“Great Stay and convenient to ammenities” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express and Suites Roanoke Rapids SE

You added Holiday Inn Express and Suites Roanoke Rapids SE to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Roanoke Rapids SE
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   74 Premier Blvd, I-95 & US 158, Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870 (Formerly Comfort Suites Roanoke Rapids)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Roanoke Rapids
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Great Stay and convenient to ammenities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed here for one night when we were passing through. After 6 nights on the road and some interesting beds and rooms, we knew Holiday Inn Express brand could usually be counted on for a good restorative night. WE WERE NOT DISAPPOINTED. The staff was very professional and friendly. The room was nice, spotless clean and quiet. Everything looked new. The bed was great! Breakfast is included and had great choices and was a good start to the morning. Highly recommend this hotel. It is located near plenty of restaurants, shopping and close to I 95.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelResponse_2014, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Roanoke Rapids SE, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear TigerLily1010,

We love knowing that our travelers depend on the Holiday Inn Express brand for a good night's sleep in a clean and relaxing environment! I am very pleased to hear that our Roanoke Rapids hotel only enhanced your trust in our brand.

We strive to offer all of our guests such a pleasant stay when they arrive at our hotel. We know how important it is for guests to feel immediately welcomed here, and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed all of your interactions with our team members and that you found your room to be well-appointed and very clean. I also love knowing that you appreciated the many complimentary amenities that we provide, such as our daily hot breakfast buffet. We strive to focus on both the big and the small details of each guest's stay to ensure that everyone who chooses to stay here is completely satisfied with their experience at our hotel.

I hope that your travels will bring you back through this area again very soon. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back for another great stay at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites hotel.

Angela Clark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Wonder Lake, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is what a stay should at an HIE (Holiday Inn Express) should be like. The building was very fresh and clean, it was even very clean at the end of the breakfast service. The room was very clean and the furniture was very nice. The mini fridge was quiet, I know it seems small (the noise thing not the fridge) but I have unplugged fridges in in other rooms.

The staff were all friendly and courteous. They gave a good dinner recommendation. It is not their fault that the caliber of food variety in this town in not very worldly.

I hope I have to come back through town just to stay here because it really was a pleasant experience. Nice job!

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong, they are far enough from the express way that there is little ou...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
HotelResponse_2014, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Roanoke Rapids SE, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Jasski,

"Wow!" is all I can say about how wonderful it was to read your review regarding your recent experience with our Holiday Inn Express & Suites hotel. I am very glad to hear that our property exceeded every expectation that you had!

We love being able to provide a quiet, clean, and comfortable hotel to our guests. We also love knowing that our guests were pleased with the level of amenities and services provided to them during their time at our property. We strive to provide such an excellent experience for all travelers that come to our hotel, and sincerely appreciate your remarks and the 5-star rating you have left for our hotel here on TripAdvisor.

I hope that you'll find yourself in this area again very soon. We look forward to being able to provide you with another great stay at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites hotel.

Livingston, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel was spotless clean. The room was clean, updated and all new furnishings. Even the carpet in the stairwell was new and everything freshly painted. Staff was very nice and the breakfast was good (and included)

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Dear jfbgianni,

I am very pleased to hear that you were completely satisfied with your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Roanoke Rapids, NC. We love being able to earn a guest's loyalty by providing such an exceptional experience for them on their first visit to our hotel.

When we receive such positive reviews on TripAdvisor and other online review forums, it's a true testament to the hard work that our team members have put forth during our transition to a Holiday Inn Express & Suites hotel. It's great for our staff to know that our guests recognize and appreciate the changes we have made to our property and the level of service we are able to provide to our guests.

I hope that you'll be able to return again very soon to the Roanoke Rapids, NC area. We look forward to being able to welcome you back for another 5-star experience at our hotel.

Livingston nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was formerly a Comfort Inn and Suites. It has been completely redecorated. It is modern, clean and the rooms are excellent. The breakfast that is included offers one unique item. Pancakes instead of the typical waffles. Without hesitation this hotel is recommended.
P.S. It is within walking distance of Ruby Tuesday's so after a long day on the road there is no need to get back in the car to find a restaurant.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelResponse_2014, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Roanoke Rapids SE, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Richard S.,

Thank you for returning to our property following our recent conversion to a Holiday Inn Express & Suites hotel. It's absolutely wonderful to know that you were completely satisfied with your most recent experience here.

We appreciate having your feedback about the things you enjoyed while you were a guest at our hotel. Thank you for letting other potential guests know about the things that specifically pleased you, such as our complimentary breakfast food options and the Ruby Tuesday restaurant within walking distance. Your comments will surely be helpful to others and we appreciate that you took the time to make them.

