“The Word is Out!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 21 hotels in Rocky Mount
Dresher, Pennsylvania
“The Word is Out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The word has spread that Jim White and his staff are well known for helpfulness to guests. Many of my business colleagues have passed the word along that this is the place to stay.
My stay in February was not my first, so his awesome service over many different reservations is consistent. On an especially cold night, I was most appreciative that I was upgraded to a room with a fireplace.
Jim White and his staff are extremely courteous, helpful, upbeat and pleasant. Pass it on!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
jamesmichaelwhite, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Rocky Mount, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you so much for all your kind and positive comments about our staff and me, we strive so hard to make sure each and every guest need is met and to ensure a memorable stay.
We truly appreciate you and your colleagues chosing our hotel to stay while in our area, also we thank you for your loyalty to our Marriott family. Please keep passing it on!

223 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Carlisle, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Rocky Mount is a place most of us visit because it is along I-95, going north or south. I do not usually review chain hotels but this Residence Inn deserves mention because of the very charming and helpful staff, something we have experienced now over the course of five trips up and down I-95. It has the feel of a family run hotel and after hours on the highway, the greetings of their staff are a wonderful welcome. The hotel is clean with the amenities you'd expect from a Residence Inn. It is pet friendly and close to restaurants and other services.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your positive review, we strive to make all our guest feel as if they are coming to their second home.
We also thank you for being faithful to us over the years and for your loyalty to our Marriott family, also we look forward to your many returns.
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have stayed at the Rocky Mount, NC Residence Inn for nearly 7 months because I was consulting in the area. The staff (especially James White and Kim Birth) are the most wonderful and accomodating group of people you can imagine. They did everything they could to make my stay as pleasant as possible and treated me like family making me feel as though I were in my second home. They even made sure I had the same room every time I came back from my every other weekend trip home. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
jamesmichaelwhite, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Rocky Mount, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
It has been our pleasure to have had you with us over the last 7 months, our entire staff especially Kim and I will truly miss having you here. We are very pleased to know that your stay here was very pleasant and we reached our goal of making you feel as if you were at your second home among your second family.
Please stop by and say "HI" whenever you are in our area, thank you for staying with us and for your loyalty to our Marriott family.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed at the Rocky Mount Residence Inn for about 6 months and the services rendered by the employees are commendable. I've noticed that everyone of them recognizes all clients by name and they are very courteous, friendly and commendable.

Most of all I would like to give excellent recommendations for your Manager, James White. I am very impressed on his Public Relations, pleasing personality, friendliness and most of all he takes care of everyone and always has a smile for us.. You have a very good employee/manager in your premises. He deserves an award and I will surely recommend clients because of him.

Also, I would like to give credit to Tyler, a young , very polite and accomodating young guy. He also deserve kudos for his services.

Thank you for the impressive and worthwhile stay at this Rocky Mount Residence Inn. And because of this impressive experience, I will make Residence Inn- Marriott my first preference for a hotel stay.

Room Tip: Just ask for James and he will take care of you! He caters to the client's preference.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
jamesmichaelwhite, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Rocky Mount, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to write such an "AWESOME" review, we truly appreciate all the wonderful things you had to say about us. I honestly feel we were the lucky ones to have had the pleasure of having you as one of our Elite Guest. I can truly say many Sunday evenings you brighten up my night when you can through those doors.
We here at the Residence Inn Rocky Mount sincerely hope we will have the pleasure of your presence again.
I will make sure Tyler knows what you had to say about him.
Thank you for staying with us and for your loyalty to our Marriott family.
East Coast Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here for one night as we were travelling north. We have stayed at Residence Inn's previously but this time we asked for a 2 bedroom suite. The lay out was really great with 2 separate bedrooms and 2 bathrooms as well as a common living area and kitchen. The beds were very comfortable and breakfast was hot and tasted great. The property is close to a highway and you can hear some highway noise, but the bed was so comfortable we slept through it! The check in was quick and all staff we encountered were very friendly. The only thing I would suggest is that the living area furniture in the room should be refreshed. In particular the chair and ottoman were definitely showing signs of wear and need to be replaced, however, very comfortable to sit in. The "old" chair became my go to seat in the room! Small details though. All in all a great stop at the end of a long day. If we are travelling in this area again, we would definitely return here.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
jamesmichaelwhite, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Rocky Mount, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review, we are very glad we had a room that was suitable for your needs. As for our chairs and ottomans we are in the process of having them replaced, this should be completed by the end of this month. We are also pleased you found our beds comfortable for a great night sleep.
We are looking forward to your many returns, thank you for staying with us and for your loyalty to our Marriott family.
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here during our move to the Rocky Mount area. The staff, especially James White, made us (my husband, children and DOG!) feel like family!! It made our move relaxing. We enjoyed roasting smores on the fire pit and especially swimming in their HEATED pool in December while listening to Christmas music! The breakfast was wonderful and they never ran out of anything.They also have managers receptions with complementary dinners. Some of the furniture in the living area of our suite was a little worn (they will be replacing in 2013) but the room was VERY clean, especially the bathrooms. I am picky about baseboards, corners, tubs etc...and I didn't see one thing housekeeping missed. One of the cleanest rooms I've ever stayed in. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone!!

Room Tip: They have gas fireplaces in rooms, ask for one.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
jamesmichaelwhite, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Rocky Mount, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for your awesome review, we here at the Residence Inn Rocky Mount consider all guest who come through our doors as family. I am just glad your family could feel this coming from our family, its was truly our pleasure to have you with us, feel free to stop by and say hello anytime.
Thank you for staying with us and for your loyalty to our Marriott family.
Howell, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We only stayed for one night, but would stay there for a week if we needed to. Our 3 1/2 yr old daughter is a picky eater and she was able to find something to eat at the free breakfast offered. Free decent hot breakfast, clean room, full kitchen, no complaints!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review, we are so glad your daughter enjoyed our breakfast and everything else was suitable for your travel needs.

Been to Residence Inn Rocky Mount? Share your experiences!