“Fantastic customer service!” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast for One
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Rocky Mount
“Fantastic customer service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

As we were about to leave and quickly realized the Bistro was closing, Annette Williams stopped what she was doing and helped us grab a quick bite to eat. It means a lot when the staff makes the customers a priority! Thank you Annette!

Also, when we were checking in it was late and we were exhausted. The front desk attendant quickly noticed how tired we were and expedited our check in process. We were in our room in less than 10 minutes!
All of these little details make a difference.

Room Tip: We always ask for a room on a high floor because we have children. It is a little quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
jamesmichaelwhite, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Rocky Mount, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review, we are very proud to have Annette as one of our Bistro leaders, she is always willing to go the extra for any of our guest.
I am also glad to know my Guest Service Rep was able to get you and your family into a comfortable room as quickly as possible.
We thank you for your feedback and for staying with us, we look forward to your many returns.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom suite. The aircon was right by the sofa and blasted us while sittiing.
The sofabed had no sheets and we had to call down and get some.
The fridge could barely hold a six pack.
The thing that was really icky, was there were millipedes in the bathroom. My husband klled a few.
Needs a remodel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
jamesmichaelwhite, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Rocky Mount, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review your feedback is very important to us. I apologize for the fridge in your room however they are mini-fridges, also I apologize for the sofabed not having sheets they are always clean linens in a plastic storage container in the top of the coat closet.
Routine pest control is performed and documented at our hotel by Ecolabs Inc., we have called them concerning this issue.
Also our hotel is slated to begin renovations this winter.
Thank you for staying with us.
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Chad, Ashley, Danielle, should be the ones who train all courtyard staff - system wide. We cannot think of a way they could have made our 8-night stay any nicer. Comfortable clean rooms, Danielle made me a cup of coffee even after her shift, every staff member speaks to you, and everyone has a positive attitude. Chad kept up with my husbands golf games and Ashley made sure he never ran out of cholate chip cookies. I've been returning to this particular, conveniently located courtyard for years when I visit family, but this was my "road weary" husband's first trip there. He has traveled internatiionally on business and says this Courtyard and the great staff were second to none. We're already looking forward to returning in two years and finding out what's been happening with our great friends at the Courtyard.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
jamesmichaelwhite, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Rocky Mount, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you so much for such an awesome review, I will make sure Chad, Ashley and Danielle know how much you enjoyed their hospitality. I know myself from the little time I spoke with your husband how much we enjoyed you both.
We will be looking forward to you return in the next two years and every return from now on, thank you so much for staying with us.
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

After spending two weeks on the road, we decided our best stay was at this Marriott Courtyard in Rocky Mount. The staff was friendly and welcoming, the room was comfortable, relaxing and quiet. If ever we're in Rocky Mount again, we would definitely stay at this Marriott!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your positive review, also thank you for your positive comments about our hotel and our staff.
We would love to welcome you and your family back to our hotel anytime your are in our area, thank you for staying with us.
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stay at Marriott Hotels frequently and am familiar with what one should expect from each property in their branded categories. First I should say that Courtyards are not my preferred Marriott brand. I feel Courtyards are overpriced for the features, and breakfast is never included, even though I have been a Silver or Gold Elite member for years. This one was in the right location for long trip to South Carolina so we took the chance and stayed one night. This must NOT be a corporate property. Marriott would never let one of their corporate Courtyards slip to the level of disrepair to which this property has fallen, This hotel must be owned by an absent franchisee. When we got to the front desk, the clerk was far too friendly and pointed to a sign which said that they got a 97% from the North Carolina hotel inspector. If this hotel got a 97% from the State Inspector, then North Carolina's hotel inspection system cannot be trusted. This place was a wreck. The carpet in our room looked like it was used in a parking garage before they put it in this room. You could literally see "tracks" beaten into the carpeting.
I posted a picture of the john because I just couldn't believe the thing. It looked about 25 years old and "rocked" when you sat on it. Obviously someone rocked it too hard because the ceramic tank lid had been replaced. It was from another type of commode entirely and didn't even fit. I bet that orphan tank lid is broken by now, because I and my wife almost broke this one every time we used the john.
But the primary complaint is the A/C unit. That thing made racket like a diesel locomotive. It was a hot night and the room was warm when we checked in late so I cranked down the A/C and we went straight to bed. I must have gotten up three times over four hours to check this noisy monster before realizing that it wasn't blowing any cold air. It was simply making noise. So I turned it off and tried to open the windows. The window had a "stopper" on it, probably put there by the Manager to keep people from jumping out in an effort to terminate their lives due to the stifling heat. I wasn't able to get any fresh air into the room. It was 4 AM, I was naked and sweaty, and not in any mood to have a maintenance man visit our bed chamber to tell me he could fix it next Wednesday. The only redeeming feature to this property is that they do give you free coffee in the morning, otherwise it would have been a total scratch. Sadly, there is a Holiday Inn right in the same cul-de-sac where we've stayed before which is a very nice property. Next time, Holiday Inn @ Rocky Mount.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your review we truly appreciate your feedback, I admit our hotel is a bit dated however we will be beginning renovations 11/15/2013. I sincerely apologize for your a/c unit not working, I know you checked in late however if you had called the front desk we would have quickly moved you to another room and made amends for your discomfort.
Once again please accept my apologies for your very uncomfortable night.
Portsmouth, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Staff members like Chad make the difference between a good experience and a great experience. Chad's attitude embodies the spirit of true hospitality. The property was clean and well maintained. Unlike some other Courtyards, they still provided AM coffee in airpots so that you didn't have to wait in the breakfast line if you only wanted coffee....... a big plus in my opinion.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
jamesmichaelwhite, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Rocky Mount, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your very positive review, we appreicate all the wonderful things you said about our staff and our hotel. I will make sure Chad reads this and we know we are very lucky to have him as a member of our family.
Thank you for staying with us and for your loyalty to our Courtyard brand.
We look forward to your many returns.
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stopped in for one night and the staff was very nice, the room was so nice and the beds were very comfortable. I slept wonderfully! Plus it included a restaurant that stayed open late and was open early for breakfast. So glad we made our stop in Rocky Mount!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
jamesmichaelwhite, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Rocky Mount, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we also are very glad you decided to stop in Rocky Mount and to spend the night with. We are so pleased to know that you had a wonderful night sleep and our Bistro was perfect for your travel needs.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your many returns.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Rocky Mount? Share your experiences!