“Definitely worth a try” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 80 hotels in Raleigh
new york
“Definitely worth a try”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

My husband and I recently traveled to Raleigh, North Carolina for both business and pleasure. After an extensive search, I chose the Residence Inn at this location and all in all, we were very pleased. The service was excellent, the staff was friendly and helpful, the room was clean and the full breakfast buffet was really a nice touch and a money saver for us. We had an issue with our neighbors above us for a night or two with allowing their children to run around and scream above us until midnight but when we spoke to the front desk, they were very quick to respond to our issue and that night, the noise ended a lot earlier. We booked a studio and the room was a nice size for us. It had everything that we could have needed/wanted. There was a little picnic area with tables, grills and rocking chairs and I know in the warmer months, we would have put that pool and jacuzzi to good use. Really a very good value for your money and the location was excellent and very very quiet.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

130 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
San Francisco, Ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

The shower was old and dirty. The front desk wouldn't pick up often enough. The dishes were missing lids, etc and when I asked for a lid to the pot, they said someone would look at it the next day. And the next day no one had looked at it. I will not stay here again.

My room was the "executive suite" or some fancy name but it really didn't feel like a suite. It has more of a motel feel to it than a hotel feel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

I stayed here with my wife and twin three year old girls and have to say that the stay was the best we could of expected. the help are top shelf and Marriott should do everything in their power to keep the likes of Whayne Cook and his coworkers. If my place of work were in this area I would sure hope to receive help with their expert skills. They were all so friendly to my children and family that I would surely try this Hotel for yourself. We stayed her Three weeks. Sincerely, Tom&Cris Benrimo

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

I stayed in a Kingsize bedroom at the Navaho Dr location in Raleigh NC recently and everything was great. The room was beautifully decorated and furnished. There was a nice kitchen, living room area, huge bed and nice bathroom/dressing area. The kitchen had appliances, pots, pans and glasses. It is located in a convenient and quiet area off Wake Forest Rd near the beltway. They have a great full breakfast buffet set up in the dining area of the office!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

I live in New York City, work in Television and travel very often. When searching for hotels in the Raleigh area, I came across several. I left messages for the managers to see if the hotel could meet my company's needs. Shellena Atlas was one of the few people that called me back and after five minutes of conversation, I decided to stay at the Residence Inn. Shellena made me feel comfortable during our phone meeting and upon my stay at the hotel so did her staff (to name a few Wayne, Heather, Michael and Edris). The staff went above and beyond their way to accommodate my needs. My stay was great.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
generalmanagernavaho, General Manager at Residence Inn Raleigh, responded to this review, May 26, 2009
Thank you for your comments about the Residence inn Raleigh. I am pleased to hear that our Sales Manager responded quickly to your needs. It is the desire of all our staff to make your hotel stay a home away from home while you are on business. Thanks Again!
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2008

This hotel is laid out in an apartment/condominium style settting. The buildings are attractively landscaped - it feels like you are coming home to an apartment instead of a hotel room.

The room had a working fireplace, full kitchen (with full size fridge, dishwasher, oven, microwave, cooktop and sink), living area and bed/bathroom all in a studio layout. The furnishings were attractive and comfortable.

There was a nightly light dinner Mon - Thurs and a wonderful hot breakfast in the mornings. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel for any length of time - even if it is just for one night. I will be staying here anytime I have to travel to Raleigh on business or pleasure.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Raleigh Residence Inn. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the landscaping at the hotel. It truely contributes to the residential feel of the property. I am happy that you liked the spacious feel and the layout of the kitchen. Our Hospitality attendants work hard to provide a hot breakfast buffet each morning and our evening hospitality, Monday through Thursday. I am glad to hear that you found them exeptional friendly and accomodating.
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2008

I was in Raleigh on business for a few nights and brought the family (wife, 2 young children) with for the first time. We chose the Residence Inn because of the inexpensive 2 bedroom suites with kitchen. The property did not disappoint.

The Residence Inn is not known for its amenities, and you won't find many here; just comfortable, clean, large suites in a secure, comfortable setting.

I asked for a room near the pool at check-in and am very happy I did as the nearby highway noise would likely have been problematic otherwise. The 2-story, 2-bedroom suite was more than enough for us for 3 nights or (maybe) even 3 weeks. The free breakfast every morning was fantastic, and the grounds provided a nice area for walks with the little ones when needed.

My only complaint was that the room smelled slightly of moth balls (my wife thought maybe it was new carpet smell) and the tub had some mold or mildew in places not easily reached (or seen).

• Liked — Large rooms
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Raleigh Residence Inn. Our guests consistantly appreciate the value they receive from Residence Inn. I am glad that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast each morning. The slight odor that you experienced in the room was from the newly installed granite countertops. The odor has since cleared. Thank you for bringing the tub mildew to our attention. It has been corrected.

Been to Residence Inn Raleigh? Share your experiences!