“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Raleigh (Crabtree Valley Mall)

You added Holiday Inn Raleigh (Crabtree Valley Mall) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Raleigh (Crabtree Valley Mall)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4100 Glenwood Ave., Raleigh, NC 27612   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #44 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Having stayed at hotels all up and down the East coast most of all last year Monday through Friday for work, and part of this year, I have gotten to experience several brands and experiences. I have stayed at other Holiday Inn's and had good experiences. This one had a nice room, and the location is good but the following things caused this poor review; 1) VERY unfriendly staff at the Front Desk. Dealt with three seperate people during my stay and all three were cold and rude. 2) I drink coffee and it is advertised to have it available at the Lobby 24/7. Past 10am, nothing untl the next morning. 3) Very slow wireless connection and I frequently got kicked off the system with the need to log back in, and while working, that was very inconveient. 4) The computer in the business center are outdated and do not have the ability to read a simple .pdf file since Adobe is not loaded and can not be loaded. 5) Even when the maid cleaned my room, she took all my wash cloths, did not provide new soap so I had to go ask for them. (Minor issues and all I could do was smile at that point)
Although we get a good corporate rate, with the price paid per night, I expect much better. I have had MUCH better experiences with staff, free breakfasts, unlimited coffee and great wireless at Days Inn's, Ramadas, Best Westerns, Marriotts, etc.
There is far too much competition for this hotel to be lacking in those areas. Embassy Suites, La Qunita and others are two blocks away with MANY others within 5 miles. (This hotel was booked for me by my boss, otherwise it would not have been my first choice and after this, even my last choice.
If the staff had been friendly, I could overlook some things, but with all the poor issues, I can not recommend this place.

Room Tip: Check out the La Quinta or Embassy Suites two blocks away.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed there for 2 nights. When we first arrived the hotel looked like it has been remodeled.... But when we went up to the rooms, the hallways and rooms looked and smelled old. Service was great, along with the location.

• Stayed July 2012
Lisa C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Raleigh (Crabtree Valley Mall), responded to this review, October 12, 2012
We ceratinly have the friendliest hotel team in Raleigh! Thank you for your kind words. We have renovated many of our public areas of the hotel this year including our meeting space. Our guest room renovation will start in the first part of 2013; we are very excited about the changes that will occur next year.

Our location is convenient to NC State University, the Crabtree Valley Mall, and the RBC Center; we hope to see you during your next visit to Raleigh.

Lisa Castagna
Kernersville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

This hotel is older, but you can tell they have done some remodeling. The rooms were clean and the be was comfortable. It was very quiet were I was staying. Despite the remodeling, you could see the age of the rooms. The staff was very friendly. I'd stay here again if I could get the same deal I got this time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate the kind words about our staff. We have done many renovations this year to our meeting rooms, corridors, and pool area. We have big plans for next year as we will be replacing all of our guest room furniture and carpeting (work has already started in some of our rooms). We hope to see you at the Holiday Inn Raleigh Crabtree Valley during your next trip.

Lisa Castagna
Havelock, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

It was fairly nice for an older hotel. Front desk staff were very friendly, one of the ladies looked up things for us to do in the area. The restaurant wasn't the cleanest, and there was only one person working on a Saturday night. Which I thought was odd. The rooms were clean, just needed a little bit of maintenance. Paint the chipped closet walls, and fix the screw that was sticking out of the door. Someone could really get hurt on that. So I warn you, please watch your heels by the doors. The beds were terrible though, my husband and I both woke up with our back in pain. The staff was great and the rooms were pretty clean. Not the nicest hotel, but I would stay again if I had another last minute trip.

Room Tip: I requested a bottom floor and they gladly gave it to me. If you have more than two people in the ro...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is located in a good area near shops and restaurants. Comfortable beds and room. Customer service very friendly. Just a hiccup entering my room (salt shaker on floor next to door) after maid service cleaned.

• Stayed August 2012
Berlin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Very comfortable hotel with professional service, locate close to a shopping center. In my opinion food was not good but on other hand one could go to the shopping center where is good selection of restaurants.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed at this property last week, must admit I was a bit hesitant due to some of the reviews posted here on TA. However - must say I really could not find anything to complain about! Front desk staff was friendly and professional. Had a drink in the Bar which was fine - although there was an issue with air conditioning. Room was nice given that this is an older property - cleanliness was good and bed was comfortable.

Breakfast next morning was not so good - food was pretty bad but the service made up for it.

They were installing new carpeting in the lobby which looks really nice and the parking lot was much cleaner than when I stayed there earlier this year.

This hotel gets a lot of knocks on here - some I am sure are well deserved - but they often do not get the praise they earn either.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Raleigh (Crabtree Valley Mall)? Share your experiences!