“Very nice for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #37 of 80 hotels in Raleigh
Conway, North Carolina
“Very nice for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were impressed with the size of the room/loft. It was nice having a full size kitchen. Room was clean. Smelled of smoke when we walked in though it's non-smoking. May have been old smoke and the air hasn't been on. Had to call the front desk about ants in the kitchen and had to report leaking dishwasher. Pool and hot tub were nice. Food was delicious and social hour was nice.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is one of the most pleasant places I have stayed! The grounds and pool are very well kept and clean.
All staff were pleasant and helpful. Room was very clean. The light went out in our bathroom in the evening and we forgot to mention it before we went out the next morning. That afternoon, maintenance arrived to replace the light bulb and we were puzzled how they knew it needed replacing. Housekeeping had actually reported the bulb needing to be replaced and it was taken care of right away. The breakfast is very good and has a great variety. Location is great. We definitely will stay here when in the area.

Room Tip: We were in a room by the pool and the pool hours are such (10am-8pm) that it was no problem.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Youngsville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Entered the bathroom and found a cockroach. The AC in our room was noisy and the ice maker scared me, sounds like a fire cracker. Breakfast was good, great choices, I liked that they had something savory.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

My daughter loved the pool. Very clean. The location was great. The food was good. The staff was attentive and friendly. We would definitely come back. The dinner social exceeded my expectations. It's a must stay, especially for the price.

• Stayed August 2013
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed in a 2brm (with a loft) fireplace room. It was very a comfortable stay. My hubby was working locally and it suited his business needs and family needs to boot. The hotel was located about 15 minutes from a great walk around Johnson Lake. We love the Residence Inn because of breakfast included and evening light fare. Coffee all day is a great perk too! We loved our stay here!

• Stayed June 2013
IAD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

If you are Marriott elite member or on a business trip I would not recommend this place. This residence inn is very run down, need immediate make-over,staffs are burnt out if you compare with other similar residence inns. Personally, check-in staff refused to check out some detail in my reservation which lead to the apparent billing error. It took a while to fix the issue. My experience with front desk staffs, breakfast attendants and cleaning staffs was consistently negative throughout my stay. I could not believe my experience over a month when I tried to fix my billing issue. I guess staffs were not properly trained and too tired of families in pool. I have seen so many family guests in the property pool. The property turned into a sort of mad houses near my unit because of partying everywhere at night. I suggest that you avoid here for any future problems.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

It's been a few years since I reviewed this Residence Inn and decided to add an updated review. This has become my "go to" hotel when I'm in Raleigh. There is something about this property that just appeals to me. It's not plush, it's not a resort, It just feels comfortable. There is something about this old style Residence Inn that pulls off the feel of a nicely aged apartment complex. The landscaping is mature and the common and outdoor areas are appealing. To top it off, the location is very convenient to a lot of areas in Raleigh. Plus the price for this property is very reasonable compared to their competition and sister properties.

Since my last stay, they have updated the rooms. My studio room was quite large and comfortable, and most importantly - clean. There is plenty of room to be happy if you needed to stay for more than a few days. As usual, the staff was friendly and accommodating.

As for amenities close by, you have several restaurant choice close by or you can hop on I-440 and travel and exit or two for even more options. There is a Trader Joe's, Kroger and Costco within a mile.

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the front of the property, as the property backs up to I-440.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Raleigh? Share your experiences!