I hope that your travels will bring you back to our area again very soon! We look forward to having many more opportunities to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Roanoke Rapids, NC!

Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The property is 8 years old but shows very little of the aging you might expect to see. A clean, well-appointed facility less than a minute off 95. I paid a little bit more than I was hoping but a quick check revealed that the rate was competitive with surrounding hotels. Staff members were friendly and engaging, reflecting that they understand that they're in the HOSPITALITY industry. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've experienced at a hotel in recent memory. I will consider it a "go-to" place for trips through the 95 corridor.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
HotelResponse_2014, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Roanoke Rapids SE, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear guest57592,

We appreciated the chance to have you as our guest at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites hotel when you were recently traveling through the Roanoke Rapids, NC area on I-95. Saying that we have now become your "go-to" hotel for these types of trips is the biggest compliment that you could have given us, and we thank you for that!

I love knowing that you were completely satisfied with our hotel's cleanliness and presentation, as well as with the high levels of customer service that you received from our team members. I also appreciated reading that you enjoyed a great night of sleep on our beds, and that you were able to relax in comfort in our clean and well-appointed rooms!

Thank you for taking the time to make your comments here on TripAdvisor for others to read while they're making their lodging decisions. If there's anything specific that we can do to ensure that we earn a full 5-star review from you following your next stay here, please be sure to let us know about it at your next check-in. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014

I was greeted outside by the Assistant GM Monique as she was leaving for the day I was tired and weary and really did feel like being bothered but she continued to talk that put me at ease, got to the front desk and met Jackie who was also smiling and pleasingly pleasant. Overall, my stay was relaxing and comfortable, GREAT BREAKFAST TOO! I travel 3 times a year from Boston to Florida so this is definitely my halfway point. Thanks, Monique for your excellent staff and hotel! See you soon!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Dear Morris B.,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites during your recent trip through Roanoke Rapids, NC! We love knowing that we will now be your permanent stop for the halfway point of your I-95 drive from Boston to Florida.

I was very pleased to read all of your remarks and to see that you rated our hotel with 5 stars across every category. Thank you for mentioning specific team members that you enjoyed interacting with; I will be certain to thank them for providing such hospitable service to you. We strive to provide such an excellent experience for all of our guests and appreciate your feedback.

I know it's a very long drive that will bring you back to our hotel, but I do hope that you'll be able to return soon. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Holiday Inn Express & Suites for another relaxing experience!

Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2014

I regularly stay at HIX hotels when I travel, because it is so reassuring to know that I will be greeted by a friendly face, sleep in an amazing bed, and start the day with a great breakfast. This hotel checked all my boxes! I was pleasantly surprised with the size of my room, and everything else was just as I expected. It's wonderful to feel like I'm "home" in an unfamiliar city.

One thing that was a little strange about this hotel was the flooring. My room was on the 4th floor, and as soon as I stepped off the elevator, I noticed the floor felt a little weird. Every so slightly soft, maybe, or a tiny bit hollow? It was like the builder had left out a single layer of sub-flooring or something. Footsteps seemed to echo just a bit more, which wasn't a problem until the next morning. My nextdoor neighbor was up at 5:30, and I woke up too because I thought someone was walking around in my room. The footsteps echoed impressively through the flooring. It was not a great way to wake up. I don't know if the other three floors are similar, or if it was just the top one.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
HotelResponse_2014, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Roanoke Rapids SE, responded to this review, October 18, 2014
Dear LibbyO,

We loved having you as our guest here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites during your recent trip to Roanoke Rapids, NC. It's always a pleasure to know that our guests choose our hotel based on the consistency of the high quality products and services that they receive from the Holiday Inn Express brand, and I am very happy to hear that our hotel fulfilled all of your desires in a lodging experience.

While we love knowing about all of the things that pleased you during this trip, we also like to hear about where we could have improved. I am sorry that you were disturbed the the noise from another guest at our hotel, and I would love to have the chance to speak with you in further detail about your comments regarding the 4th floor. You can reach out to me at any time at the hotel by calling (252) 535-3300 or via email at ambowyer6@gmail.com .

We strive to completely satisfy all of our guests and sincerely appreciate your feedback. I hope that you'll give us another chance to provide you with a full 5-star experience during your next visit to our area. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Holiday Inn Express & Suites hotel.

Angela Clark

Been to Holiday Inn Express and Suites Roanoke Rapids SE? Share your experiences!