“No Stay but had to Pay!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 8 hotels in Roanoke Rapids
Pittston Township
“No Stay but had to Pay!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

On Jan.3rd of this year, my wife and I were traveling to Florida for our annual visit. We were looking for a hotel for the nite. My wife started calling hotels from the car while traveling. One hotel she called and told the woman, her name was Jessica, that she was only checking on prices and would call back if interested. The woman gave my wife a reference number which my wife stated to her she didn't need because we were only checking rates. My wife didn't even write the number down because we were not interested in booking at that time. As it turned out she found a better rate at a Comfort suites and we booked our room there for the night. After arriving in Fl. I checked my account with my Credit Union online and found we had been chg'd for a room at the Quality Inn in Roanoke, NC. This is the one that gave my wife the ref#.
I called the hotel and indicated they made a mistake because we didn't make a reservation at the hotel. I spoke to the same woman who talked to my wife. She stated that she gave my wife a ref# , so this booked the room. I told her we did not know that if she gave us a ref# that booked a room. I also indicated to her that when my wife called, she was only calling for rates. She stated that it didn't matter because when she gave my wife the reference that booked the room. After some discussion the woman offered to give us half credit. I indicated that we should get full credit because we didn't book any room. She became very arrogant at this point and told me that was her policy and she wasn't going to do any more for me. I insisted I wanted full credit and asked for her full name because I was going to take this much farther . At that point she hung up the phone.
I have since sent 3 emails and made on phone call to customer service at Choice Hotels and was told they would call me back . I spoke to an Eric on Jan 18th and he stated he would get back to me in 7 days. Nothing to date. Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. Make sure you don't get a reference number when you are only lookiong for rates.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
qirrgm, General Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us but however when a reservation is made we do have policies and procedures we have to follow.I do apoligize and I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The beds were comfortable and clean. The bathroom is very small, but it was clean. The housekeeper forgot to put towels in the room, and when I called the front desk they didn't offer to bring them. I had to go up and get the towels. They should really work on customer service, but not a bad night's sleep, and the room was clean. That's the most important thing. I didn't try the breakfast so I can't comment. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room facing the highway....Very NOISY
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
qirrgm, Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
We do appreciate the feedback you provided and I do apoligize the towels were not brought to your room. I hope this does not prevent you from staying with us in the future.
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Great Price Under 90 after all the Taxes and Fees. With a Pet. Nice and Clean. Free Wifi. We had a room with 2 double beds A microwave and fridge.Also Blow dryer, Coffee Maker, Iron & Board. The Room was Fresh smelling which was Great. No yucky Old smoke Smell. AAAAA++++

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Trois-Rivieres, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stopped at this hotel on our way back to Canada. Let s go with the pros: right beside cracker barrel. There is free wifi but very slow, beds are pretty confotable , price is reasonable. Ths cons: small bathroom with tiles coming off the wall, long hair in shower stall, when you fish under table and beds to plug computer you realize that the carpet is VERY dirty with all kinds of remnants on it. Bedspread stained and finally outdoor door is ajar even with the lock on...Finally breakfast is on the lowest quality of the usual you expect: cold coffee, no fruits milk dispenser dirty.

Room Tip: Ask for room on groud floor, stairs are steep
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

If I would have known that the rooms open to the outside I would have stayed at another Choicehotel franchise. Just a personal preference here, I guess I should have done more research. The room itself however was fine. Clean beds, good pillows and towels, clean bathroom. The road noise at night is noticeable and I even heard a train passing nearby. We had a room with 2 double beds for $94 for one night before taxes. Breakfast is the usual continental fare with waffles and sausage patties for the hot choices. Overall it was OK for a night but that's about it. Free wifi and good TV viewing options. The room also had a microwave and fridge.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
qirrgm, General Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Rapids, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Here at Quality Inn our team and staff wanted to thank you for your feedback on your over night stay. We do use this information to make sure we are providing the best accomdations possible. Once again thanks and we look forward to serving your lodging needs in the near future.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

comfortable beds and a spacious clean room easy on/off to 95. price was excellent with a coupon we received at visitors center on the highway. free breakfast was adequate. bathroom seemed to have been redone....very clean with good quality towels and decent amenities. close to a variety of restaurants and businesses.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

This hotel is nice enough with clean rooms, acceptable amenities, routine free breakfast, etc. Check in was difficult as the ground floor room requested was not assigned and the staff didn't like the idea of having to change! Like so many older hotels, the bathrom is showing its age.

However, most importantly, what it lacks are the necessary amenities for today's travelers. There are no easily accessible outlets to hook up your laptop or recharge your cell phone. WiFi hookup is complicated and the TV just wants to sell movies, etc. The desk space is limited. Clearly, this is not the spot for the business traveler.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Quality Inn Roanoke Rapids? Share your experiences!