“Couldn't even have a restful night.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Raleigh (Crabtree Valley Mall)

You added Holiday Inn Raleigh (Crabtree Valley Mall) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Raleigh (Crabtree Valley Mall)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4100 Glenwood Ave., Raleigh, NC 27612   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #44 of 83 Hotels in Raleigh
London, United Kingdom
“Couldn't even have a restful night.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Went there for only one night thankfully because I would not have been able to spend a night more! Check in was at 3 o clock but the room was not ready and we were waiting for about 20 minutes in the lobby until the room was ready for us. When we got to the room there were no towels. The air-condition kept shutting off for the entire night which made sleeping impossible. On the bright side its close to the mall so that was convenient.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Raleigh (Crabtree Valley Mall), responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am very sorry you had to wait to check in. It sounds like we may have been trying to get your room ready as quickly as possible and may have missed some "double-checking" of the room. We always try to check in guests as early as possible (even as early as 8:00 am). On very busy days, this sometimes gets challenging.

Please feel free to contact me at any time if I may be of additional assistance at (919)782-8600. Sincerely, Lisa Castagna, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We had a reasonable size group there over the weekend so at times the restaurant was a bit overwhelmed during breakfast and lunch however Terri was always helpful (with a smile) which made up for the challenges. All of the front desk staff were wonderful, I had a 6am flight and when the bellman didn't show up the security officer gladly took me to the airport without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for being our guest. I am glad Terri made you feel welcome during your stay. Our team sometimes has to "recover" when we are short a staff member; I was happy to hear that our overnight security guard did just that. We certainly hope to see your group back next year. Sincerely, Lisa Castagna, General Manager
Gatineau, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I came here for a annual conference that is held at this hotel every year... The staff every year have always been amazing and courteous to us, especially the bartenders when we're needy every year :)

Sophia, was a great waitress for us as well as Michael who is a super cool guy and up and coming bartender... As well, Lance the beverage management dude did a great job of keeping us stocked up, and made sure our drinks were always full (Thanks buddy)... The bartender Jamie came back (Apparently she left but came back just for our event) did an amazing job, and it was great to see her again :)

The hotel was actually a pretty great experience this year, the rooms were improved from last year. For the price I paid the hotel delivered an amazing value with multiple pillow options already in the room, etc.

The only thing that really sucks, is this was a marketing convention for online marketers, and the internet was garbage at this event..

Room Tip: All the rooms are pretty well equal, although heads up, the elevator is slow.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for all of the kind comments you made about our team; I know they love to read the feedback, as do I. We are truly greatful that your group comes back each year and we appreciate the business.

I am sorry that our wireless internet did not meet your expectations. I will share your feed back with our vendor. We recently did a significant upgrade so I was disappointed to read your comments...we may have a little more work to do in this area.

Again, thank you for your business.

Lisa Castagna
Bay Shore, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel was great but what really did it for us was the exemplary service each morning at breakfast!! Sophia was Awsome!! ...a true professional!! For a couple from NY, Sophia is what we always thought "Southern Hospitality" was/is. Thank You for making our stay warm. and friendly.Considering moving down...Take Care and God Bless, Sophia!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind comments about Sophia. Her self-appointed nickname is "Country" so she IS true southern hospitality. Raleigh is a wonderful place to visit and to live. I am also from the North; I am sure you would love it here as much as I do.

If ever I may be of assistance, please feel free to contact me personally at (919)376-1066.

Lisa Castagna, General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Really happy with the service from the staff at Raleigh especially terri and Sophia In the restaurant.

The front desk very nice and friendly and helpful too.

Would come back again and recommend it for an event location

• Stayed April 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was here with other marketers from Thursday till Monday. Terri from Carolina Jack was amazing! Simply put. I would come back to this hotel just because of her!! She was so warm and welcoming. Always checked back on our table abd had a great sense of humor. Thank you Terri!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013
Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Dear Tamara,

I want to take a moment to thank you for your warm welcome when I checked in
the hotel March 21, prior to my training day. I appreciated your personal note and the discount card.

I also want to give special recognition both Michael's in the banquet
department. On the evening I arrived, Michael took time to go over the room
set up to make sure everything was just right. Then the day of the class I
received great service from Michael Capers from start to finish. I have
worked with Michael C. in the past and have always appreciated his focus on
customer service.

Please let both of them know I appreciated their help!
Thanks once again,
Sheryl B.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Raleigh (Crabtree Valley Mall)? Share your experiences!