“Room” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 83 Hotels in Raleigh
Maricopa, Arizona
“Room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We checked in to the downtown Sheraton on the 19th of December for the night. We were greeted by very good staff. The first thing that we saw was that one had to park accrost the street. That in itsself is not the problem. What is a problem is when it is raining. There is no covered walk to stay dry. We were on the 13th floor with a room that had stained carpets and were not clean. A chair had about two inches of the arm rest that was torn and tattered. Yhe room was stuffy and the a/c din not cool the room to the desired temp. The pool area was typical
in that it was indoor and very noisy with children that were not being watched by their parents. We felf like baby sitters. Lastly the food the next morning was not very good and was not worth what was being charged. The $135 was not worth the experence.

Room Tip: Stay to the higher floors. This will allow for the sights.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Leon C, General Manager at Sheraton Raleigh Hotel, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you for your most recent comments concerning your stay. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences experienced during your stay. Over the next couple weeks during our down time, the carpets in all guest rooms will be addressed with cleaning. During the first quarter, our restaurant will undergo a complete transition and renovation along with public space and some of our guest rooms. We are also working on parking solutions which will change some of your mentioned challenges. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me personally for additional information concerning our renovation. Thank you much.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Greeted by warm and helpful staff. My hotel room was very adequate with a comfortable bed and modern room furniture. Some minor suggestions to move this rating from 4 stars to 5 stars. Only two towels per king room. If you take multiple showers you need more than two towels. The hallway noise echoes terribly from the ice machine far down the hall to conversations and doors closing. The hotel staff has placed signs in the elevator encouraging guests to keep their voices low. Maybe it is time to put some soundproofing in place to help with this problem. A very major complaint is that you must pay $10 a day for wi-fi in your hotel room. It is time for this hotel chain to move out of the dark ages. Most chains are now offering free wifi. This hotel is very convenient to museums, restaurants, and music venues. All in all, this is a very good place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent comments and suggestions. Please know that we take them seriously and appreciate them. Some of the sound proofing mentioned will be addressed in an upcoming renovation. Our team will work very hard to reduce noise in our halls simply by monitoring them better. Please let me know if I can assist with any other concerns. Thanks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a conference at the convention center. I parked in a public lot between the Sheraton and convention center - all 3 entrances were in a nice little row. There is a bridge to convention center but it would have taken longer. There are places to eat within walking distance. The room was perfectly nice. I was disappointed in room service- i got oatmeal - no spoon, no butter or sugar- just a fruit garnish. Also let me do a little early check in. I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012
Gainesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We were greeted warmly and professionally by the front desk manager who checked us in, in advance as we were from hundreds of miles out of town and happened to arrive very early. He arranged for an incredible top floor room with all the amenities in the Club Lounge. Christine E, manager of the top floor Club, did everything to accommodate us as we enjoyed the wonderful food and beverages that she so professionally provided. All was impressively elegant and excellent throughout. Our thanks to all of the fanatasitc management and staff of this exemplary hotel. We have stayed here a few times before and it has always been great, although this experience topped all!

Room Tip: Higher floors and south side seem better to us.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I paid a little extra for a "club floor" room because of the advertised internet access.

My "club floor" room was not on the club's floor, and it seemed to be equipped very much like the non-club room I had at this hotel in the past. No fridge. Quiet ventilation. The window did not open. Housekeeping was strong on cleanliness, but undependable about restocking what I consumed.

The club! The wifi worked great, although the signal was unprotected. The fridge had little yogurts, juices, and sodas. A basket of fruit balanced on the attendant's desk. But with the club's TV blaring, I could not use the internet to focus on anything serious.

Tip: Pack toothpaste! Depending on when you arrive, you might not be able to get essentials at the hotel shop or even the CVS up Fayetteville Street. That CVS closes at 1PM on Saturdays! I saw a guy groveling and pleading at the front desk for something from the hotel shop after hours, and all he got was the information that the shop would open at 7AM.

Room Tip: My 15th-floor room vibrated harshly, I think there may be mechanical stuff on 14.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Leon C, General Manager at Sheraton Raleigh Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. With this feedback we will ensure we focus on the consistency of replacing items when refreshing rooms during guest stayovers. Toiletry items will be added to the front desk. So the next time guest forget items, we will make sure these items are stocked for your convenience. If I can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. Thank you
Rock Hill, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Sheraton has a great name and reputation. I read some of the reviews before I booked this hotel. I really didn't have a choice, being there for a conference. When I pulled in the front to check in, I was impressed with the outside of the hotel. When I walked in, the hotel was beautiful. I was there for a conference and the majority of the people were staying at the Marriott. I ended up at the Sheraton because I booked late. But I'm glad I stayed at the Sheraton.

The front desk clerk was very nice and it took no time for me to check in. The bellhop employee, Kevin, was a sweetheart. He chatted with me as he took my luggage to my room. He was very nice. Imagine my surprise when I opened the door to my room. It was nice. I had a King rooom. It was very spacious and loved the flat screen television. The bed slept like I was in heaven. Everything was clean and smelled good.

I have no complaints about my stay. I am very particular about who I stay with. I will pay the extra money to stay comfortable. If I am ever in the area, I will definitely stay at the Sheraton. I bragged to my coworkers about how nice the Sheraton was. They were staying at the Marriott. Thank you Sheraton for making my three day stay worth all the money. Oh, I forgot to mention that the Sheraton is located downtown where everything is in walking distance to all the restaurants and directly across the street from the Convention Center! Loved it!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Christine E, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Raleigh Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Tamara68, Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. Your correspondence has been forwarded to the General Manager as well, to give Kevin additional accolades. Please know we value your patronage, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Raleigh Hotel.
Hubert, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was here for a state conference in late October. The hotel is kitty cornered from the convention center and is within walking distance of the state capital, the best museum in the state (History) and lots of fabulous restaurants. The room was clean and housekeeping was good. King size bed very comfortable. The only thing I would mention would be no fridge or microwave in the rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a roo.m above the 3 floor for a quieter experience
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sixgunkitty, It was a pleasure to note how much you have enjoyed your stay with us as well as the attractions of our great city. We apologize your expectations were not met regarding the in-room refrigerator and microwave and your comments have been directed to those concerned. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we sincerely hope we may continue to have the pleasure of your company in the future.

Been to Sheraton Raleigh Hotel? Share your experiences!