Three work associates and I stayed at the Marriott Crabtree for two nights while attending a professional conference that was held at the hotel. Overall, I was very pleased.
Relatively easy to find, the Marriott Crabtree is situated directly across the street from a great mall. Having shopping and restaurants nearby was very convenient during my off-time from the conference. The landscaping and parking areas are nice, neat, and attractive. The main entrance is a little confusing because the main doors do not open directly into the lobby. Visitors must choose to walk left or right upon entering. Signage is present but not very effective.
I did not check in personally, so I do not know how the front-desk experience was. My boss seemed pleased (she was the one who checked us in). Elevator service was quite speedy the whole trip.
Our room was neat, clean, and outfitted with the newer Marriott interior style- -which is very pleasant. We were on only the second floor, and our view was of the roof below. I'm not concerned too much about views.
The beds were very comfortable, and there were a ton of pillows from which to choose. I slept like a log both nights. 2 Queen beds, a desk, and other furniture left little extra space in the room, which is to be expected in an older hotel.
The conference areas were wonderful. They are all close to each other, which makes for easy transition between programs. The new carpeting and decor made a great impression. Good breakfast catereing. The lunch catering was so-so. The bread, salad, and dessert were good, but the main dish was not. I skipped it.
The two things that bugged me about this property were:
(1) The hotel website advertises that free wireless internet is available in the lobby. There was none, or it wasn't working. The only other option was to find a coffeshop that offered it or pay $10 for in-room connection.
(2) I expect hotels to provide a warm, welcoming ambiance in their lobbies, restaurants, and lounges. I was looking forward to relaxing downstairs with a drink (and my laptop). In an admirable effort to ease their impact on the environment, they ignored the important role lighting plays in creating that ambiance. Every light fixture contained a compact fluorescent bulb, making me feel like I walked into a nicely decorated K-Mart instead of a hotel. Even the backlighting that was supposed to be decorative behind the bar was fluorescent! I know I am sensitive to this, perhaps more than others, but it affected my stay.
- convenient location
- nice landscaping/outdoors
- speedy elevators
- nice rooms
- comfy beds
- good conference setting
- some rooms have icky views
- no wireless as was promised
- compromised ambiance in common areas because of inappropriate lighting
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.