“Personal Observation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown

You added Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 Wake Towne Drive, Raleigh, NC 27609 (Formerly Hampton Inn Raleigh - North)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #31 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh
Goldsboro
“Personal Observation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Avoid the first few rooms on the first floor, to have a more positive sleep experience. This hotel is in a beautiful location and is very close to Duke Raliegh Hospital. The hotel staff were very helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for noting our great location, and yes we are the closest Hampton Inn to Duke Raleigh hospital. We offer a great “Medical” rate to those that need to go to DRH.

We hope the next time you come to Raleigh; you will stay with us, because we “love having you here!”

Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Philadelphia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Roach Motel!

After a 9 hour drive, I checked in at this hotel. When I walked in, two men behind the counter continued their personal conversation with friends for no less than 5 minutes, while I struggled to carry my luggage in, propping the door with a leg and dragging the luggage behind me, and then waiting as patiently as I could at the desk. Finally, I asked for assistance, and they made it clear how upset they were that I was interrupting their conversation. The man who "helped" me said virtually nothing to me, then pushed the key across the counter. I had to ask what time breakfast begin, and how to get to my room. He grunted answers. No one offered to assist with my luggage.

I settled into the room, waiting for an old friend to arrive, who had also driven 9 hours. Shortly after she checked in, we saw HUGE roaches crawling along the wall of the room! We promptly called the front desk and advised them of the problem. The response: literally, silence. Finally, I said, "send someone to assist with the luggage. We are checking out"... a man knocked on our door and when we opened it, he was walking away, having left a luggage cart.

We stopped at the front desk and checked out. NOT ONCE did the front desk clerk apologize, offer to change our rooms, or otherwise provide ANY customer assistance. He refused to give us a receipt for the room to prove we were not charged. I demanded a receipt.

The next day, when I saw charges on my card, I called Hilton International to seek a credit (which I did receive). I was transferred to the customer service division. NOT ONCE did they apologize for the roach motel, or the horrible service we received.

I will never stay at another Hilton property again.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hampton M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
We sincerely apologize for the very unfortunate experience you had during your stay at our hotel.

We appreciate that you brought the service and bug issues to our attention promptly. We've addressed your concerns with our staff and our pest control company.

If we can help in any way, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The check in staff were very nice and enthusiastic as she told us about internet connection and breakfast in the morning. It is down a street, off of a main road so it is easy to miss. The room was clean. The breakfast was good, offering the same type of items as do other Hamptons. This is our second stay at this Hampton. It is where we stay when going to the state fair. It is very centrally located for the city. When we met any staff in the hall, they were always friendly, speaking and smiling to thd guests.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your review.

We do refer to this hotel as “Raleigh’s hidden treasure”

We are located right in the heart of Raleigh with convenient access to several things to see and do in the area.

I am so glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, that is a Hampton standard and it is a great value.

We hope to see you, next year, during the NC State Fair.

Maryland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Much to be desired here! Staff okay, location good, food terrible, vending machines empty, HVAC awful, rooms did not smell very nice. I checked out early to find another Hampton. Location os very good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel.

We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of your guest room.

We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience.

Again, we apologize for all of the inconveniences and we hope you will come visit us in the future.

Orlando, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Hampton Inn does it right. Good value for money. Only negative for this location is that it is not visible from the street, so very easy to miss turn. Make sure you have directions. Very quiet area and easy access to interstate. Good selection of restaurants close by.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

The check in staff were very friendly and accommodating. You could tell the lobby area had been recently renovated and it was very welcoming. The room could use a redo as it has the feel of an older Hampton Inn. Our room was spacious but it needs reconfigured and modernized - hopefully there is a plan to remodel the rooms soon. The TV was positioned badly as you could not see the TV unless you sat on one end of the sofa. Only one person could watch from this position and that person still didn’t have a view of the full screen. They need to swap the location of the wardrobe with the dresser that holds the TV to solve this problem. The bed seemed a little soft to me but not a big issue. The bathroom was a little on the small side but I still found plenty of space for my toiletries. There is a manager’s reception every Monday - Wednesday with a hot appetizer, a salty snack and beer, wine and soft drinks. They serve you so don’t expect to substitute this reception for dinner but it is a nice touch. They also had plenty of bottled water available - all you needed to do was ask. Breakfast was typical Hampton. They didn’t have my favorites the days I was there but the second day was much better than the first. They had the normal robust coffee available which I always appreciate.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.com.

We did just finish renovating all of the common areas (lobby, front desk, fitness facility, hallway carpet and vinyl & the breakfast area). We are very pleased with the final product.

I can tell you that we will renovate our rooms, but we are not sure the start date of this project.

We call ourselves. "Raleigh Midtown's hidden treasure." We are off the beaten path, but are easily accessible to several shopping centers, area restaurants and area activities.

Please come & stay with us, again, the next time you visit Raleigh.

Director of Sales and Marketing
Raleigh, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have been very pleased both times I have stayed at The Hampton while visiting my family in Raleigh. I received a very thoughtful handwritten note from someone on the staff and enjoyed 3 exceptional complimentary breakfasts. Upon my recommendation after my first visit, other members of our family have stayed at The Hampton. I feel sure we will return for more visits.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Sue J,
Thank you so much for the great review on TripAdvisor. We really do appreciate the positive feedback and the time you took to post your review.

We try to make our guests feel as if this is their “home away from home.” So we try to do things that are “out of the ordinary” as our way of saying, thank you for staying with us.

We recently upgraded our breakfast to include an egg and a meat product, each morning. We are so glad you enjoyed the selection.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you come to Raleigh.

Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown

Been to Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown? Share your experiences!