“Great Price and Everyone was Comfortable!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #37 of 80 hotels in Raleigh
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great Price and Everyone was Comfortable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

Loved this Marriott! They even provided a pack'n'play travel crib for my baby! There was a spacious living area, downstairs bedroom and kitchen, and upstairs bed and bath! Loved it, and would recommend it to anyone. We were in town for a Wiggles concert and it was right near the city center! Also, yummy breakfast! The only thing I didn't like was the small pool and it did not look especially clean to me. Overall, I would definitely recommend!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

130 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
salisbury, nc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

I was pleased with the room when initially arriving, but soon discovered a lack of towels. The front desk seemed busy so I was going to just grab a couple from the pool area, except they were out of towels as well. While at the pool, I decided against the hot tub since it had obvious debris floating on the water and another guest reported it was cold. The front desk did provide me with towels later and apologized for the inconvenience. The next morning the line for breakfast was out the door. When I did make it to the eating area, the food selection was empty in many areas, or you had to wait for 7/8 others in front of you to get to the serving area. It took 18 minutes to get to my turn to make a waffle. There was no coffee, the pot was empty , and the orange juice was nothing more than colored water. The seating area was so crowded that you had to take what food you could get out to the dirty pool to have a place to eat. When I complained to the front desk, he replied that it was a holiday weekend and that they were hosting a family reunion and a soccer team. I would suggest that they either arrange for more staff, or limit their bookings if they aren't able to provide for guest accomodations at what I would have expected to be a nice place.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

I landed the Residence Inn off Priceline. I t thought the price was very fair; when I got here, I realized what a steal I'd gotten.

For openers, this hotel was a first-generation Residence Inn; the rooms, as previously noted by others, are abnormally large. There's a complete kitchenette with a stove, microwave, full refrigerator and dishwasher. There's a work area/dining table adjacent. A sofa and recliner are on the other side, with a smaller sized TV. There are several closets for you to store your stuff in so that your suitcase doesn't stay in the middle of the room. The bathroom area is small...no getting around that, but it's very comfortable.

The staff is highly eager to make sure your stay goes flawlessly. At one point, I was having trouble with the shower....no hot water. The engineer came not once, but twice, before I realized that the handle moved in the *opposite* direction from what seemed normal. To his credit, he didn't call me an idiot. The cleaning staff came in the late afternoon to make up my room, after I sent them away at 8am.

There's also a free breakfast *and* dinner. No, it's not gourmet...but dinner tonight was BBQ'd hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken breast burgers, served with lettuce, tomato and red onion. Also, free soft drinks, light beer and (bad) wine. Pretty darned good eating for the price.

In addition, the Residence Inn's location is superb. My client is in the northeast corner, off the Raleigh Beltline. I was two minutes away. Downtown is 10 minutes away. RDU is 30 minutes or so.

If you're a business traveler, make sure you look for a room ending with the number "1;" as the hotel was built in 1985, it is not overly Internet-friendly. The WAPs they've installed seem to be located more in this area. I initially started out with a room ending in a "3;" the WiFi signal was non-existent, but the staff changed me over promptly with no hassle at all.

Most people who stay in this area will choose the Hilton, which is right next door and a very fine hotel in its own right. But for what it does, the amenities it offers, and at a fair price, I'm going to have trouble beating this Residence Inn.

(Note: others have complained about a nearby neighborhood. I felt perfectly safe going from my car to my room and vice versa. I didn't go for a walk...too humid and hot to do so anyway,)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Englewood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

My group (from Englewood, New Jersey) had 17 rooms at the Residence Inn Midtown, Raleigh, NC. Heather Hayes managed our group with care and consideration for special needs. She saw that all my seniors were in first floor rooms and made changes ahead of our arrival to help my large group. Our coach broke, leaving us without our planned transportation for touring local sites. Heather allowed Wayne the shuttle driver to be our temporary transportation to the Capital complex. The Hotel manager found afternoon transportation with a local shuttle company that treated my group as though we had been expected. Because of the calm resourcefulnes of the staff at this hotel, my group did not miss a beat on our planned tour. Everyone enjoyed the cleanliness of the hotel and the variety of offerings for breakfast and the dinner snack.

• Stayed August 2010
New Rochelle, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

Stayed at the Residence Inn for a family wedding. Being from New York, we were so surprised at the quality of the room for the price that we paid! The kitchen, fireplace, sink space... everything was modern and impressive.

Also, the townhouse style of the complex, pool, etc. made the stay enjoyable. For the wedding, our family stayed at other hotels in the area and when they saw ours, they wished they had stayed there.

Make sure you stock up your fridge/kitchen with food from the local Trader Joes (how convenient!).

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

Uh ok - so there is a neighborhood just past the hotel that is mostly latino. So?? Unlike typical suburban vanilla culture - they actually come outside and talk to each other. However, they were not dangerous looking or gun toting. People have too much fear of anything not just like themselves. They are actually missing out on life. I live in the Raleigh area and frequently use this hotel as a getaway for writing. I know it is not a "high crime area". It is disappointing and sad that "visitors" see some young people of color in their own neighborhood - daring to actually be outside - and equate that to fear and danger. The apartment complex is NOT a public housing complex. For the reviewer that shaid they were concerned about a sign that said keep doors locked - well, I have never been to a hotel that did not say this - thus that is why they have safes in the room. Locking doors is just common sense and has nothing to do with being near a majority latino community. Shame on you. Again - trust me - I live here. Anyway - I love this hotel and would not choose any other place for my in town writing getaway. The front desk staff is wonderfil and accommodating. The rooms are perfect with great fully equiped kitchen. They even remembered to include cork screw - unlike hotels that keep them at front desk so that you can tip someone to bring it to you. The room is very comfortable and they have nice theme dinners during the week. Perfect get away for professors and others that need nice quiet writing space. I highly recommend this hotel. Very nice rooms and close to good restaurants, mall and other stuff. Close to downtown and very cool nightlife. Ignore the whole scary neighborhood stuff. People that do not look like you are not out to get you. Aint that America! - a cool wonderful colorful place. Love it.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
seaford, n
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

We had an extended stay in Raleigh due to an adoption that took longer than expected. The price was right, room was wonderful, Inn was clean, food was great, and the staff was fantastic.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Raleigh? Share your experiences!