“HGI in Roanoke rapids NC” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed 'N Breakfast Deal
Ranked #2 of 8 hotels in Roanoke Rapids
Chester Springs, United States
“HGI in Roanoke rapids NC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Nice hotel but often noisy when college sports teams stay there and not a very good value at 100-130 per night. Hotel staff can be either very helpful or almost non existant in service. Really depends on the stay. We've stayed there about 8 times and each experience is different. main advantage to hotel is that it sits by itself so it's usually quiet, although that leaves food/dining options at a very minimum unless you drive north one exit to exit 173.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Tiana S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for staying here with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids. We appreciate the rating you gave the hotel during your experience. I notice you mentioned something about the noise when we have groups here; I do want to apologize for that. I hope you continue to stay with us and recommend others. Again Thanks!

354 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Crossville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

My group had 3 rooms for 3 nights at this facility. Everything was great. Having a job which required me to be on the road a lot, I have stayed in many hotels so I know a nice hotel. Highly recommend this one.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Alan S.,
Thank you for your rating and your comments on the hotel. We appreciate the kind words and are delighted you enjoyed your stay. Please continue to stay with us and giving feedback so we will continue to make your stay comfortable. Have a wonderful day!

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I've written a review on this property in the past. It's still clean. Staff is (for the most part) still friendly. Location is still great. Overall, still a great hotel. But there was a change in staff from the last time we stayed here.

We arrived and our reservation was mysteriously canceled. Snotty front desk agent told me I must have canceled it. Um, no I didn't. Not the best attitude to have with a guest who raves about your property and just drove 9 hours from Rhode Island. So she rebooks us.

However, we arranged a special room via email with the General Manager prior to arrival. Front desk agent said what we requested wasn't available. We asked to speak to the GM. Agent checked and said she was busy but that the request we made wasn't possible. We said we would wait until she was no longer busy. GM all of a sudden was no longer busy and came to speak to us. GM had no recollection of our request. So we showed her the emails. That must have jarred her memory because, suddenly, our request was available.

Due to our inconvenience, the GM said she would not charge us the pet fee. That's when the front desk agent says to the GM, "Well if THAT'S what you want to do....." right in front of us. What a rude little thing. Anyway, GM was very friendly and apologetic and managed to accommodate us, which was nice. Her professionalism certainly made up for the inept service from the front desk agent.

Our room was clean and quiet. Nice addition of Keurig's in the room. Upon check out, all the maids in the hallway said hello to us. Again, the friendly service from other staff members certainly made up for what we experienced at check in.

We will be staying here in April 2014 for our annual trip back to Rhode Island. Can't wait to see what adventures we will encounter this time. Hopefully this was just a bump in the road.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
First let me start by saying thank you for remaining a loyal guest to property. I do apologize for your recent stay with the front desk staff. It is not a common thing so please forgive us. Thank you for your feedback so we can address these matters and make sure it is resolved. Have a Wonderful Day and hope to hear from you soon!

Mildford, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

More like a diner than a retaurant. Dining room was lit like a bus station and "we are almost out of vodka". A very limited menue. The room was clean and well furnished. The location is right off I (5 and easy to get to.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn. Although I am thrilled you enjoyed our rooms and it was great for you, I do want to apologize for our dining area not meeting your expectations. Please continue to give us feedback because it helps with giving us ideas and suggestions on making your stay better for our guest. Have a wonderful day!

Harrison City, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We were told that we could park on the side of the building and come in very near our room. I am wheelchair-bound, there was no ramp to get me onto the sidewalk. Also, it was very dark on the side of the building, no safety lighting. I am a bi-lateral amputee and cannot stand or walk. I use a transfer board to get from my wheelchair onto a toilet, onto a bed, into a car, onto a shower bench, etc. The room was set up very nicely for my needs, except for the shower. When I made the reservation, I asked the person on the phone whether the room had an attached bench in the shower. I was told that it did. My husband and I arrived to discover that we had been lied to. When I asked what sort of shower benches the hotel had, the maintenance guy said "I think they're all broken." He did finally locate one, an inexpensive aluminum and plastic bench with a curved seat. These are not particularly sturdy and pose a great risk since I have to slide onto it. The curved seat makes it potentially very dangerous for me. The hotel should have at least one HA room, preferably all, with attached benches in the roll-in shower. They are much safer for someone like me, and, indeed, for anyone with more than slight difficulty with walking or standing. The fact that I was lied to is utterly unacceptable, as is the fact that the shower benches were thought to all be broken, with, obviously, no forethought having been given to rectifying the situation. The hotel, overall was very nice and the staff was apologetic. However, neither of those were any help with my particular circumstances.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I'm so sorry for the inconvience you had here at our property. I am aware someone has reached out to you, and hopefully made you feel better about the situation. I'm not sure why you were told that some of the things the clerk informed you, but they were wrong and have heard the end of your situation. Again I do apologize and I hope you give us another chance to give you a better impression.

Front Desk Supervisor
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Clean, courteous, friendly, accommodating - everything you'd want in a stay at a hotel. When we arrived at the front desk at 7:30 in the evening, we were greeted by our name along with a very friendly "we've been waiting for you". If that doesn't make you feel right at home, I don't know what does. I've never had that happen before and the greeting by the reception employees was very sincere. After a horrendous 14 hour drive, I can't even tell you how welcoming that was, but it was huge!!

Having a wonderful buffet breakfast to choose from (rather than finding a restaurant in the morning) was a very nice option for us. Again, very friendly staff everywhere, very clean. Everything was exceptional. I noticed outdoor tables to sit at for those arriving earlier in the day - what a great option to have if you have the time to relax. Also, we have to say that the beds were amazing. So very comfortable, crisp and clean - easy to get a good night's sleep. The rate was the best in the area (we chose to book the non-refundable rate directly from the hotel). It was the cheapest overall - (we looked at Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, etc. and nothing compared to direct from the hotel).

We would highly HIGHLY recommend staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in Roanoke Rapids and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Loyalisttraveller:

Thank you so much for your kind words and comments. We really appreciate your post and makes everyone feel they are doing a good job. We want our guest to feel like they are coming to their home away from home. I'm glad to hear you'll be back with us for another pleasant stay!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

overnight stay while traveling was good. Staff was helpful and courteous. Would stay here again on our next trip thru the area. Bartender was awesome and as it was a quiet night I think glad of the company. Bar/lounge area could be better marked for better patronage.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review and your feedback on the hotel. We appreciate your thoughts and glad to know you enjoyed your stay. Please continue to give us your feedback and come stay with us again.

Front Office Manager
252-519-2333

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids? Share your experiences!