“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown

You added Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 Wake Towne Drive, Raleigh, NC 27609 (Formerly Hampton Inn Raleigh - North)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book 2X Loyalty Points
Ranked #30 of 83 Hotels in Raleigh
Fayetteville, NC
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were only here for one night, but I would stay a week if I needed to. They are currently in the final stations of a major renovation and they have done a great job, it's looking really good. Our room (1 king) was very spacious, clean, comfortable. What more could you ask for? Awesome location and great price. Can't find any negative here. Very pleasant front desk staff that engaged us in conversation and was very friendly. Deserves a much higher rating on Trip Advisor. Will stay here again next time I need to stay in Raleigh, you can bet on that.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you so much for this outstanding review!!!

You are correct, the lobby renovations are almost completed and what a difference!!! We are extremely pleased with the outcome. It is sleek, modern and eye catching!!

Our mission is to provide the best customer service possible and make sure our guests feel “right at home.”

We look forward to having you stay with us again, soon.

Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Roswell, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This old worn out Hampton Inn is in bad shape! When I arrived there were construction trailers and work trucks and caution tape strung up everywhere. They reported they were remodeling the lobby. They had a makeshift check in desk in the hallway in the back of the building. Check in was very slow with a line of people waiting when I arrived. After I finally received my room I found that even though my profile request upper floor away from the elevators, they gave me a lower floor right next to the elevator! Upon entering the room I quickly realized that the room was extremely worn out and not very clean. I hope the construction crew does not stop in the lobbly since this place has seen its better days. The next fun was at breakfast. They had relocated the breakfast area to one of their conference rooms. This was so packed and unorganized that all I wanted to do was get out as fast as possible.

Anyone traveling to the Raleigh area should avoid this place at all cost. A park bench might be a better choice. There are many other good choices in the area. I will never be back here!

Room Tip: Somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission.

We want you to know that we stand behind our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Renovations are almost completed and we are very pleased with the progress.

I am sorry you did not have a good experience while staying with us.

Las Vegas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Great staff! Even though the building was being renovated it was very clean with little to no disturbances. I book rooms with The Hilton Hotels regularly for our employees and will continue to do so! Great hotels at a reasonable rate. Thank you for such great standards.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for the very nice review on Tripadvisor.com.

Yes, we are currently under renovation and hope to have it completed by July.

If you think your company would like to use us as a preferred hotel, in Raleigh, call me so we can discuss in detail.

We are very proud of our property and strive to make it your “home away from home” while visiting Raleigh.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This hotel is very easy to access off the Beltline, also minutes away from Capitol Blvd (a straight shot to downtown). Checkin is usually seemless. Across the street from Shaba Shabu sushi/Thai, Trader Joes, auto parts store, Melting Pot Restaurant and minutes away from other food choices.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Tripadvisor.com.

Yes, the hotel is conventiently located off of I-440 and right in the heart of Raleigh’s Midtown.

We have several partnerships with some of the area restaurants, so if you are looking for a great place to eat, just ask us. We will be sure to recommend one of our favorite local establishments.
Carolina Ale House, Shaba/Shabu and The Cowfish are just a few of our favorites.

Next time you are in the Raleigh area, come and stay with us b/c “We love having You here!”

Director of Sales and Marketing
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I booked my reservation through booking.com for my daughter and her guest for a convention that she was working. The orignal reservation was for a single room with one double bed but I made sure to contact booking.com to see if they could change it to a double room. Booking.com contacted the hotel and got the room switched to a double occupancy but when my daughter arrived, they still had her reservation for the original single occupancy room. They said there was nothing they could do because they were all booked up. Normally, I like Hampton Inns because of the professional and accommodating staff, but I thought this was poor communication at the very least.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
I am sorry to hear that you had some difficulties with checking in our hotel.

I am not sure what happened exactly, but I know that we were sold out of all of our double bedded rooms, back in April. If Booking.com called the hotel, we would have advised them that there were no rooms left with 2 beds.

Next time you are in need of a room, during a city-wide event (such as Animazement), I would suggest you call the hotel directly to book your reservation. It is easier to make revisions & cancellations, directly with the property.

Director of Sales and Marketing
Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Pro-the staff is very friendly, and the hotel is located away from the road, so it is a quiet location.

CON-THIS HOTEL IS UNDERGOING A MAJOR RENOVATION. There was constant drilling from early morning until at least 5 pm. On the Saturday morning we departed, the drilling started at 745am, and that is NOT my idea of a wake up call. Nowhere, in any hotel information listing service, was the renovation mentioned. I would not have stayed if I was made aware of it. By the time we arrived, it was too late to make other arrangements.

DO NOT STAY HERE UNTIL THE RENOVATIONS ARE COMPLETE, AND THAT WILL PROBABLY TAKE 6-12 MONTHS.

THIS HOTEL SHOULD CLOSE UNTIL THE WORK IS DONE.

STAY HERE AT YOUR OWN RISK...BUYER BEWARE!!

THERE ARE OTHER OPTIONS.

Room Tip: Choose another location, there are better options.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
DOSHIRM2010, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for staying with us.

We are very sorry for your experience, as you stated we are working on improving our property and we thank all of our guests for their patience during this time.

Please let us know if you have additional comments or suggestions you would like to share and again, please accept our apologies for the inconveniences.

We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we hope to have another chance to serve you in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

There wasn't even a lobby. The lobby was closed down just a few days prior to the weekend we stayed there. Signage was a problem. The check in area was cramped, hot and distasteful. No one offered any amenities or reparations for the state of the hotel. When I gave a credit card at the beginning of the stay, the staff member who "helped" me could tell me when it would be charged and I had to pull in another staff member to clarify. When I requested additional blankets and pillows because my companion and I prefer different room temperatures, it required no less than 3 phone calls and took over 2 hours to get. While I am the first to admit that I have stayed in wonderful hotels with excellent service in the course of my travelling life - This is probably the worst hotel I've stayed in, in my life. Without exaggeration.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown? Share your experiences!