This Holiday Inn Express was the perfect location right off of Route 95. We were driving late at night and decided to stop so when I went to the lobby to see if there was a room available, I waited for the attendant to leave his table in the eating area, come to the desk and open the door. He let me in, did not greet me, did not smile and was very gruff. Certainly there was no acknowledgement that I was a Priority Club member, and when I asked about receiving points he told me I was using a coupon so we did not get any. No, 'sorry about that' or anything nice. The room was nicely decorated and most importantly, the bed was very comfortable although some of the pillows were lumpy. It was mostly very clean except for some dirt on the edge of the bathtub and a reddish ring around the drain in the sink. The shower was hot with excellent water pressure. What we liked the least was the extremely strong smell of disinfectant in the hall when we got upstairs. My eyes were actually watering from it. It was better in the room so we did not ask to change floors. The fitness room was average but it was disappointing that the one universal machine was out of order with the cables disconnected and wrapped around the machine. The breakfast was up to the usual Holiday Inn Express standards and we enjoyed that. Would I stay again? Probably not at this Holiday Inn Express but we have had very good experiences in all the others we have stayed in so will certainly continue to look for Holiday Inn Express Hotels in our travels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 100% smoke-free Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Roanoke Rapids, NC hotel offers an ideal location just off of I-95 and near many area attractions. Our hotel is just over one mile from the campus of the Halifax Regional Medical Center. We have great amenities, such as an on-site snack pantry, a seasonal swimming pool, complimentary Wi-Fi access, and hot breakfast. Corporate guests soon find out why we're one of the best hotels in Roanoke Rapids, NC for business travelers, as we offer a 24-hour Business Center with printing capabilities, as well as access to copy and fax services. We have 1,500 sq ft of well-appointed meeting space that will handle groups of up to 50 people. In addition, companies such as Halifax Community College, Roanoke Valley Chamber of Commerce, Halifax County Visitors Center, Wal-Mart Supercenter, and Lowe's Home Improvement are all close to our location. Our hotel is a great place for leisure travelers, too! We're close to the Royal Palace Theatre and the planned Carolina Crossroads entertainment development. Families can visit Lake Gaston, NC or explore Medoc Mountain State Park. We're also near the Roanoke Canal and the Roanoke River, which boasts some of the best opportunities to catch rockfish in the world. History buffs will enjoy a visit to the Halifax State Historic Site, where the "Halifax Resolves" were adopted and entire colony first made an official recommendation for independence from England. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express and Suites Roanoke Rapids SE reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Roanoke Rapids Hotel Roanoke Rapids
- Roanoke Rapids Comfort Suites