“Wow, what an Upgrade for our Anniversary!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #42 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh
Youngsville, NC
“Wow, what an Upgrade for our Anniversary!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We live about 30 minutes North of Downtown Raleigh, but on a farm so the work never stops. For our 28th Wedding Anniversary we decided to go downtown to the Sheraton and make dinner reservations and just have a night in the City. We are Starwoods Members so booked through the 800# and mentioned to the Customer Service Rep that we were celebrating our anniversary and if there was an opportunity to be upgraded it would be great... she made the note and we were booked in a traditional King room! The day before our check-in we received an email from the Front Desk Manager, Diana that we were being upgraded to the Governor's Suite - WOW what can we say? We got there Saturday and the room wasn't ready since we were there way early (lunch time) and they took our luggage, we met Diana and she took my # to call when it was ready. We scooted to Fayetteville Street Mall to wander around and lucked up that Sparkcon an street art event was going on with cool vendors, bands, artists, etc. Got a call around 1 p.m. and the room was ready to we headed up to the 15th floor and entered the room with mouths wide open - lol 2 room Suite with wet bar area, huge living/dining room with 6 person dining table, 2 bathrooms, huge bed and bathroom with jacuzzi tub. Needless to stay we were honored and excited and can't thank the Sheraton enough for professionalism from start to finish and also a recognition of past loyalty and celebration! Thanks for a great, great night! We will be back - maybe even for New Year's Eve!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

This is a perfectly situated hotel in downtown Raleigh. It is part of an office complex and convenient to a number of downtown restaurants. The room are typical (in a good way) of a business class hotel (flat screen, decent bed, reactive heat and a/c, etc.). There if free wifi that is reasonably fast. I had two problems with the room: the light bulbs were missing from the floor and desk lamps. I suspect that the previous guest stole them (how insane is that). The other was that the remote control to the TV didn't work. They sent up a replacement promptly (I didn't mention the light bulbs). The bar and restaurant are also typical of a hotel with a predictable dinner menu and a breakfast buffet. One problem was that I received the wrong check at both dinner and breakfast, and both were substantially higher than what I had actually ordered. They have a nice business center with credit card activated computers and a printer. But the biggest problem was the parking. There is no valet parking and the parking garage is across the street but requires a drive through an alley to find. Then you have to drag your luggage across the street in the rain and down a set of stairs to get to the hotel. That's awkward but the worst part is the price. You present you ticket from the garage at the desk upon check in and are charged $12 a a day for parking. As I drove out with my validated ticket, I asked the parking cashier how much it would have been had I just paid the normal rate. It would have been $5 for the night. I'll probably stay at the Marriott next door and pay a little more next time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Staying in this Sheraton is like getting a so-so American rental car - you know the kind with the unusually loud turn signal, crappy upholstery and a plastic dashboard. You just can't help but feel they could do better if they had the slightest commitment to service and product quality.
The rooms were fine -- decent bedding, OK television, nice black-out curtains, sufficient lighting and outlets. Then came time to use the bathroom. The bathroom sink stopper did not stop water from draining. We had exactly two bath towels for myself and two children. The toilet seat was corroded in places. The grout was yellowed and peeling in the tub/shower. And there was no hot water. Seriously. My shower was lukewarm at best after waiting more than 15 minutes for it to warm up. At this point it was past midnight and I didn't have the energy to call the front desk or move rooms. We just put up with it. But we wouldn't return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Met some friends at the Sheraton's bar that were in town for a wedding. It wasn't overly crowded for a hotel bar (as to be expected) but, we sat on the patio since it was cooler out for a Carolina summer day. Wow!!! This patio was huge and it has the best view for people watching downtown. The drinks were good and on this nite they were grilling out burgers and dogs on the patio. Our bartender said they do this every Friday night. There was a live musician playing a mix of popular songs, so that was cool. Our bartender recommended one of their moonshine cocktails to go with our burgers off the patio grill. I stuck with my beer but, my friends got the cocktails and they rock!!! One was a watermelon something and the other was a take on Mojito. Can't speak to the rooms as I was not staying but, my friends seemed happy with their stay. If your downtown give this bar a shot.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

This was the hotel for a conference I attended. It was just incredibly average. Not bad. Not great. But not good enough for the rate.

The hotel parking is located across the street in the public garage. Drive around to Gale Street and enter at the second sign. There aren't any signs at the hotel's main entrance explaining the parking location. I had to call the front desk from my car for directions. You can't park and unload in the driveway because it is a fire lane. There isn't any street parking. You have to park and then tote everything from the lot. Parking is not free; they will add it to your bill.

The desk staff were polite but low energy. Business hotels usually have more outgoing staff. They could not recommend a restaraunt for a late dinner. They gave me a fuzzy, photocopied map and instructed me to walk up and down the street until I found something. A solo female. At 8 pm. In the dark. During a rainstorm.

So I went to the bar. The bartender was down right rude. It was obvious that she was busy pouring drinks, but she could have at least made eye contact. The hamburger was pretty good. For $12.

The room was fine. The bed was comfortable and everything worked. It was also quiet. That was the best part.

• Stayed July 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Hotel has decent location downtown, good for business travelers. A few good restaurants/bars within walking distance, not the most vibrant downtown. Parking is an additional $12 across street which isn't bad for a downtown hotel in my opinion. Hotel and rooms were spotless which is my number one concern. On the downside as usual, hotels attract 'ameatur guests' on weekends and with that is the usual carrying on until very early in the morning. I am currently staying at this hotel right now and my day started at 3:30am thanks to the idiots down the hall who were getting the party started, not fun when paying $200 a night and cant sleep.

• Stayed July 2012
LarryJraleigh, General Manager at Sheraton Raleigh Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for your review and great comments about our "Spotless Rooms." My housekeeping staff reviews these comments when they come out and are thrilled to see this feedback. I'm very sorry you were not given a good night sleep due to the noise of other guests. We have this posted in our elevators and send out letters to remind them to be quiet after 11pm to make everyone aware of it. Hope to see you soon.
Edenton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I've stayed here at least 3 times, and the rooms are very clean and modern. The hotel is in the BEST location, and within walking distance to restaurants, museums, and entertaiment. The pool was a little smaller than what the pictures appeared, but it was an indoor pool...it is what it is.

Very helpful staff, no complaints there, just make sure you watch your bar bill...we had some very odd charges on ours that the GM corrected for us. And the drinks are rediculously expensive, but that's what you get for a hotel bar. Will definiately stay again...and bring my own bottle!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review and for staying with us several times! Our newest drink in the City Scape Bar and Patio is our NC Moonshine which is turning out to be a big hit with our locals and out of town guests. My staff is having fun coming up with different flavors each week and the Moonshine is actually brewed here in North Carolina. You can also keep the glass to remind you of your experience and keep the legend going forward! Look forward to seeing you soon.

Been to Sheraton Raleigh Hotel? Share your experiences!