“Staff are wonderful, rooms are nice and clean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown

You added Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 Wake Towne Drive, Raleigh, NC 27609 (Formerly Hampton Inn Raleigh - North)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #31 of 80 Hotels in Raleigh
Georgia
“Staff are wonderful, rooms are nice and clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My brother and I met up for a quick weekend to hang out. I booked this hotel online before heading out, but my brother got there very early, much before my arrival. The staff were very accomodating and checked him right in and even offered him breakfast. I arrived much later in the afternoon and saw that the room did not have 2 beds like I had reserved online. This was due to the fact that they checked in my brother early and a room with 2 beds wasn't available at the time (not at all their fault). They had us moved to the correct room within 15 minutes! They had a very nice gentleman deliver the new keys to our room for us. The room was very, very clean and quiet throughout the night. Breakfast was good and they had several attendants on duty to make sure everyone was taken care of. Every single staff member we ran into was friendly and said hello to us. Johnathan was working behind the desk and upon checking out; he made sure that everything was in order and they didn't charge me extra for my brother arriving early! They really went out of their way to make sure we had a nice stay - I would absolutely recommend this hotel. Additional note: it is also near the I-440 interstate and close to a bunch of stores and resturants (right across the main street).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DOSHIRM2010, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
I am so glad you and your brother had a great weekend hanging out in Raleigh.

I am glad your brother was able to relax, have some breakfast and check-in.

I am so glad you were pleased with your room and our breakfast options. We pride ourselves on our customer service and making sure every guest feels right at home.

And yes, we are right off of I-440 and we are located across the street from Trader Joe’s and Costco!!

We hope that you will come and stay with us, the next time you &/or your brother come to Raleigh.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is my second stay at this property. I loved that it is tucked away from the road but still conveniently located between Raleigh & Durham. The staff was very friendly and the rate for my stay was far better than other Hampton Inns in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor

Some people call us “The hidden treasure” of Raleigh’s Midtown.

We are proud of our hotel and we hope to see you the next time you are in Raleigh.

Harrisburg, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Booked a room with two double beds, a refrigerator, and a microwave. Got a room with one single double bed with no refrigerator or microwave. The front desk staff were very rude, made us move to 2 other rooms only to find, none of them had a refrigerator to store our medicines. Room walls were paper thin, we could hear guests in the adjacent rooms very well and we did not sleep well that night. Complimentary breakfast was good, very comparable to other locations with a few hot item choices. 100% satisfaction guarantee is a gimmick, no attempt was made to rectify our issue.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I was a recent guest at this hotel. I found it to be very clean and the staff extremely helpful. The renovations were nice and I felt the beds had been changed,not like so hotels were the smell is stale. It was close to the mall and it was also close to downtown. I had a few questions and the front desk staff was able to answer my questions adequately. I would definitely stay there again. The beds were incredible! I slept like a logThe price was very reasonable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DOSHIRM2010, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay ot our hotel. We also appreciate the excellent review you posted on TripAdvisor.

We recently changed our name to the Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown, because we are centrally located to many fun and exciting things to do in Raleigh.

Our clean and fresh beds are a signature item with the Hampton brand. I am so glad to hear that you slept comfortably in your bed while staying with us.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Exceptionally friendly check in during stay on 3/19. Key didn't work initially on check in, went back to the desk for a replacement. They radioed ahead for a maintenance person who met me at my room to insure the new key worked. Small details make a big difference!

Hallway at property recently upgraded. Good location, good value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We try to make sure that every one of our guests feels “right at home” when they stay at our property.

Please visit us the next time you are in Raleigh.

Raleigh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel last November after a horrifying break in that left our Raleigh home with a broken door, frame and adjoining wall totally on the floor, unplesant find when you get home at 10pm. Police spent 2 hours to make a report and since all of our belongings were on the floor we had no choice but to look for a hotel room. Unfortunately there was some kind of soccer tournament going on and getting a room that late at night was nearly impossible. We went to the Hampton and the gentleman that was behind the counter (from Australia, the friendliest Country in the world) went out of his way to get us a room and to price it right. Thank you, the room was spacious and we felt safe and least got 3 or four hours of sleep. No matter where we are, this chain will be our first choice from now on even if we go back to where we came from and Raleigh will be in our mind where at least one person showed us some compassion, too bad he wasn't a local.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the positive review.

I am so sorry to hear about what happened at your home. I am so glad you were comfortable and safe.

Hampton Inns do take pride in the fact that we are the most reliable hotel brand in the world. No matter what town you are staying in, the Hampton Inn’s amenities and brand standards are the same.

I am glad our staff member made sure you were taken care of and made to feel like part of our family.

richmond
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed recently while visiting for a road race. While the hotel was undergoing renovations the service and staff were friendly and accommodating. I'm still amazed they have smoking rooms in this day and age, as over room had a strong stale smoke smell.

Room Tip: Make sure you get non-smoking if that is your preference