This was the second year in a row we stayed at this hotel for a week prior to Thanksgiving. We asked for our same room in advance and were happy to get it at check-in. Noticed a smoke smell in the hallway on the 5th floor and learned that the other wing of 5th floor was for smokers (we were at the far end of the non-smoking wing). We hadn't noticed a smell our first time here, so that was a surprise. The front desk clerk said they would be renovating the hotel and "maybe it would change." (I think he meant they may become an entirely non-smoking hotel.) The odor did not enter our room, so we didn't let it bother us.
Staff was friendly and professional, maids also gave us a nice greeting in the halls. Nice breakfast/lounge area off the front lobby, and wireless Internet works very well. Exercise room right off the lobby had a doctor's scale, which came in handy when we wanted to weigh our big suitcase before leaving for the airport.
Morning breakfast has a good selection, but I wish they had kept the hard-boiled eggs from last year. I also thought I remembered that last year we could get a small tray to take breakfast up to our room, but no trays this year.
Despite the above small problems, I'm giving this four stars because it's pretty much the only place in this area of Raleigh that is a quality operation with an affordable room rate. It's 1/2 block from Trader Joe's, so very convenient to get food for keeping snacks and beverages in the room frig. One block to Costco (we visit family when here). If they renovate, I'm very much hoping they don't raise the room rates, as we will stay here again if rates continue to be affordable.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Raleigh - North Hotel
- Hampton Inn Raleigh - North Hotel Raleigh
- Hampton Inn Raleigh
- Hampton Inn Raleigh North
- Raleigh Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hampton Inn Raleigh-Midtown. Where there is always a lot to do!! Stay at the Hampton Inn® hotel in Raleigh-Midtown, and you'll be in a town with a diverse lineup of activities. Love history? You'll find museums, historic homes, neighborhoods and historic districts dating back to Sir Walter Raleigh's time. Art fan? Check out the NC Museum of Natural Sciences or any one of our 20 museums. Do you prefer to watch sports? Professional and college teams such as NC State University keep balls of all sorts aloft here in North Carolina. There is always a sporting event or a great performance at the PNC Arena. It's all just a few minutes from our hotel in Raleigh. When you're ready for the perfect North Carolina afternoon; head to one of the state's gorgeous golf courses. We're known for our beautiful fairways and lush greens. Or if wine is more your thing, venture to the Piedmont Region, where you'll find some of the state's best-known vineyards. And, of course, Durham, Chapel Hill and the Research Triangle Park are nearby, too. So come check into the Hampton Inn hotel in Raleigh-Midtown, a city with a royal past and dynamic future. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Tingo and Priceline so you can book your Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.