“GREAT EXPERIENCE!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rocky Mount

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rocky Mount to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rocky Mount
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   651 N. Winstead Ave, US 64 & I95, Rocky Mount, NC 27804   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Rocky Mount
United States
“GREAT EXPERIENCE!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

We had a very large group of young boys & their parents for the Border Wars baseball tournament, and the staff was super friendly & very accommodating! Our room was great, and the kids all had a blast in the outside pool! We plan to be back next year!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Kevin F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rocky Mount, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Lori,

Thank you for choosing our facility to accommodate you and your family for the Border Wars Tournament. I am glad that you all were able to take advantage of our outside heated pool. We look forward to you all staying with us again next year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We were in Rocky Mount for a youth baseball tournament. Kids and families were everywhere in the hotel. The pool was jam packed. Despite that, we never noticed any noise in the hallways or through the windows even when a large wiffleball game was being held right under our window. I had no idea kids were there screaming and hollering until I went outside to get something out of the car.

The pool area was difficult to control. Parents were drinking, smoking and generally treating this as some sort of tailgate party. Trash was everywhere but the Doubletree staff took it all in stride, emptying trash cans and even taking pictures for their Facebook page while politely asking one slightly inebriated parent to put her cigarette out.

The room was comfortable and large. The heating system was responsive and quiet. The only complaints I can think of are that the shower head is too low, even for someone under six feet and there is no in-room safe. Be EXTRA careful if you try to get water directly from the bathroom sink when rinsing toothpaste. The water handles point in towards the sink when off so you can hit your forehead if you bend over to get water directly from the faucet. Otherwise, the bathroom itself is small but it had good water pressure and the tub drained well.

The hotel also had a wedding reception going on and operates a Texas Steakhouse (I think that's the name) all while dealing with this baseball invasion. The staff all took it in stride and provided a good atmosphere. Well done, Doubletree.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Kevin F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rocky Mount, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Grhokie,

Thank you for staying with us this weekend. We make it a priority to make sure that each of our guests have an EXCELLENT stay whether they are a transient traveler or traveling with as a group. Thank you for noticing how hard the staff was working to make sure the hotel stayed well taken care of. We try to make sure to take pictures when having a big event to put on our Gateway Convention Centre facebook page. I apologize that the showerhead was too low for your liking. Thank you for all your positive remarks regarding the staff. It is our pleasure to host any event. We look forward to seeing you during your next stay.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Cookies are amazing and service is good. Staff always acknowledge me when I am there. Good acess to restraurant and lounge/bar. I think 200 characters for this review is too many. I am sorry but I don't have time to count the characters.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

DebbiesY3337QM,

It is always a pleasure to see familiar faces. We appreciate you coming back to our property. The few characters you wrote were plenty. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Rocky Mount, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

The hotel was very nice but encountered problems getting back in my room as door code wasn't entered properly on my key card. The hotel was advertised as smoke free but there was a strong odor of pot smoke when walking in the hallways. I made a point of bringing it to the attention of the staff but they didn't seem to care. I paid additional money for a good environment so I was a bit disappointed. Overall it is a beautiful hotel but the additional money I paid didn't get me any more security.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Kevin F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rocky Mount, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Cynthia,

Thank you for the positive remarks about our hotel. Our entire facility is entirely smoke-free. Unfortunately, we do have some guest that do not follow policy. I apologize that you were subjected to the odor and that we were not able to rectify the situation for you. We will continue to do our best to ensure that our facility stays smoke-free. I hope that you will continue to stay with us.
Wake Forest, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

We celebrated a 90th birthday at the hotel last weekend. We were completely pleased with our room, the banquet room, the service, and the hotel staff. The front desk was very pleasant upon check in and made our very large family feel welcome and special. All the staff was friendly and helpful. I noticed a spill in the elevator on the way up to my room. I was so pleased to see it was cleaned less than 10 minutes later when i went back down in the elevator.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Kevin F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rocky Mount, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Kokopelligirl,

Thank you for allowing us to host your special event. Your positive reviews about the hotel and the staff is appreciated. we pride ourselves in making sure every guest is happy during their stay. We do try to reduce and reuse if possible so we appreciate you contributing to the cause. We look forward to you staying with us in the future.
Burke, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

This is a nice hotel conveniently located. The outside is clean and very well maintained. The lobby and halways are clean as well. We were warmly greeted and check in was smooth. The front desk staff were great. We had junior suite and it was roomy for the most part. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The air conditioning/heating unit was operated by a thermostat on the wall and was probably the quietest I have experienced in a long time. I want to mention the one thing that I thought was a problem with the room. The Bathroom. It was very small. This would be true for any room nevermind a suite. The door barely cleared the comode, and the shower head was so low I almost had to get on my knees to get my head wet and I am well under 6' tall. We liked the fact that there was a lounge and restaurant located on site. I really do not care that they did not offer a free breakfast as most free breakfast's, are not that great. I will review the restaurant seperately. Even with the small bathroom, we would stay here again.

Green Features: There is a card that says they will change the sheets every 3rd day. No problem with this. The card also says that if you want to re-use your towels just hang them up. We hung up towels and of course, they replaced them. When staying for two nights I do not have a problem with reusing the towels.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Neal4212,

Thank you for the positive review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize that the bathroom was not to your liking. I am happy that you found our restaurnat and lounge convenient for your stay. We look forward to your future stays with our hotel.
FREDERICK, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Great hotel, front desk and entire staff friendly, helpful and just plain wonderful. the rooms are clean and comfortable. Restaurant in the hotel is great. Very convienient to 95 and to a number of resaurants.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

James,

Thank you for your positive review. I am glad that you were able to find everything you needed within our hotel. We look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rocky Mount? Share your experiences!