“I said I would be back..and I am!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #24 of 80 hotels in Raleigh
Salisbury, Maryland, United States
“I said I would be back..and I am!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Visited (again) in Feb of 2013 - all the accolades of my last review still stand. The basic things like bed and chair are more then useful if not impressive, but the bathroom was clean and functional and the staff super friendly. Breakfast buffet...a MUST visit, even if staying elsewhere. At $15 it is not cheap, but SO worth it. We had one snafu, the pool was closed do an "child's incident" (I don't want to know any more!) but the front desk clerk offered us a movie on them to make up for any inconvenience. The WIFI worked great. Love that there is lots of free parking and being so close to the mall.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

202 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Pflugerville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I had to go to Raleigh for work and had wanted to stay at the Embassy Suites but they were sold out so I made a reservation at the Marriott and was just blown away by their amazing service. Every single interaction I had with the hotel staff was top notch and made me feel like a VIP at every encounter. It was truly amazing! First, they have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Huge savings!!! The gentleman that picked me up was so friendly and warm spirited. He made me feel very comfortable. When I checked in the lady at the desk was very friendly and attentive as well. Later that evening as I unpacked, I realized I forgot my toothbrush. I called down to ask if they had one and it was brought right up to me and the girl that delivered it was very nice as well. The next morning, I had a "Thank you" note under my door handwritten by "Stephanie" (the girl that delivered the toothbrush) that thanked me for staying at the hotel and asked me to let her know if she could get me anything else. (At this point I started keeping track of names because I was already blown away by the service. I wish I had written down the names of the others). When I went into the dining room for breakfast, I was greeted by smiles and was shown right to my table. The food was delicious and my server Michelle was super sweet, friendly and attentive as well. The next day when I went in for breakfast, she remembered me and showed me right to my table again where I had a wonderful breakfast. I don't write many reviews but felt the need to say something about my fantastic stay at the Marriott. They truly made me feel like a valued guest and I will definitely stay there again when back in Raleigh.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Amsterdam, Nederland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

A pretty decent hotel, clean and spacey rooms. Bar is lively, that's a big plus! Across the street is the Crabtree Valley Mall (not even a five minute walk), a very good place to shop when you're in Raleigh.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Modesto, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Yes, they have updated this place, but it still feels old.
I hate those Marriott designs with the long dark hallways.
This place does have a good location and a good gym.
But they really need to invest more money into updating the hotel.
Staff was really nice, but to be expected.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Summary: staff was rude and unhelpful which made for a very unpleasant stay. Also, the floor we were staying on looked like a $29 roach motel.

On 12/18 I stay at this Marriott in order to catch a flight the next morning from RDU. Upon evening check at the front desk I requested that the shuttle take me to the airport for my 8am flight the next day. The associate responded "the shuttle doesn't start until 7am." I then asked what I should do and she stated that I should find another way to get to the airport. She did not give me any taxi information or other options on how to get to the airport; she also rolled her eyes at me when I started to walk away. Is 8 am really too early of a flight for a hotel that advertises free airport shuttles? Also, when I requested information on area restaurants I could eat at they were completely unhelpful. Stay somewhere else other than here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I called the week prior to Christmas to make a reservation for 4 adults and 3 children for the Marriott Christmas buffet. First of all, I was sent to an answer machine but I left my request and my phone number and asked for a confirmation of dinner for 7 at 6:00p.m. I never received a return call (which should have been my first clue) but I am a Marriott rewards member and usually enjoy good service. After several days I called again---this time I was told there was no space until 8 p.m. I indicated my displeasure at being previously ignored and hung up. Shortly I did receive a call from a restaurant manager who apologized and said she would work me in at 6. The price was $35 per adult and $17 per child. I assumed the buffet would be quite lavish at that price. When we arrived, the place was half empty and it remained that way the entire time we ate. (Where was the lack of space?) The buffet was average or less, and there was nothing for the kids. We had to order separately from the menu for them to have anything at all to eat. The atmosphere was deadly---no one smiled or welcomed us, there was nothing festive, no music, and most of the clientele looked as if they had come in from working in their yards. I am totally embarrassed that I selected this place for our special family Christmas dinner. The bill was over $200 and I have had tastier food at McDonald's. I found this very sad at a Marriott property.
I do want to say that the one positive of the evening was our waiter Marcus. He was a delight and did everything possible to make things for us all. His nice personality and attention were much appreciated.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Trumbull, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

A typical mid-level business hotel with all the usual amenities. Rooms were clean and nicely appointed but slightly dated. Not palace for a luxurious vacation, but perfectly adequate for a couple of nights.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Raleigh Marriott Crabtree Valley? Share your experiences!