“Our experience was a bit different than most of the others” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express and Suites Roanoke Rapids SE

You added Holiday Inn Express and Suites Roanoke Rapids SE to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Roanoke Rapids SE
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   74 Premier Blvd, I-95 & US 158, Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870 (Formerly Comfort Suites Roanoke Rapids)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Roanoke Rapids
“Our experience was a bit different than most of the others”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This Holiday Inn Express was the perfect location right off of Route 95. We were driving late at night and decided to stop so when I went to the lobby to see if there was a room available, I waited for the attendant to leave his table in the eating area, come to the desk and open the door. He let me in, did not greet me, did not smile and was very gruff. Certainly there was no acknowledgement that I was a Priority Club member, and when I asked about receiving points he told me I was using a coupon so we did not get any. No, 'sorry about that' or anything nice. The room was nicely decorated and most importantly, the bed was very comfortable although some of the pillows were lumpy. It was mostly very clean except for some dirt on the edge of the bathtub and a reddish ring around the drain in the sink. The shower was hot with excellent water pressure. What we liked the least was the extremely strong smell of disinfectant in the hall when we got upstairs. My eyes were actually watering from it. It was better in the room so we did not ask to change floors. The fitness room was average but it was disappointing that the one universal machine was out of order with the cables disconnected and wrapped around the machine. The breakfast was up to the usual Holiday Inn Express standards and we enjoyed that. Would I stay again? Probably not at this Holiday Inn Express but we have had very good experiences in all the others we have stayed in so will certainly continue to look for Holiday Inn Express Hotels in our travels.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
HotelResponse_2015, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Roanoke Rapids SE, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Karen S.,

We appreciate that you have given us the chance to know about so many specific details of your recent experience at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites hotel. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us with this very valuable feedback.

I am very glad to hear that you are a loyal guest of Holiday Inn Express hotels and that you enjoy being a member of the IHG Rewards Club. We know how important it is to maintain a traveler's loyalty, and I am happy to know that your experience at our hotel will not deter you from booking at other IHG properties. I am very sorry that your stay here did not go as well as it should have, and we will be going over your remarks with our entire team to highlight the areas in which we could have improved your visit to our hotel. I hope that you will accept my sincerest apologies for all of the issues that you experienced while you were here.

If you ever find yourself in the Roanoke Rapids, NC area again, I would love it if you'd give our hotel another chance. We will work very hard to ensure that we provide you with a 5-star experience during your next visit to our property.

Angela Clark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Berwick, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2015

We stopped here on our way back to the Northeast from Florida. We had a room with one king bed and a sleep sofa and it was very roomy and nicely decorated. We had a noisy family with young children next door, so we did not have the relaxing quiet we would have preferred, but that is not the hotel's fault. The location was good, near several restaurants and right off the highway. And the free breakfast in the morning offered a good selection of hot foods which were kept fresh. I can definitely see us stopping here on future trips.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
HotelResponse_2015, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Roanoke Rapids SE, responded to this review, March 23, 2015
Dear Deb D.,

We appreciated the chance to have you as our guest at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Roanoke Rapids, NC during your recent trip along the I-95 corridor. I am very pleased to hear that our hotel was able to provide you with a spacious and clean room, and that you enjoyed most of your stay here.

It's great to know that you found our location to be convenient both to the interstate and to our area's dining options. We also enjoyed being able to provide you with value-adding complimentary amenities, such as our hot breakfast bar. I do apologize for the fact that your stay was not as quiet as you would have liked for it to have been. If you ever experience a problem of any sort during any future stay here, please report it immediately so that our team members can work to correct the issue for you in a timely and effective manner. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your feedback.

We love reading that you would certainly return to our hotel for any future trips through this area. I hope that we'll be able to work very hard and earn a full 5-star review from you following your next stay at our property.

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2015

Upon arrival I was greeted as a Priority Club Member .... The room was very nice and quiet ... Complimentary breakfast was very good ... We requested a late check out and they were happy to oblige .... Convenient to many restaurants ... If I return to this area, I will certainly stay at this location again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear Nanette W.,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Roanoke Rapids, NC as your lodging provider when business travel recently brought you to our area. I am very pleased to hear that your stay went so well!

We love being able to provide our guests with the things they expect, such as clean rooms, a delicious complimentary hot breakfast, a quiet stay, and a convenient location. It's even better to know that we were able to honor a guest's special request, such as the one you made for a late check-out. We know that we can't always guarantee these requests can be honored, but it's absolutely wonderful to be able to say "yes" to special requests as often as possible.

If there's anything specific that we can do to earn a full 5-star review from you following your next stay here, please let us know about it either when you make your reservations or at check-in. We'd love to provide you with a completely superb experience during your next visit to our Holiday Inn Express & Suites hotel.

Livingston nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

Modern, clean, quiet, excellent location near I 95, walking distance to multiple restaurants. Average breakfast for this type hotel. When traveling I 95 you should find this a good choice especially with its relatively low price. It is possible to find other modern choices in Roanoke Rapids at a lower price but they are closer to a heavily trafficked road. We shall return to this Holiday Inn Express.

