“Not Up to Holiday Inn Express Standards” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Roanoke Rapids Hotel & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN Roanoke Rapids Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Roanoke Rapids Hotel & Suites
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   136 Sheraton Drive, I 95 Exit 171 (Route 125), Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Roanoke Rapids)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Roanoke Rapids
New Canaan, Connecticut, United States
“Not Up to Holiday Inn Express Standards”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We chose to pay a little more based on my experience with other Holiday Inn Express locations around the country. Wow was I disappointed. The outside is nice but the quality of the facility on the inside was not. The room was very small and looked like an updated Howard Johnson's from decades past. We checked in to find no towels in the room and had to wait more than 30 minutes for them, just so we could take a shower. The front desk staff was unpleasant to deal with and overall this was a huge waste of money. I'm shocked Holiday Inn Express would allow this facility into their network.

Room Tip: The main part of the build is obviously the original (where the lobby is). Maybe the other wing of t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
belashah, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN Roanoke Rapids Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank You for taking you time to respond. It is our passion to create Great Hotels, Guest Love and we felled to do so in your case. I would like to take the time to stay that we are truly sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay with us. If you will please give me a call personally so that i may get the chance to apologize to you and to assure that the issues that you exprienced have been addressed. I would also like to help build you confidence in the brand that we both LOVE. Again Thank you for your response and choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites-Roanoke Rapids.

2010 IHG Best of the Best Guest Exprience Champion

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Durham, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Checked into a $150.00 King Suite!! And as soon as I walked in there there was mold on the ceiling from the door to the bathroom. I was in room 147 with a view of dirt! You could see where they tried to paint over it and it grew back! Not to mention every singe towel was damp if not wet! I mean the room had a wet feeling to it. The window in the room over the air conditioner would not lock. It was sooooooo easy to push it up, push out the screen and climb in and out of the window. I called the front desk to ask for another room. The receptionist was very nice and apologetic but after trying 3 more rooms that were all smoking because no other rooms were left, I had to take my 10 month old daughter and 2 year old son back to moldy room 147! It was 1am in the morning and there were no other hotels available in the area! I literally thought about sleeping in the car with my kids but decided this was too dangerous. So, back to moldy room 147. The receptionist brought me new towels and I took a shower and watched as the water begin to make a large wet ring around the shower head! Hence the reason for the mold I assume!! The only great thing is I did feel like the receptionist cared! But she could only work with what she was given. Holiday Inn Corporate Office you totally suck! You should be ashamed of yourself for even advertising and renting out a room this filthy! I totally promise to post the pictures that I took and this post on every consumer board that I can find! I mean PATHETICALLY POOR!!!!

Room Tip: By all means PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not stay here!!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
belashah, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Roanoke Rapids Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Please accept our deepest apology for the stay you exprience at our hotel. It is our passion to provide you with highest standard of quality and service and we failed to do so in your case. Please give me a call so that I may apologize in person and assure you that we are doing everything to prevent a situation like this from happening again. I would like to restore your confidence in the brand that we all so passionately LOVE.

My Deepest Apology,
Asst General Manager
Holiday Inn Express & Suites-Roanoke Rapids
136 Sheraton Dr
252.536.2300 Office
252.955.4866 Mobile
South Plainfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We recently stayed here overnight on our way home from FL. We checked in a little late to be able to use the pool but it did look inviting. The bathroom looked a little worn but the rest of our room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. We all enjoyed the excellent breakfast that was provided. I would definetely recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
belashah, Manager at BEST WESTERN Roanoke Rapids Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank You for the feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to you staying with us again in the near future. We thank you for taking the time to express you exprience with us.
The Staff of the Holiday Inn Expess & Suites, Roanoke Rapids, NC
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

After numerous awesome Holiday Inn Express stays, when my travels took me to the area, I booked this hotel without hesitation. What I found was a newly remodeled hotel, but I could see where corners were cut to make the remodel complete. My first clue was the sloppy paint job in saw as I made my way to my room with corners being over painted. The sloppy paint job extended into my room, noticeably in the bathroom, areas that needed to sanded before re-painting where simply painted over. My next clue was a peeling tub section.

Overall, my stay was average, but I wouldn't stay here again. As another reviewer noted, the hotel is close to the highway for easy access, all of the restaurants are at the next exit. Breakfast was decent and the staff was friendly enough. Next time, sadly, I will read the reviews before selecting another Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank You for taking you time to respond. It is our passion to create Great Hotels, Guest Love and we failed to do so in your case. I would like to take the time to stay that we are truly sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay with us. If you will please give me a call personally so that i may get the chance to apologize to you and to assure that the issues that you exprienced have been addressed. I would also like to help build you confidence in the brand that we both LOVE. Again Thank you for your response and choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites-Roanoke Rapids.

New Milford, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

We found this hotel after a long drive south and a nightmare experience at our original hotel 30 miles north. Besides a cold pool, there is little to say against this palce. It gave us a good night's rest and an excellent breakfast to go on our way.

• Stayed June 2012
, Manager at BEST WESTERN Roanoke Rapids Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank You for your response. I we look forward to see you again in the near future. Have a wonderful summer and Thanks for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Roanoke Rapids,NC

Wiley L. Davis Jr.
Co-General Manager
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Phone: 252.536.2300
Jackson, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I was very please with this hotel. I was traveling on business and they gave me a Government Employee rate which was $63.50. There is a lovely outdoor swimming pool, a small workout room and the FREE hot breakfast could not be beat! The room was very clean. I highly recommend staying at a Holiday Inn Express wherever you go! The money you save on breakfast alone is worth it!

Room Tip: I think all rooms would be good and think they all over look the pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank You for taking the time to tell us about you stay with us. It is our passion to provide our guest with service that you deserve. It is our passion to create Great Hotels, Guest Love. Thank you so very much for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites-Roanoke Rapids. We looking forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Again Thank You,

Irvington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

MY stay at the Holiday Inn Express was very relaxing and comfortable. the staff were always available and made sure all my needs were met. I really enjoyed my stay and I would refer my family and friends to stay there.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are a lot quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with the Holiday Inn Express. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We like forward to your return.

2010 IHG Best of the Best Guest Exprience Champion

Been to BEST WESTERN Roanoke Rapids Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!