“Nice but not fancy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Rocky Mount - Golden East

You added Days Inn Rocky Mount - Golden East to your Saves list
Days Inn Rocky Mount - Golden East
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1340 N. Wesleyan Blvd., US-301 Bypass & I-95 Exit 138, Rocky Mount, NC 27804   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Rocky Mount

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Milford, CT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We've stayed at Days Inns many times and never was I put off by as much as I was by this particular hotel. As soon as we pulled in, there was a cardboard sign with a posted rate in the parking lot. That struck me as odd. It was an all-brick building that seemed dark and 'institutional' - not welcoming at all. We went thru the front door and immediately there was a 'cage' for the night staff. This was also not welcoming. The lobby consisted of a couple of chairs and a computer with an 'out of service' sign on it. Even the men's room had an 'out of order' sign on it. We wanted a king bed but was told we couldn't have it for the coupon rate (which was same as the cardboard sign) so we settled for a queen bed.
When we got to our room, the bible was open on the table and the toilet seat was up. This made me wonder if someone was using the room, or if this was just the way the staff prepared the room. Since the room was clean and comfy and we were very tired we decided to stay the night. The next morning we went to the breakfast room and the hostess actually stopped us and asked for our room number.
I honestly don't know what to make of this hotel. The staff seemed very nice, and the room was old but fine. Would I go back or recommend this hotel...definetly not. Days Inn needs to give this place a serious makeover, especially when the Quality Inn down the road looks light, bright and welcoming for the same price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
DI1340, General Manager at Days Inn Rocky Mount - Golden East, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
As a top Tripadvisor contributor we value your comment and suggestions. We are glad u liked comfortable bed clean room and our guest service. We are completing our lobby renovation, o and out of order signs were put in for our guest safety. Thank you.
Dedham, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My sister and I stayed here. We drove all the way from Pennsylvania and when we checked in the manager, or one of the staff said he would give a AAA discount, come to find out later he did not honor that. We also needed to stay an extra day and when we re-checked in he said "Do you want a discount"? My sister and I were both tired from travelling and I said "sure that would be great"! He never gave us a discount and totally confused us about the bill. We were so tired we just said fine and went to our room to sleep. The room was outdated and the shower curtain smelled moldy. They only allowed 2 small cups of coffee in the room for 2 people. If you wanted another you had to run downstairs to the lobby everytime. The staff was not too friendly. The pillows were yellow and stained. They didn't change beds everyday like they were supposed to, (because we left our bedding a certain way), and when we returned it was the same, they just fluffed up the pillows! When we were leaving my sister killed 2 COCKROACHES! Next room was playing loud music in the morning. Oh and we asked for box of tissues from the staff which was a lady(not too friendly), and she said the housekeeper would bring them right up. Never saw those box of tissues.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
DI1340, General Manager at Days Inn Rocky Mount - Golden East, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
We value your suggestions and concerns at Days Inn and Suites Rocky Mount. I do apologize if any one of our team members were less than your expectation. As for your AAA rate, you were checked in under different rate which was lower than AAA rate of the day. Orkin has been informed and updated on your concern. They have come out and treated entire floor as a precaution. Once Again I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We hope you would give us another chance to provide you a better experience with us..
Dedham, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My sister and I stayed here for 2 nights and was told my AAA card would be honored but when we looked at our bill it was not! We needed to stay an extra day and the man at the desk said "how would you like a deal"? My sister and I said sure. He charged us the same price if not more! We where tired and hungry from traveling and just wanted to go to sleep. But the morning we were leaving my sister saw 2 cockroaches and had to kill them! UGHHHHH! Also, the pillows were all yellowed and stained! The staff was not that friendly. They only gave you enough coffee for 2 people in one day. If you wanted more you had to run downstairs everytime.
Room needs updating. Also, bedding is supposed to be cleaned daily and was not because my sister and I both left our sheets and blankets a specific way and when we returned to our room they had not been touched!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

I was looking for lodging for my crew members in Rocky mount area, I found days inn to be affordable and friendly. Rooms were not Hilton but kept clean. I liked hot waffle in the breakfast. Location was just right.

• Stayed September 2012
We appreciate your kind words and business. It was our pleasure to provide your associates good rates. We look forward to have you and your associates as our guest again.
Ocoee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I was searching for a one night stay on my trip up from Orlando, Florida to Staten Island, New York. As many of you do, you look in North Carolina as the mid-point. Since I was traveling north, I set my travel time on the first day to 10 hours. That put me in the Rocky Mount area. I selected this motel strickly based on the price, and it was a name brand hotel chain. 60 bucks was the cheapest in the area. It is 10-12 minutes off I-95. If that's an issue, you can select more expensive ones right off the exits. They offer parking in front of your room which is great if you have toddlers. The room was clean, the lock on the door worked, the TV worked, AC worked, the toilet flushed, the shower worked...what more can you ask for. They even had a mini fridge and mircowave. I had a mid-week check-in, and it appears that this is a popular place for out of town contractors during the week. Not a big deal, but it might be intimidating for a female traveling alone. I'm a big guy, and had no worries walking around the property.

The only bad that I can see is the wi-fi. On my way back down to Florida, I will need a stable internet connection for a project I'm working on. I'm not too confident that I can choose this motel on the way back. My signal strength is pretty low, and have been dropped twice while writing this. I absolutly cannot be disconnected on my way back. I may have to seach for a place with a dedicated ethernet connection in the room. It'll cost me more, but is needed. Having said that, I will consider this motel as a stop-over on my way to the Outerbanks for Thanksgiving with my family. I'll leave the day before my check-in, and only have a 3 hour ride the next day. They accept pets, and I will be traveling with my dog for thanksgiving. Stay tuned...lol.

Room Tip: if you need internet, request a room near the main office. Mine was in the back corner, and I had o...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
We thank you for taking time out to let us know what we did right. We apologize for internet connection that did not work for you. We have taken your concern to our tech support and are working to solve that problem. We would love to have you again as our guest
Jamesville, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We have stayed here twice. Two years ago it was horrible as we stayed in the back and it was kind of nasty and loud. This year we were on the opposite side from the pool. I had requested poolside, but the dates were wrong on the internet reservation, so unsure how that happened. The room was much better and overall it was a more pleasant experience. The pool gets overrun and people can be rude at this hotel's pool for some reason. I can't say we have had that anywhere else. I also do not know about other hotels in the area as we go there to pick up my step-daughter and return to NY.

Room Tip: My advice would be, stay in the main building, ground level and you will be fine. If you stay out ba...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Rocky Mount - Golden East? Share your experiences!