“Thanks again to Sheraton Raleigh” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #42 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh
Singapore, Singapore
“Thanks again to Sheraton Raleigh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I first visited the Sheraton Raleigh in May and was treated with utmost courtesy and professionalism. We are back to spend several days in Chapel Hill and find it worthwhile to travel to and from Raleigh in order to stay at the hotel. The front desk staff are consistently polite and helpful - my particular thanks to Erin who helped me with an international document I could not print. Jimmy V's chef and staff checked ingredients for us to make sure my son's meals were gluten free. Housekeeping are wonderful, it is a pleasure to stay here.
On top of all these pluses, the Club Room at this Sheraton must be the best in the country. At some Sheratons it's not worth choosing a club floor room. At the Sheraton Raleigh, it's a money saver. A lovely breakfast and dinner is served each day (filet mignon last was available last night), and a variety of snacks are there throughout the day. For me, the best part of the Club Room is the staff. Musulyn and Sharon were there during my first visit. They guided me through my first foray into North Carolina, with excellent local knowledge and recommendations. Four months later they both remembered me, welcomed me back and asked questions that showed they remembered why I was in town. This is simply outstanding customer service. They are a pleasure to deal with and I cannot thank them enough for their thoughtfulness. Thanks to Sharon and Musulyn, this hotel has a lifetime customer.

Room Tip: A club room is absolutely worth the investment here.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
SheratonRaleighMgt, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Raleigh Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
We are thrilled to hear that we have earned a lifetime guest from exceeding your expectations time and time again. We are proud of all of our associates, and Sharon and Musulyn will be acknowledged for their wonderful customer service. We look forward to welcoming you back as often as possible. Thank you for your continued loyalty, and wonderful feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Valdese, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I stayed here for 4 days having made a reservation through hot wire.
Day 1: Checking in and formalities were great. Added the club room package for 30 a day that gives you access to the club lounge on the 17th Floor.
Got a Room on the 14th floor, the chair was in tatters from use. There were stains on one headboard, hair in the tub... Ughhhhhh. YES THIS IS SHERATON.
Got shifted to another room where the light was in tatters. But one of the staff was very helpful and nice. If i remember correctly her name was Paula.
Day 2. Went to the lounge around 10 made a coffee and sat down and this lady comes in and informs me not to use the cups as she is alone or something... Which I thought was rude, as it was not a free service and I was paying for it.
Day 3. We were still sleeping and this drilling and hammering noise starts. I called the front desk and they said some construction is going on. Awesome no prior notice or relocation to another floor.
I get a parking folio where my address is in Indonesia... Yes Indonesia.
Day 4. The noise wakes us up again and this time it's just more. Called the front desk and thanked them for waking me up, and the lady Christina said she will check with the engineering and get back to me which she never did.
I also told her about the wrong address which she said, is this not your address....!!!!!
The hotel is not that great either, but the staff on day one was excellent and then things went downhill.
I won't stay at this property again as the callous non caring attitude was the final nail.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
SheratonRaleighMgt, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Raleigh Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback. We are disappointed to hear that your stay did not exceed your expectations. We will bring these details to the attention of proper management, and we will improve the overall service our associates are presenting to our guests. We hope that we are lucky to welcome you back in the future, so that we may exceed your expectations.
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Recently stayed at the Sheraton Downtown Raleigh while in town for the weekend. Hotel was in good condition, service was attentive and very convenient (walking distance) to many downtown attractions.

Restaurant just off the lobby is Jimmy V's and we had several drinks and appetizers there - very inviting and nice vibe. Great open air kitchen. Service was good both nights.

Rooms were well appointed and clean - all in all a good value for the rate. Would definitely return.

Nice gym and workout facility as well.

Room Tip: club level room on 17th floor has a nice club lounge with good breakfast offering.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
SheratonRaleighMgt, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Raleigh Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time during your recent stay. We are lucky to be in the downtown area, where our guests are able to walk to over 60 restaurants and attractions. We appreciate the feedback, and we look forward to your return!
Greenville, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Was a great stay for one night on business. The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of several hotels. The bed was very comfortable. The only issue I had was the desk chair was rather worn and needed to be replaced which is pretty minor as the rest of the room was quite nice. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
SheratonRaleighMgt, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Raleigh Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay at the Sheraton Raleigh Hotel. Being centrally located in Downtown Raleigh gives our guest access to over 60 restaurants and numerous attractions. We look forward to your return, and we appreciate your feedback.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

This place is across the street from the convention center and beyond convenient for the downtown meetings you'll be going to. Unlike others who have written posts about the rooms, I found mine to be very nice and updated. The cleaning of the bathroom could have been slightly better, but nothing disgusting or worth rejecting the room over. The bed was very comfortable and the room incredibly quiet - I had no issues sleeping throughout the night.

As others have stated the staff here is very helpful. I was traveling with a co-worker who is gluten-free and they managed to make her amazing gluten-free pancakes as part of the breakfast buffet as well as help her send out a fax after the sales office had closed down.

The only downside as far as I can tell is that there is no parking in the hotel, you have to park across the street from the property (it's not the walk, but the luggage and sometimes the weather). Also, when you enter from the street where the garage is (which is the street address provided) you see signs for all sorts of things (rental cars) but not for which escalator gets you to the front desk, nor a bellhop to help you with your bags.

Short of that - it was a great property with friendly staff in the right location.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The feedback regarding the cleanliness is being relayed to the Director of Housekeeping, and will be improved when we welcome you back in the future. We are overjoyed to hear that our in-house restaurant was able to accommodate dietary requests and see to it that you received the best service. Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with feedback.
Annandale, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Imagine my surprise when Priceline told me we had booked a room at the SHERATON in Downtown Raleigh. We were so excited to have a chance to check out this place that we had passed by on every trip to Raleigh.

Then I was totally dismayed to discover that in addition to the booking price of the room, we will have to fork out money not only for parking but also for in-room internet access. The only place we have found that charges for internet has been at resort locations outside the US.

As a premium price hotel, I feel that are trying to take every dime. We won't make that mistake again. Now I am definite skeptical as to the quality of the room and other features.

More review after the stay.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are currently in the process of checking our site postings in order to ensure that no guest is misled when it comes to internet and parking fees. With being a full-service hotel in a downtown location, internet and parking do have a daily fee. We appreciate the feedback, and we hope that we can welcome you back soon.
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stayed here to attend a wedding in downtown Raleigh. The location was great and the staff was nice but that's the only plus to this hotel.

The chairs in the room were old and damaged, and the bathroom looked like a gas station bathroom.

Other guests in our party had issues with their rooms as well. Someone's shower did not work and they had to switch rooms.

The lobby looked nice and the front desk staff said the company is looking to renovate the rooms soon.

I would not stay here until the renovation is complete because right now this hotel is only one step up from a hotel 6.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our warm and welcoming associates. We do apologize for the status of the furniture in your guest room. We are in the process of changing out a few items in the guest rooms. We hope that we can welcome you back in the future, to truly exceed your expectations.

Been to Sheraton Raleigh Hotel? Share your experiences!