Stayed March 2015
HotelResponse_2015, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Roanoke Rapids SE, responded to this review, March 18, 2015
Dear Richard S.,

Thank you for staying at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites hotel during your recent visit to the Roanoke Rapids, NC area. I am very glad that we could provide you with a comfortable place to relax and rejuvenate while you were traveling along the I-95 corridor.

It's great to hear that you found our hotel to be better than others in our area because of our quiet location. We appreciate hearing that, as we hope to always provide our guests with a convenient place to stay very near the interstate, but in a location that's removed enough from the highway to whereas the noise will not be disturbing. Thank you also for mentioning that you liked our modern decor and our complimentary breakfast. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate all of your comments.

I hope that your travels will bring you through this area again very soon. Our team is looking forward to welcoming you back to our Holiday Inn Express & Suites and we'll be working very hard to ensure that we earn a full 5-star review from you following your next stay here.

Mahwah, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2015

We stayed here while driving back from Florida. We were very happy with the service, the hotel, the cleanliness, and the continental breakfast. The price was right and you can't beat this hotel on I-95. We chose it because it's a great stopping point between Florida and NJ.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
HotelResponse_2015, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Roanoke Rapids SE, responded to this review, March 17, 2015
Dear WDWfan80,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to stop at during your recent from from Florida to New Jersey along the I-95 corridor. We loved being able to welcome you to our Holiday Inn Express & Suites hotel!

It sounds as if you really enjoyed your overall visit to our hotel. I am glad to hear that you were able to relax in our clean guest rooms, that you enjoyed your interactions with our team members, and that you were able to take advantage of some of our complimentary amenities. It's also wonderful to know that our hotel's location was convenient for your travels. Thank you for taking the time to leave all of these remarks here on our hotel's TripAdvisor page.

I hope that you'll be able to return to our property again during your next visit to Florida. We look forward to having you as our guest again and will be working very hard to ensure that we earn a full 5-star review from you following your next stay at our property.

Usa, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2015

I found this hotel on trip advisor listed at $89 a night plus tax. When I called, the rate jumped to $150. Luckily, i mentioned the lower listed rate and she worked with me and discounted for AAA. And my rate was $98. Once booked GPS, (from trip advisor which goes to their website) took me to the road behind the hotel where there's no entrance, so I drove in circles trying to get to it. The front desk clerk said that is a common complaint, so Maybe the hotel can get a better GPS address and post it on their website, or when calling for a reservation?
The staff was very sweet and the room was very clean. The bed was very comfy, and the pillows were super soft. They offer a nice free breakfast with a variety of sausage, (turkey and regular), eggs (fake) cereals, oatmeal, fruits, muffins, and a cool pancake maker. They're better than the standard waffle maker.
Their shampoos are bath and body works, which is a nice change.
My only complain is that When I opened the bathroom door, the smell of raw sewer hit me in the face. I actually thought a staff member had snuck in to use the bathroom. I sprayed and sprayed, but it wouldn't go away. When i walked outside to get something, I realized it was a sewer problem and was just as strong in the parking lot. I didn't mention it, and went to bed. I should have said something, but I had to leave and completely forgot when handing over the key the following morning. I would stay here again, as long as that smell was taken care of. :) Five stars **** minus one * for odor!

Room Tip: The rates are much higher than advertised on trip advisor. I suggest when you call, mention that an...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
HotelResponse_2015, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Roanoke Rapids SE, responded to this review, March 8, 2015
Dear Donna3387,

Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed remarks regarding your recent experience at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites hotel. It's absolutely wonderful to have such a wide array of comments about your stay at our hotel.

It sounds as if you truly enjoyed most of your stay here, and we love knowing that. With regard to the things that you've mentioned as constructive criticisms, thank you for taking the time to share those remarks with us and we will look into each one of your proposed action items. I will also have our maintenance team inspect our parking lot area immediately to see if the origin of the foul odor can be located. I apologize for the fact that this was a problem for you during your stay here, and we will work very hard to ensure that we remedy this situation.

I hope that your travels will bring you back to Roanoke Rapids again very soon. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our Holiday Inn Express & Suites hotel and hope to earn a full 5-star review from you following your next stay here.

Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2015

Only negative comment I would come up with is that I would have preferred pork sausage instead of the offered turkey sausage. Guess for negativity, that's a bit of a stretch :<) We would absolutely stay here again -----

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
HotelResponse_2015, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Roanoke Rapids SE, responded to this review, March 5, 2015
Dear bsasric,

Thank you for letting us know that you were very satisfied with your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Roanoke Rapids, NC! We always appreciate it when a guest takes the time to let us and other TripAdvisor members know about their experience at our hotel.

The fact that you plan to return here during any future trips to this area is a huge compliment to our hotel and staff. I do apologize that you were not completely pleased with our breakfast sausage choices, and we will be sure to pass your remarks about that along to our franchise management team. We strive to please all of our guests and thank you for your feedback.

I hope that you'll find yourself in our part of North Carolina again very soon. We're looking forward to seeing you again for another great stay at our hotel!

Angela Clark

Been to Holiday Inn Express and Suites Roanoke Rapids SE? Share your experiences!