“Average at best” 2 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Rocky Mount
“Average at best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

we had a coupon--they put us in a room without towels, the lights next to the bed did not work, and the room was musty. Obviously a room that was not used too often. We were switched to another room but this was not a good experience

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Miami Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

What seems to be a good value is just average and needs a general upgrade; both in the rooms and breakfast area. Nothing here is outstanding or worthy of praise from the front lobby to the rooms. An example is the TV wand which looked like a toy.

Room Tip: All about the same
East Brunswick, New Jersey, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Nice clean hotel Bruce the night front desk was really pleasent and easy access off 95 would stay here again while traveling , continental breakfast was good and convinient. Hotel was full but we had reservations and glad we did as lobby was full when we arrived late that night, held our rooms for us

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Very convenient location. Right off I95. Has a "Denny's on one side of it, and a "Hardees" on the other side. 'Exxon' Gas and mini mart next to the "Hardees."
Brenda was working when we checked in. Very friendly, very pleasant and professional. Made me feel like I was very important. Check-in was fast.
The room was clean. The bathroom clean and everything worked perfect.
I had requested a refrigerator for my insulin when I made the reservation, and they provided one (which was already in there upon arrival).
I was with my 2 grandsons and both enjoyed the experience (adventure for them).
One slept soundly all night, and the other, like myself, couldn't fall asleep and we both kept waking up through the night. I'm not sure if it was because of the very soft mattress. I have a firm mattress at home.
It was very quiet all night (a big plus).
I saw a lot of dog owners walking their dogs, which surprised me. I didn't know Best Westerns allowed pets in rooms ( a big minus).
Breakfast was average motel fare: cereal, donuts, bagels, prepared egg sandwiches, etc.
Check-out in the morning was again fast, friendly and a very pleasant experience.
I've tried many motels between Emporia, VA and here, because I travel this route often back and forth from Philly to my daughter's in NC.
This has been the best one for the money, so far, but probably won't come back because of the dogs.

Candor, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My family stayed here on our way to South Carolina. After 10 hours of driving, the family was very excited to see the Denny's right next door. The rooms were clean, beds comfortable, breakfast good. We will definitely stop here again.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We have stayed at the Dunes since it was an 6 to 8 story hotel. It was closed for awhile for the construction of the now Resort Hotel. At that time we stayed at the Best Western. Once it was completed we went back to the Dunes couldn't ask for better place to stay while in Myrtle Beach SC

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Good beds, nice mattress and pillows, fine breakfast, and clean room especially the bathroom. We arrived after 11pm and the clerk was pleasant and fast. The hotel was quite crowded, but not noisy. We slept fine. We've stayed there before, so we knew it was a convenient location that would serve our basic needs for the night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn I-95/Goldrock? Share your experiences!