“Wonderfully delicious!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Plattsburgh, New York, USA
“Wonderfully delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

While visiting my sister in Rocky Mount, we went here for the BBQ. I had ribs, which were tender and delicious, along with sides of mac & cheese and the string beans. Everything was outstanding! My mouth was watering for BBQ and I was not disappointed. Our friend had the brisket and said it was melt-in-mouth tender.

Rocky Mount
“Very Enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

My parents had read an article in the local paper when the resturant first opened. We arrived about 4:30pm and it was not very busy. They have live music on the weekends and will charge a cover charge. No band was playing when we went, so I can't comment on that. Our server was VERY friendly and very helpful with questions. All of the sides are homemade and taste very fresh. I had the ribs and brisket. The brisket was excellent! The ribs were good, but a bit on the dry side. The price for the meal is very reasonable and the portions are enought that you won't walk away hungry. Will note that you can get Texas or Eastern Carolina BBQ, for those who are not fans of a vinegar based BBQ.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
“Could have been wonderful...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

There is a reason why people order sampler with 3 different meat and 2 side dish. I personally wanted to enjoy each flavor though what I ended up getting was 5 items on a very small plate piled up on each other with 1 side dish, Orange flavored Yum dominated other 4 items on the same plate.

Since I shared the sampler, I needed an extra plate. The plate I got was so dirty and it took more than 5 minutes for the waiter to show up even though it was not a busy night. The waiter never stopped talking about 2nd job she has etc etc... and there was no room for service as she was so preoccupied with her agenda when we wanted to leave.

Table was so dirty and you will think twice placing your silverware directly unless you wipe the table by yourself with your napkin with a glass of water.

This place has a great potential, but it will take a long way to be at the level I was hoping they should be.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
“Worth the long wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

In town for business, my companion and I saw this place on trip advisor and decided to check it out, the atmosphere was great, the food was fairly priced, the oversized menus were charming, as was the story behind how the place came to be.it was a bit of a wait for the food to come out, but when it did, it was worth the wait! The portions were generous, and everything was delicous! We ended up having to take a whole bunch home with us, I almost wish I had to come to Rocky Mount so I can come back here

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charleston, South Carolina
“Superb!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Dinner out with friends during a one-night stopover and they recommended Prime Smokehouse--which moved them even higher in our ranking of friends. A superb meal of BBQ and seafood (crab cakes and fried shrimp), topped by great service and very reasonable prices. We'll be back the next time we are in the area.