We stayed here just for one night to get a break from the city and I felt as rested as if we'd stayed a week. The welcome was very warm at the front desk and my toddler loved all the elephant statues around. We were early for check in but we were offered a choice of rooms. We stayed in the garden annex in the Ocean Liner room and I couldn't have been happier. The decor was beautiful, as was the view over the garden. You could see care had been taken in the set up of the room and the complimentary shot by the bed was something to look forward to!
Just a short walk away was the river meadow by the Thames which was extremely family friendly and peaceful.
We went for Dinner/Bed and Breakfast with the option of a late check out on Sunday for with lunch. The food was good, the portions were plentiful but the really outstanding thing was the staff. They were SO helpful, really considerate of our child and really keen to make sure we had everything we needed. We will definitely be back. Thanks again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Elephant offers its guests an experience of quirky luxury and a warm welcome, whether staying overnight, dining in the restaurant, or having a relaxed drink in the bar. All 22 bedrooms are individual and furnished with handcrafted furniture, rich ornamental rugs and opulent fabrics. The bar, known as Babar, has a bistro feel, serving simple but excellent British produce, while the restaurant offers beautifully cooked unpretentious food in elegant surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Elephant at Pangbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Elephant At Pangbourne Hotel Pangbourne
- The Elephant Hotel Pangbourne
- The Elephant Pangbourne