“Breakfast everyday” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Mandeville, Louisiana, United States
“Breakfast everyday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We started every day of our rides at the Huddle House with a hearty breakfast. Clean restaurant, fast service and great food.

Visited October 2012

Callahan, Florida
“Good Food & Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I ate there twice while I was in the area. The service and the food were very good. It was a good location to get to with a motorcycle and they even had special parking area for motorcycles.

Visited September 2012
Citrus County, FL
“Would not recommend”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have a Huddle House local to where we live and had never tried it. So when we overslept breakfast time at the Microtel, we decided we might as well try Huddle House in Robbinsville. Microtel had given us a $1 off coupon.

Well... we walked in the place on a rainy Labor Day and clearly the limited number of staff working were totally overwhelmed. There were 2 uncleared tables and several other parties walked in after we did... yet no one could be seated. We had to literally stand at the edge of one of the dirty tables to get the attention of someone to clean it off. That took awhile - and even then, I had to pull paper towel out of my purse to wipe off the table after the server "cleaned" it.

I love breakfast food so was excited to eat something hearty - even if many of the dishes did sound like heart attacks on a plate. That's what I expected and I was totally fine with that.

We ordered and had to wait quite awhile for our coffee to arrive. It tasted like it had been sitting, which was surprising since the place was packed. Maybe the pots weren't clean?

Food eventually came out and was a big disappointment. I had ordered the breakfast melt and that was fine. Nothing special. But the hash browns that I was looking forward to were cold! My husband ordered one of the platters that had country ham, scrambled eggs, hash browns and a waffle. Like my potatoes, his were cold. His country ham was so overcooked, it looked like shoe-leather. The scrambled eggs were scrambled on the griddle after they were dropped, not prior to being put on the griddle so they were uneven - with clumps of over yolky or over white rather than nicely scrambled. He did like his waffle.

Disappointing. If I'm back in the area and I oversleep the breakfast at the microtel, I'll try Nana's or go to the local Ingles and buy a protein bar.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Rustburg, Virginia
“Breakfast Is Breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have eaten breakfast at the Huddle House each time we visit Robbinsville - the food is always the same - predictable is good. It's good, hot food - portions are good sized and served reasonably quick. Service is good, staff is friendly.....could be a bit cleaner, but I think it stays pretty busy.....guess they don't have time to do a good clean up???? We'll continue to eat at the Huddle House when we visit Robbinsville.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
LONG ISLAND, NY
“OK FOOD FOR A TOWN WITH NOTHING ELSE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

The food at Huddle House is actually the best in town, sad to say but...the service is fast and friendly. Food is acceptable. Can get breakfast all day and kids eat free after 4 PM. Portions are kind of small. Price is reasonable.

• Visited August 2012