as maybe they don't get a lot of Asians in North Carolina. What bothered me though was my kids started feeling uncomfortable about it. They felt like they were doing something wrong and felt really uncomfortable about it. The staff just sat in the background and stared at us. When the food came out it was fine, but wanted to bring this to the attention of Mgmt. I know if I felt it, some others must too. I'm sure it was just a harmless thing that didn't mean anything, and maybe a mixed couple is something they just didn't see everyday in those parts. We seemed to grab the staff's attention for some reason. I'm not saying anything was blatant racism, but it just made us feel weird and uncomfortable in the restaurant.

• Visited July 2013