“Simple is sweet” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Reidsville
USA
“Simple is sweet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011 via mobile

By calling the Days Inn hotel directly, I reserved a room $10 cheaper than any other local hotela advertised on Kayak or Expedia, even though this hotel lists itself as "no rooms available" via online search engines (even on the Days Inn web site). Room was newly rennovated and immaculately clean. David at the Front Desk is very hospitable, polite, and treated us like family. Well-lit parking lot just off highway. Breakfast included!

• Stayed November 2011

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Whitsett, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011 via mobile

Very nice clean rooms. Quite. Nice people working front desk too.

• Stayed September 2011
Ormond Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Clean and comfortable room, rate was good, quiet and the bed and shower were functional. Breakfast should be called cereal and coffee..it was minimal but no big deal.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

I booked this stay online and was not sure what to expect with the other reviews on here. We arrived very early on our day of check in and was greeted promptly and courteously. We were allowed to check in as our room was ready ( a blessing after traveling for 12 hours!) Room smelled very nice and was a guaranteed non smoking room as requested! Had a bad TV they replaced it immediately upon notification! Breakfast in lobby was just as expected and perfect for the kids! Office staff directed us to some area activities and Housekeeping did as we asked! All in all was a great visit and I already tried to book for next year but reservations wont go that far!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

We were tired and checked in a little late. I always set the coffee pot up at night. The first thing I noticed was the pot was greasy....ewww! I washed it out good instead of complaining. The next morning I got a good look at the bathroom floor. It was covered in pubic hair and obviously hadn't been cleaned in a long time. Even the tile where baseboards would be was just filthy. Also the guest services brochure was greasy and dirty. I would not stay here again and I definitely would not recommend this place. Also the closest restaurants are about 8 miles away.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Hampton Roads, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2009

NICE THINGS:
Outside appearance looks nice
Pricing was a little high but ok for Days Inn in the middle of nowhere
Breakfast was ok, not great, but ok

BAD THINGS:
Carpet was sticky throughout the room
I could see my hand through the towel, they were that thin
Sheets were thin and wore out with holes in them
Room smelled of smoke in a non smoking room
The comforter had stains of some nature all over them
Loud guests up till 1:00 A.M. next door to me on both sides (construction)
The friendly front desk staff wasn't as friendly when you complain

No I will not go back, I was in town for business and almost overslept for my meeting because of my neighbors that night. It was easy to get to the hotel, but as the other post on here said, road traffic noise was pretty loud, and so was the gas station next door and their customer's boom boom music most of the night as well.

• Liked — convienence
  • Disliked — towels, sheets, bed
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Central Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2008

I booked a stay at this property online after searching for places to stay near Martinsville, VA for the second truck & Cup race there. Sometimes we've been disappointed by the condition of the properties or a particular room when using this method but I was tired of staying in Danville and everything in Martinsville and Eden was already booked. When I found this available listing I was overjoyed as I was thinking that we may need to stay in either Greensboro, NC or Roanoke, VA which are greater than 50 miles away.

Pulling up to the Inn, the place overall looked well kept. Check in was expertly and efficiently handled. When we got to the room the door looked brand new although you could see light streaming through where the weatherstripping didn't fit. There was a noticeable odor of fresh paint when we stepped inside but it wasn't overpowering and wasn't troublesome. Everything was in order and all the advertised amenities were available. The king-size bed was very firm. The carpet appeared to be new too. The lighting wasn't exactly spectacular but neither did it cause us any trouble.

Traffic noise in this particular location is loud in the early evening and keeping the heater/AC/fan going proved effective in masking this annoyance, later on (1-2 A.M.or so) we turned it off to enjoy the quietude.

The shower and water worked well. Water did pool in an area of the tub and had to be swished away with one's foot occasionally. The room was adequately cleaned each day although we did need to ask for additional towels every evening upon our return.

A free continental breakfast is included but we didn't take advantage of it and cannot comment upon its quality one way or the other.

I did notice that the parking lot was full to capacity each morning of our stay so that may pose a problem if your group has many vehicles.

All in all we experienced a pleasant stay at this inn and would not hesitate to go back again.

• Liked — It appeared recently remodeled
  • Disliked — The thin towels.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn of Reidsville? Share your experiences!