“Location and room were great.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #38 of 80 hotels in Raleigh
“Location and room were great.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

My daughter loved the pool. Very clean. The location was great. The food was good. The staff was attentive and friendly. We would definitely come back. The dinner social exceeded my expectations. It's a must stay, especially for the price.

• Stayed August 2013

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed in a 2brm (with a loft) fireplace room. It was very a comfortable stay. My hubby was working locally and it suited his business needs and family needs to boot. The hotel was located about 15 minutes from a great walk around Johnson Lake. We love the Residence Inn because of breakfast included and evening light fare. Coffee all day is a great perk too! We loved our stay here!

• Stayed June 2013
IAD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

If you are Marriott elite member or on a business trip I would not recommend this place. This residence inn is very run down, need immediate make-over,staffs are burnt out if you compare with other similar residence inns. Personally, check-in staff refused to check out some detail in my reservation which lead to the apparent billing error. It took a while to fix the issue. My experience with front desk staffs, breakfast attendants and cleaning staffs was consistently negative throughout my stay. I could not believe my experience over a month when I tried to fix my billing issue. I guess staffs were not properly trained and too tired of families in pool. I have seen so many family guests in the property pool. The property turned into a sort of mad houses near my unit because of partying everywhere at night. I suggest that you avoid here for any future problems.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

It's been a few years since I reviewed this Residence Inn and decided to add an updated review. This has become my "go to" hotel when I'm in Raleigh. There is something about this property that just appeals to me. It's not plush, it's not a resort, It just feels comfortable. There is something about this old style Residence Inn that pulls off the feel of a nicely aged apartment complex. The landscaping is mature and the common and outdoor areas are appealing. To top it off, the location is very convenient to a lot of areas in Raleigh. Plus the price for this property is very reasonable compared to their competition and sister properties.

Since my last stay, they have updated the rooms. My studio room was quite large and comfortable, and most importantly - clean. There is plenty of room to be happy if you needed to stay for more than a few days. As usual, the staff was friendly and accommodating.

As for amenities close by, you have several restaurant choice close by or you can hop on I-440 and travel and exit or two for even more options. There is a Trader Joe's, Kroger and Costco within a mile.

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the front of the property, as the property backs up to I-440.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Reykjavik, Iceland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

If you are going to stay in Raleigh this is the place to stay. The room was spacious, very clean and the pool area is very nice and very clean. The only thing I can complain about is that the pool area opens at 10 in the morning. When the weather is nice I don´t understand why this area is closed, I would open it at 8 am. When you are on vacation and you would like to use the whirlpool you can't until 10!!! The breakfast was ok but the BBQ was nice surprised and appreciated.

Room Tip: We stayed at the second floor in house number 9, very nice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cold Spring, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed for about a week and the amenities were great. The breakfast every morning was great with eggs, sausage, canadian bacon, pancakes, waffles, muffins, yogurt, great coffee and much more. The dinner during the week were very enjoyable, especially Wednesdays. The pool and the hot tub were nice, the jets on the hot tub were more bubblers than jets. The room was great with a full kitchen. The only thing I would recommend would be for them to provide non- stick pans. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor. The bottom floor you here some creeking from the people above.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Seneca, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We staid here for Artsplosure, the Raleigh Arts Festival. The rooms have space, but they could use some renovation. Room was clean and bed was comfortable to sleep. The desk had only 2 electric outlets so if you have more gadgets, bring some extension cords. The popcorn ceiling in the bathroom had missing texture and the build-in dishwasher was not framed properly and very loose. The HBO TV guide was still from the previous month (April) and we had May 19. It fooled me for an hour as the movie I was expecting did not come. The TV antenna connection was loose/damaged and it was almost impossible to watch TV without "the snow". The shrubs between the buildings next to the walkways needed cutting to avoid getting wet. The staff opened the breakfast room in the morning without checking that Orange juice needs a refill. Several people mentioned it to the staff but they did not seem to care. Also, the outdoor pool area was full of wet towels around the pool. I guess they do not disappear automatically. I would come back, but I hope the management will take some time to work on the core values and make it like a good Residence Inn by Marriott.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Raleigh? Share your experiences!