“Soccer Tournament” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Raleigh (Crabtree Valley Mall)

You added Holiday Inn Raleigh (Crabtree Valley Mall) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Raleigh (Crabtree Valley Mall)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4100 Glenwood Ave., Raleigh, NC 27612   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #44 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh
West Chester, Ohio
“Soccer Tournament”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My son, one of his teammates and I spent three nights for a soccer tournament. The room was clean. The boys commented on how much they liked the pillows and sheets.
The hotel is located across the street from Crabtree Valley Mall, but I was glad to have a GPS to navigate the circuitous return route.
The soccer team made arrangements for a buffet breakfast from 6-9 each morning. Unfortunately, the sausage, bacon and grits wasn’t well suited for someone to eat before a soccer match. Many of the items were gone by 8:30.
I was disappointed to learn that the hotel did not have washers or dryers.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Alvin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Raleigh (Crabtree Valley Mall), responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We will be remodeling our entire hotel soon and will have a guest laundry on site in the near future. Happy Holidays and we hope to see you again!

Alvin Sellars,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Acworth, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We scheduled a non-smoking room, but when we got off the elevator on the 7th floor, we were already concerned because of the odor. Once we opened the door to our room (716), it smelled like a wet ashtray and an undertone of bad air freshner! The hallway smelled better. We returned to the front desk to change to a NON-smoking room, and they indicated we did have a non-smoking room, but it was on a smoking floor. Really!?! Apparently there were no other rooms available, so we found ourselves hunting another hotel late at night on a busy weekend that most hotels were full. NOT a good experience at all! Who knew you needed to specify a non-smoking room on a non-smoking floor?!?

Room Tip: Specify NON-smoking room on a NON-smoking floor... otherwise, you're room might smell like an as...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Alvin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Raleigh (Crabtree Valley Mall), responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your review. Please accept my apologies for the hotel room configuration. We will soon begin our hotel renovation and will become a 100% non smoking hotel. We hope you will give us another try in the near future.

Alvin Sellars
Houghton, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Crabtree because it was the organizer's choice for a 2014 conference hotel for a small group that I participate in. It couldn't be bad, or they wouldn't have chosen it. And the price was very, very good ($79/night). I booked to stay a couple of nights early so I could explore Raleigh. I had no idea where the hotel was located relative to amenities including restaurants - I just went with it. And I was very satisfied!

It's a 12-story hotel. It has large rooms. Some of the fixtures are dated; for example, the tub and tiles were pretty plain. Other fixtures were updated; for example, there were nice marble countertops, and the furniture had been updated. Did I say the room was large? The linens were crisp, new, modern, and clean. The room was clean, too. There were plenty of towels and the coffee machine had supplies refilled every day. My room also had a fridge and microwave. All for $79!

The hotel is close to highways but not so close that you hear traffic noise, at least on the north side which is where I was. A very unexpected gem was discovering the Capital Area Greenway System just a hundred yards or so away from the hotel! The greenway is a network of probably 50 miles of improved (paved) trails that lead east and west and south into the city core. Perfect for a morning run! In fact, the weekend I was there was the Raleigh City of Oaks Marathon and plenty of runners on the trail. Nobody minded an out-of-shape tourist walking the trail and taking photos. What a wonderful surprise!

Also a surprise was the Crabtree Valley Mall, which you can walk to, if you're careful to plot a route. Raleigh is a car-centric city (other than the Greenway) but you can walk to the mall and it's a very nice place to shop and find a nice meal. I did sample the restaurant in the hotel and I'll do the hotel a favour and not write a review about that.

Room Tip: I stayed on the north side, away from the highway. Can't tell if this helped but it couldn't...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Alvin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Raleigh (Crabtree Valley Mall), responded to this review, November 12, 2014
Thank you for your great review. We appreciate the kind words about the cleanliness of the hotel and the amenities. We hope to see you again soon, perhaps after our renovations!

Thank you again.

Cherryville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

For starters, this hotel looked a whole lot better in photos than it is in real life. I would love to have the person that touched up the pictures do a few of myself. We got checked in and the little fruit at the front desk was more than rude, acting as if we were bothering him with our check in. We get on the elevator and questioned the place right away. It was slow and sounded as if it was about to break down. It was full of garbage that ended up being there for TWO days. We walked into the room to find stained carpet and a musty smell. My fiancé tried to call a coworker who was also staying here..... there was no phone! Had to call or one.... didn't get it until the next day. During my shower, the water wouldn't drain fast enough so I ended up standing in ankle deep water. My washcloth had wet caulk on it as it had just been done prior to us going into the room. REALLY! I try to iron my shirt to go to dinner... we have no iron! Wake up the next morning and realize there is no coffee maker! I could go on and on but the title of my review says it all. Don't spend your money on this hotel!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Raleigh (Crabtree Valley Mall), responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear StormyW11,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to your response and be of further assistance.

Zelyn N.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lake Worth, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2014

I had a HORRIBLE experience at this facility. If I could give it less than a "1" I would. Most of the staff needs to get out of the hospitality industry completely. They do not know what customer service means. The hotel is going through a renovation in the future and I hope that means they will include a renovation to the staff's attitude.

My room came equipped with a non working thermostat on my AC, mold on the ceiling, and old blood on my sheets. If these are the amenities this facility gives their quests I would book elsewhere

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Alvin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Raleigh (Crabtree Valley Mall), responded to this review, October 23, 2014
Thank you for your review. Please accept my apologies for your less than stellar stay. Please contact me directly to speak about your issues.

alvin@atmahotelgroup.com
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2014

The staff, especially Tim, were kind and gracious to our children who experienced car trouble near their hotel. The high school girls had driven to Raleigh for a campus tour of NC State and as they began the drive home their car developed a serious problem and could not be driven. Tim and his staff welcomed the distressed ( and frightened ) youngsters into his lobby and made the computer center available to them so they could complete school work that was due that night. He looked after them until anxious parents could make the two-hour drive to Raleigh and allowed us to leave the disabled vehicle in the hotel parking lot until we could arrange mechanical assistance the following day. His kindness calmed the girls and assured us parents that they would be safe until we could get there. Any time any of us are near Raleigh, we will most assuredly stay at this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Alvin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Raleigh (Crabtree Valley Mall), responded to this review, October 17, 2014
Thank you for your review. Thank you also for your comments regarding our staff. We are certainly glad that your daughters were taken care of and hope that you will see us again under better circumstances!
Wartburg, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

Our Check in experience was probably the best part of our stay. After this everything went down hill. I was in Raleigh for a family wedding the next day. The next morning I discovered our shower drain didn't work and we had no HOT water. My husband called the front desk and was told maintenance was working on the problem. We finally had to take cold showers so we could get to the wedding on time. We arrived back at the hotel about 9pm and discovered we still had no hot water. I contacted the front desk again and was told they were unsure when we would have hot water. I requested a refund and decided to leave. I was given a refund and discount for the night before. However, I had to request it! I even heard one of the staff commenting, "They're leaving too!" Not sure what they were expecting people to do. This hotel is in need of some updating. I would never suggest this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Alvin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Raleigh (Crabtree Valley Mall), responded to this review, October 10, 2014
Thank you for your review. Please accept my apologies for your less than stellar stay. I am glad to see that we refunded your stay due to the hot water issue. We replaced all of our water heaters on site so that we will not have that issue again. We hope to see you again and change your mind about our hotel in the future!

Alvin Sellars,

Been to Holiday Inn Raleigh (Crabtree Valley Mall)? Share your experiences!