“Poor Customer Service Before I Arrived” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #42 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh
“Poor Customer Service Before I Arrived”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I booked a hotel room for two nights here, but because of circumstances I had to cancel. I called in and heard the recording:

"Press 2 for new reservations only"
"Press 3 for existing reservations"

So I pressed 3. Karen Williams picked up the phone and I explained that I needed to cancel my reservation. She said I need to press #2. I explained that the recording said that #2 was for new reservations only. Before I could finish my sentence I was put back into the loop of the recording. I pressed 3 again because I wanted to finish my sentence with Karen Williams. This time, I heard her pick up and then she hung up on me. I dialed back in (international calls aren't cheap) and pressed 3 again. I asked Karen why she hung up the phone on me. She said I have to press #2. I explained this was very rude, but she didn't seem to understand.

I'd recommend staying at the Marriott if you'd like a better customer service experience ... or at least the Sheraton could teach Karen Williams how to treat customers.

The recording

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Huntsville, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Had an overall good experience here. Was here for a conference. My room was clean and nice. The Internet was free but just in in speed. Barely adequate. I ordered room service one night and it was good.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Probably would not have chosen this property except we were able to book at corporate rate ($100 + less than advertised rate). Locating the reception desk was a challenge, but we were greeted warmly and was in the room quickly. All amenities are above average...but the bed & bed coverings are a plus....one of the best sleeping beds I have ever enjoyed. Free wifi & self parking.....on-site restaurant & coffee shop (other eateries right outside) ...the only negative I encountered were the myriad of street people who jump on you in succession asking for money (right outside the door of the Hotel) ....there were security guards on duty Friday night late, but not a single one
In-sight at 7:30 am.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SRH434, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Raleigh Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for your recent feedback. We have recently added signs in the lower level lobby to direct guests to our newly renovated front desk in the atrium level, which is on the second floor and faces Fayetteville St. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit with us.
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

The service was excellent & everyone at the front desk was very helpful. They arranged a car for us for a very early flight. Just a bit run down - though it looked like they were doing some renovations. The addition of Jimmy V's bar/restaurant is a huge boost - very cool place. Great location downtown, especially if you are going to the convention center.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SRH434, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Raleigh Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for your recent feedback. We appreciate your business, and will be sure to notify housekeeping with notes from your observations.
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Review? One Word....Excellent!!! From check in to the checkout, the staff was wonderful, the rooms were spacious and CLEAN....Beds were to die for!!!! Food at the hotel bar was great....try the Calimari and Rock Fish....you won't be disappointed.

Only complain was the street noise at night....seems like the Skateboard Convention must have been in town...but the hotel has no control.

Room Tip: I was on the 7th Floor and could hear street noise...some family was on the 15th and heard nothing...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
SRH434, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Raleigh Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for your most recent feedback. We appreciate your business and certainly look forward to your next stay with us.
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a major disappointment. It does not live up to the Sheraton name. The room was dingy, the carpet was dirty, and the white hotel reeked of 1978. This hotel has inconvenient parking at a lot across the street. Service was mediocre. If you have to stay downtown, find somewhere else. Better yet, stay away from downtown Raleigh, which is inconvenient, unhip, and generally a hassle for parking for such a small city.

• Stayed November 2012
SRH434, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Raleigh Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for your recent feedback. We appreciate your observations and agree that the hotel was in need of renovation. We are on the tail end of a multi-million dollar renovation that has redesigned the lobby/welcome spaces, meeting spaces have been given a face-lift, and the brand new Jimmy V's Osteria+Bar has added a great energy to our downtown property. We have also added a pre-stay message to all guests about parking and look forward to showing you all of the new features the Sheraton Raleigh Hotel has to offer.
Rochester, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The Sheraton Raleigh Hotel is in convenient location where you can easily and safely walk to restaurants, art galleries, entertainment, shops, etc. I highly recommend the area for a long weekend. The hotel was reasonably priced, WiFi was complimentary and parking was inexpensive. Our room on the 12th floor was clean but worn and amenities were very basic. The room was very warm when we checked in and both the AC and heat came on when we tried to cool the room. We had to call twice before someone came to the room. The maintenance person was very professional and told us that many rooms were having the same problem. He was able to fix the system in 10 minutes. There was a very strong musty smell in the room that permeated clothing and luggage. I had to wash or air out everything that we had with us. The hotel did not have a business center available for printing boarding passes. Late at night there was outside noise from a band and people on the plaza.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
SRH434, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Raleigh Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for leaving feedback from your most recent stay. We truly value your observations and utilize comments to help enhance the overall guest experience. We appreciate your patience during your stay, our engineers worked day and night to remedy the HVAC issues we were experiencing. The Link @ Sheraton Powered by Microsoft is now up and running in the atrium level of the hotel. Additionally, we have added a boarding pass kiosk at the front desk to allow guests to easily print passes on the go.

Been to Sheraton Raleigh Hotel? Share your experiences!