After arriving last night, shortly before 9, my plan was a quick check in and bite to eat. I watch only 2 hours of TV a week which are HBO series that air every Sunday night. I waiting in line for check in 10 minutes, occasionally glancing over to see some people chatting it up at the bar restaurant. To my dismay, the only person working reception desk had to also take phone calls, so I had to wait not only for her to assist the person in front of me, but anyone who called. After the 3rd phone call, I observed the person conversing with the bartender come our way. To my satisfaction, she stepped behind the desk and took the subsequent calls, thereby permitting the check in clerk to finish assisting the person in front of me. I proceeded to go through the normal check in process and walked away from the counter when the clerk said, oh wait, your card was rejected, do you have another? When I replied it was my business card and that I had no other, she replied...oh, ok, the screen changed and I no longer see the error..you're all good. I placed my belongings in the room and headed downstairs for a QUICK bite to eat. The restaurant was empty. I waited patiently for 8 minutes and the same gal working the front desk came back to take my drink/food order. I ordered crab cakes off the menu, but she returned to let me know there were no more. I ordered a salad instead. She brought my specialty salad and it was entirely different than the menu...no blue cheese, no mixed greens, no dried cranberries (iceburg!) and it was on a small salad plate vs. a dinner plate. Just when I asked to return it, the regular bartender arrived and apologized for her absence. She explained that she was the cook, bartender, room service and waitress that night and very busy. She promptly re-made the salad according to the menu description and returned it within minutes. She then left to do other work, leaving the front desk clerk to assist. A young lady arrived explaining that she and her husband (who just returned from Afghanistan) just sat in east coast traffic for 10 hours, with 2 kids. She was exhausted and asked for a beer and the sweetest mixed drink they had. The clerk replied that the 'blender was broken' and passed her the beer. I spent many years as a bartender and there are plenty of sweet drinks that don't require a blender...but I didn't feel like being a patron spokesperson and allowed the gal to go back to her room empty handed.
With dinner finished, I rushed back to my room to watch my weekly 2 hours of television. To my dismay, couldn't get HBO on the TV. I called to the desk and was told someone would call me back. I had to get up for work in the morning so called back in 10 minutes. Clerk replied that someone would call me back, as they were all very busy. 10 min later I called back and was told that they were still too busy to help and that someone would call me back. 10 min later I get a call to advise how to turn on HBO. I promptly replied that nothing was appearing and was told that there must be a problem and that someone would call me back. 10 min later I received a return call by someone explaining that they had a storm and that the cable must be down. I told the gal that the tv channels were all working and was puzzled how she could come to that conclusion. She replied that the bar wasn't having problems and that it just must have been my floor. When I complained she said the mgr would call me back....as I wasn't the only person on 6th floor that reported the problem. Mgr called me back and said that there must be a problem on my floor, but as of that moment, only me and 1 other person on 6th floor reported the problem. When I asked to move rooms I was told there were no rooms to move to. Also told to try channel again in the morning. At no time did she say that anyone had contacted the cable company or that they knew for certain that the issue was an outcome of the storm.
After 45 minutes, I shut off the TV and went to bed…very disappointed not to have been able to catch my series.
Woke up in the middle of the night as the air conditioner was making a very loud noise....I may be checking out today and staying across the street!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Rocky Mount i-95 @ Us 64 Hotel
- Holiday Inn Rocky Mount i-95 @ Us 64 Hotel Rocky Mount
- Holiday Inn Rocky Mount
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy Southern Hospitality at Our New Rocky Mount, NC Hotel Ideally situated off of I-95 and US 64, the new Holiday Inn of Rocky Mount, North Carolina provides comfortable and friendly accommodations for both leisure & corporate travelers. This 6-story hotel offers a blend of contemporary decor and features that distinguishes it as one of Rocky Mount's premier hotels. Business travelers find that we are conveniently located near prominent businesses and corporate offices. North Carolina Wesleyan College, RBC Centura, Hospira, MBM, Honeywell, CDC, Nash Community College and Nash General Hospital are just minutes from our hotel in Rocky Mount. We offer a business center and complimentary, high-speed, wireless Internet access in all guest rooms, public areas & meeting spaces. For leisure travelers, our Rocky Mount hotel offers easy access to unique attractions such as The Imperial Centre, Rocky Mount Sports Complex and The Dunn Center for the Performing Arts. While lodging in our Rocky Mount, North Carolina hotel, guests can enjoy the comforts of an indoor, heated pool, a 24-hour fitness center and a sundries shop. You can enjoy our Martini Bar for your favorite beverages. Bistro 64 Restaurant serves an excellent menu with the freshest ingredients for breakfast, dinner and room service. We have an outstanding staff waiting to make you feel at home. Book with us today to enjoy our outstanding Rocky Mount, NC hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Rocky Mount I-95 @ US 64 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.